Thailand confirms accurate reporting of positive COVID-19 antigen tests

webfact

Government numbers are correct.  However cases reported by individuals are non existent.   So the reported covid numbers mean nothing. As they say in accounting garbage numbers in garbage numbers out.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

UK tests - 505,000,000

Thailand tests - 17,000,000

Fact the UK has tested it's populace about 8 times each, whilst Thailand has failed to test , what 70% of its population altogether should be more than anybody needs to know about what a complete failure these numpties have made of the covid testing

It also has to be stated, that the Population of Thailand are equally responsible for the false recordings.

I personally know of 8 people locally, who have all tested positive, and are not self Isolating

Going out Daily to the Local Market, or on a jolly around the Town Etc .

They will use any place to sit and eat where there are not the Temperature Tests on the Door, to avoid the finger pointing and ridicule of being positive.

It must be said, that if I know these people, then there must be literally Thousands across the Country that are doing exactly the same

Others I know are doing the right thing, and doing it well.

Well done to them, to be Socially aware.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, new2here said:

I think the greater “distortion” isn’t the government or any other data collection/reporting entity itself,  rather perhaps individuals who willingly/willfully fail to report their C19+ status after a self-test…

Exactly this. ????

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Had to read this twice.

So your stating that if you were mildly ill and did a self test that showed a positive result you would report this to the health authorities? 

Ludicrous. 

I think perhaps you’ve misread it or are reading something into my post.

I never said what *I* would do, nor did i explicitly say what my position is on the matter.

i DID say that i can understand why someone might choose not to report … but again, that’s quite different from stating what *I* would do. 

To the larger point, I think that so long as one of the possible outcomes of notifying the government of a C19+ test, is a negative (like forced quarantine etc)

I could see/understand how someone might choose not do so as the negative possible outcome could be certainly be viewed as a disincentive to report.   Again, not a statement of my own personal views or what I would or wouldn’t do of it were such, but a generalization of what i *think* others may be thinking and the thought/decision making process might be 

7 minutes ago, new2here said:

I think perhaps you’ve misread it or are reading something into my post.

I never said what *I* would do, nor did i explicitly say what my position is on the matter.

i DID say that i can understand why someone might choose not to report … but again, that’s quite different from stating what *I* would do. 

To the larger point, I think that so long as one of the possible outcomes of notifying the government of a C19+ test, is a negative (like forced quarantine etc)

I could see/understand how someone might choose not do so as the negative possible outcome could be certainly be viewed as a disincentive to report.   Again, not a statement of my own personal views or what I would or wouldn’t do of it were such, but a generalization of what i *think* others may be thinking and the thought/decision making process might be 

The first post I had to read couple of times.

This one several.

Don't understand it at all.

Actually think I have a headache coming on.

In my very small circle there are several of us that have all had it.

Myself and gf , her family here in Bangkok, her hairdresser etc etc.

How many of them contacted health authorities re positive to rapid test. 

ZERO of course. 

Why would you? 

Edited by DrJack54

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well that said, the UK has managed to lose 165,000 of it's people to Covid, while Thailand claims only 25,000 Covid deaths. 

I don't think there's any way to fudge the death stats. The antivax crew claims dying of anything when Covid+ is recorded as dying of Covid but that would show higher numbers. I hope we've been spared some of the mortality in the first world.

Accurate reporting is an absolute nonsense. Possibly correct on actual reported positive tests by hospitals but what about all the ex-pats, holiday makers and Thai's that found themselves showing positive and either had no idea where to report it, scared of the consequences of reporting it or simply couldn't be arsed and simply self-isolated at home. That doesn't include the  asymptomatic who never even knew they had it.  Defined by the CDC as “when a person is infected with a virus and will never feel any symptoms at all,” asymptomatic has become a catchall phrase for those who feel fine and aren't exhibiting any of the common markers of Covid-19 — lack of taste or smell, dry cough, fever

The true figures are more likely to be double or treble that of reported cases which would explain why over Christmas and new year every other person we know went down with it including myself and 18 staff yet now it seems to have run its course which is of course is a good thing and hopefully that was the beginning of the end. Still cant get to grips with all this temperature test nonsense when all but a very, very small minority even get a fever with Omnicom and they are normally unvaccinated. Probably as much use as wearing a mask in a car or on a motorbike!!

I'm sure there are many that disagree but just travel around Pattaya and see the massive lack of interest in following any of these now well outdated rules by both Farang and Thai's alike and stop reporting on these farcical figures produced by the "experts" too lazy to do their job properly..

8 hours ago, sandyf said:

Better than the UK then with a smaller population, they are talking in millions.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Accurate numbers regardless of public opinion give you a glimpse into what's happening all over the world.

Don't think for one second that anything different is happening in any other country - because it's not.

It's the same virus, if more people die it tends in my opinion to be due to there being more elderly people around.

This is why there's hardly any deaths in some countries in the world, there's not enough elderly (80+) to even notice it. Certain African countries have an everage age of about 18 years old and they've never really had a covid problem - I mean - they all caught it but hardly anyone died = no problem. Of course the over 70's in that country virtually don't exist because they all died years ago in their 50's or 60's.

16 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

500,000 plus or minus with 98 percent completely asymptomatic.

Been an issue [one of many] for some time that most have yet to pick up on - after a couple of years of this nonsense.

13 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I don't think there's any way to fudge the death stats. The antivax crew claims dying of anything when Covid+ is recorded as dying of Covid but that would show higher numbers. I hope we've been spared some of the mortality in the first world.

Excess death numbers in the UK are another metric and seem to suggest some factor (covid) has claimed even larger numbers. Although more recent stats suggest it is now less.... it has been like a thinning out of the herd. 

19 hours ago, Chaichara said:

Bought on LAZADA perhaps?  The advertisers on the LAZ -e-commerce platform include a great many scammers, especially among those that 'ship-from abroad'. Generally, Thai based suppliers are more trustworthy, but 20% of the orders are received broken due to inadequate packing, or even the wrong product.  Getting a refund from LAZ is a minefield of excessively complicated administrative procedure but if you can wade through it, they will collect the return product for free - and then the waiting starts...

No, assumptions and generalizations on your part not knowing us.  She did order and pay for at a Thai pharmacy in Bangkok shipped to her in Issan.  COD because I warned her not to order that cr@p.  It may be soon time to tighten the purse strings.  I do have to say that my wife spends so much more on my needs and wants than she does for herself, so no string pulling right now.  She is afraid like most Thais in the family that's all over the place in Thailand and especially in our peer pressure run village.  Funny but Thai family or friends in Sweden and back in America don't have the same pandemic spread of obsession or extremism as seems to be happening in Thailand.  By here I also mean on the AN forum as well.  So much stress, seriousness, and anger at times.  I rarely go beyond one page anymore nor comment much.

I've had no problems with anything I've ordered from Lazada since I learned to screen shot, hit google translate, and look locally B4 ordering as I can sometimes get a lot here that saves me a shipping fee and/or cheaper basic costs.  As for the one time they swapped a photo on the family options when I clicked for a larger specific photo/more info it wasn't worth my time or hassle to send the wrong one back.  And I had to search in order to find the hidden small print for the Netherlands company name on my saved ATK kit as well.  I've not been sick yet from the beginning except for a slight infection on my tonsils and an ear infection, never a fever.

But we do follow prodicals, especially distance and no crowds even out here in Issan.  I'll soon be having disc surgery so I might just catch the C while layed up in the hospital even if they follow all protocols and vaccines.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sandyf said:

The testing numbers are quite irrelevant in the bigger picture.

What a is a lot more important is what percentage of the Thai population are queuing up for routine hospital procedures, how many are dying from treatment delay and how many excess deaths has there been during the pandemic.

The difference is, while the (official) testing numbers are easily available online, all the other figures are not.

17 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

The real indicator is excess deaths, about the only statistic that is globally the same.

In the first 3 months of the pandemic, excess deaths in Thailand went negative, the lockdown over Songkran resulted in a reduction in road deaths that was greater than all other deaths including covid. 

2 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

The difference is, while the (official) testing numbers are easily available online, all the other figures are not.

I don't need figures to tell me that when I go to the hospital, which I have done more times than I care to remember during the pandemic, that there is hardly anyone there and I get seen at appointment time. Also my niece is a free lance doctor and well aware of the medical situation.

As for excess deaths,  plenty of info online.

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

Yes excess deaths tell the true story. in 2020. excess deaths in Thailand were pretty much normal - the lockdowns may have cut accidental deaths a bit and this covered up the few Covid deaths, but basically in 2020 covid mortality was low in Thailand. 2021 was a different story. excess deaths were positive for 10 out of 12 months, and averaged 12% over the year - that equates to about 66,000 extra deaths in 2021, compared with 25,606 'official' deaths so far since beginning of 2020.......

So of the 66,000 excess deaths, about 40,000 extra people died in 2021 but supposedly didn't die of Covid-19. Hmmm.....