Age Gap Relationships... in the Later Years? (Opinions/Experiences Sought)

8 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Do you even live in Thailand?  Show me just one Thai guy who has a mia noi the same age as him.

We are talking about two people in a relationship .

"Mia Nois are affairs, bits in the side, cheating or whatever you call them 

We are talking about Males being married to Females and the age differences , external bits on the side and cheating are a different subject 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Who said retired?  How would someone twenty years older than a twenty year old be retired?  I guess he could be if he was super successful, but that would be a plus, I would imagine.  ????

Isn't this thread about Western guys who retire to live in Thailand and get a younger Woman ?

Or is this thread about 40 year old ex-pats who get a job in Thailand and move to Thailand for work reasons ?

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Isn't this thread about Western guys who retire to live in Thailand and get a younger Woman ?

Or is this thread about 40 year old ex-pats who get a job in Thailand and move to Thailand for work reasons ?

It is what it is, I guess.  I didn't really specify.  (Although my rundown did start with 20-40.)  I just wanted to get some answers re. age-gaps.  I thought around 20ish years was a common one.  I didn't think it mattered if it was retired with an age-gap or working in Thailand and an age-gap.

Does it?  What is the difference if the age-gap is 20ish years?

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Thai men have relationships with their mia nois.  I don't know why you can't understand that.

I do understand that , but we are talking about the main female in the relationship, the Wife/GF/Partner , we arent talking about bits on the side/Mia Nois

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems for at least some of them it is more important to be seen with younger women and maybe they hope that other people think they can still perform. Do they? Maybe, and likely we will never know.

no, it's all secret, he is just happy to have it hard for her

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

We are talking about two people in a relationship .

"Mia Nois are affairs, bits in the side, cheating or whatever you call them 

We are talking about Males being married to Females and the age differences , external bits on the side and cheating are a different subject 

mia nois are real relationships, in a polygamic sense

• Like 1

I think the real issue is, can a relationship with a significant age difference even sustain itself, as it is an eventuality that the vagaries of age will certainly manifest in one form or another, be it dementia, heart disease, stroke, etc.

Would a Thai spouse wish to take that on, could they even do it ?

I suppose if the revenue stream is ample enough, maybe they'll farm you off to another family member to care for you, or maybe you'll find yourself alone and discarded.

Not an enviable position to be in at that age.

Edited by cobra
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

17 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I'm sorry, but are we talking love or sex?

Either.

17 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Regardless of where folks come from there is not a 20 something woman who finds a 50/60ish guy attractive in any sexual way.

"Let's say there's a 20 year age-gap."

Edited by BangkokReady

20 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Either.

"Let's say there's a 20 year age-gap."

Well pulling numbers outta my ass, I say a mid 40's woman early 60's guy is doable. Much out of that range and I think, take your honey home and you are in serious mail order bride territory

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

The gaps you see with thais is usually due to them being giks or mia nois.

In Thailand, no point getting someone the same age, need someone a lot younger to take care when you need it, but if you don't get a good one they'll go off with someone younger

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There are two different Worlds in Thailand .

One World is Thai people living among Thais 

And the other World is Felangs living in tourist areas .

Its quite common for felangs to buy/pay for younger ladies .

But for Thais living among Thais , its not common at all for a big difference in age group relationships .

Why would a young Thai woman want to be in a relationship with an older Thai man ,  unless he was paying for her 

Really?

Is Aranyaprathet a farang tourist area? I knew a businessman and coffee-shop owner who lived there and who had several wives and girlfriends under 18. And that went on for many years. And it seems everybody though it was completely normal.

Otherwise I am not much up country and don't know much about how they live.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Is this a hypothetical question ?

Do Thai University educated 20 year old girls get married to retired Western guys ?

Maybe you should check how many entertainment girls study in universities. Many. And some of them continue to work in the bars after they graduate and after they are able to get a "proper" job.

• Like 2

Guest truthman
8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Among the Thai population, 20-30 year age differences are also uncommon , Thais generally partner up with people of a similar age .

Its mainly Western/Thai partnerships where theres a big age difference .

But it is common for Thai men to have a much younger mistress

I'm 58 , the wife 44 - good age gap for me.

BUT the wife has two previous daughters now, 16 and 18, she has already said she will tell them to marry a farang 40 up when they graduate ! Though I kind of get this Asian idea of marrying an established person now.

• Like 2