Pattaya immigration home visit by immigration, is it only for marriage or kid extension ? Do they visit only the first time ? what questions do they ask ?

hello, wondering about pattaya immigration home visit for visa extension, do they do it only the first year, and is it only for marriage visa, not retirement ?

Wondering what visa to get next.

And what about bangkok, have you been visited also ? for which visa ? only the first time you apply ?

thank you.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A home visit is normally only done when a extension of stay based upon marriage to or the parent of a Thai has been applied for.

Thank you but the question is where do they visit only 1 time, the first time, and not every year.

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Might help if you outline what the non O and extension would be based on 

I understand that mods wanabee reply to all posts they find to "look good" but it is often better to read the question first.

I am talking about marriage and retirement as clearly explained.

Thank you again for all your super useful posts and replies ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, leba said:

not retirement ?

I’ve been visited this January when first time applied for retirement visa in Bangkok. Haven’t been visited when applied to extension in February though. Not sure what will happen next year when apply for next extension. But nothing special, no neighbors or apartment’s staff involved. Just some photos of mine in front of the room, inside the room, photos of docs (the same ones which had been applied already). So I am not disturbed a lot.

I thought about a marriage extension, and was told that because we had already been married several years that it was unlikely they would do a home visit. But I did a retirement one anyway as it was way less hassle simply in terms of the documentation. 

I live in Hua Hin. Immigration viited the first year an took photos.

The next year they told us if the have the photos from the previous year they would not visit. No visit so they must still have the photos. We will find out in June when we  go to extend another year what the current policy is.

25 minutes ago, nitehawk42 said:

I live in Hua Hin. Immigration viited the first year an took photos.

The next year they told us if the have the photos from the previous year they would not visit. No visit so they must still have the photos. We will find out in June when we  go to extend another year what the current policy is.

On my third marriage extension in Hua Hin - only had the one visit (the first year) so far.

They visit every year for the marriage extension,this year didnt even bother to come into the house ,just took a couple of pictures in the garden with our neighbour who popped over to answer questiones like she does every year.

never been a problem.

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

From virtually every report I've read about their visits, they are polite and get about it as quick as possible. I imagine they don't want to be there any more than you want them there. There's no money in it for them.

Are you really sure there's no money for them? That's not what I've experienced.

• Confused 1

At Pathum Thani they visit EVERY year....covid or not.

Need 2 neighbors with house books and ID cards which I dutifully copy in colour for them on my printer.

Never speak to me, only a little bit to wife and neighbors. 

Photos inside and out with our "witnesses".

30mins all done.

Total BS.

(Rolled up in a BMW "smart car"....I think they like to get out of the office ????

57 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Please, enlighten us all.

I was ask to pay additional 1,000 baht (after the 1,900 baht) at the office or to the onsite officer. The 1,000 baht has no receipt and the officer say its for "nam jai". Daylight robbers!

Simplest answer to the op is a marriage extension is "usually" subject to a home visit while "pending approval" but a retirement extension is "Not usually" subject. I have had one such visit for a retirement extension that involved the same criteria as a  marriage extension coincidental to the establishment of a new Provincial Immigration Office. My provincial address has never changed but the provincial Office I apply to has changed twice from neighboring provinces.

For those who are liable for marriage extension visits due to age ineligibility for retirement etc mostly express dissatisfaction with the  drawn out  process  rather than the outcome .

19 hours ago, easydoor said:

What is your problem with a home visit by Immigration? Immigration is allowed to vist you as many times they want or they need. You have something to hide for them? Some people make a problem of everything. 

Sometimes the visiting IO's will ask for money for fuel which they then pocket for themselves,  the average farang is too scared to refuse, but not being a member of the "scared of your own shadow" brigade, I certainly would not give them any money.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

From virtually every report I've read about their visits, they are polite and get about it as quick as possible. I imagine they don't want to be there any more than you want them there. There's no money in it for them.

Fuel money??

23 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I certainly would not give them any money

I would be happy to give them money if the deal included them not setting foot on my property let alone inside my home. 

Different strokes for different folks. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I would be happy to give them money if the deal included them not setting foot on my property let alone inside my home. 

Different strokes for different folks. 

last 2 years i had to do the extension here
they did not set foot inside my house
only wanted to speak to the witness
had same guys both times
they even asked how the MIL was, as they met her the previous time
5 minutes sat in the garden, quick photo and they are done and gone

i don't give them money but do give them a bottle of water each.

Edited by patman30

4 minutes ago, patman30 said:

last 2 years i had to do the extension here
they did not set foot inside my house
only wanted to speak to the witness
had same guys both times
they even asked how the MIL was, as they met her the previous time
5 minutes sat in the garden, quick photo and they are done and gone

i don't give them money but do give them a bottle of water each.

Well that's the way it should be.

Your experience is not universal.

Some have pics taken inside home etc.

I can understand some find this zero of an issue.

Others would not tolerate any visit.

To each their own.

If I was married I would still extend based on retirement. 

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Well that's the way it should be.

Your experience is not universal.

Some have pics taken inside home etc.

I can understand some find this zero of an issue.

Others would not tolerate any visit.

To each their own.

If I was married I would still extend based on retirement. 

i can only comment on my own experience
i do have a large garden though
i understand others may not or may live in a condo, at which obviously they would enter
i used to get the visa from Laos to avoid this and the 400k
and to give me an excuse for a week away every few months
but obviously that has not been possible past 2 years????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, patman30 said:

i can only comment on my own experience
i do have a large garden though
i understand others may not or may live in a condo, at which obviously they would enter
i used to get the visa from Laos to avoid this and the 400k
and to give me an excuse for a week away every few months
but obviously that has not been possible past 2 years????

If I was married then pre covid the ME marriage would be my #1 choice.

Our point of difference would be for me Saigon the go to destination.

Hopefully soon borders open and you and others can go back to that option. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Our point of difference would be for me Saigon the go to destination.

i have got from HCMC once
lovely there, and the roads seem nuts at first
but small little old ladies have an invisible force field around them when they cross the roads????

• Haha 1