Age Gap Relationships... in the Later Years? (Opinions/Experiences Sought)

3 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

27-56, now 40-69 and still going after two girls 7 and 11...

I am not rich, with a pension of 270k a month and some savings.

Boomboom is down now to 2 or 3 a weeks, while that was the daily ration  when we were at the 27-57 stage.

But I tink OP tink too mut; just do it.

Thats not quite clear, do you have sex  two or three times a week , or every two or three weeks ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

That's because with the level of sex education Thai women get here, they don't understand menopause is a natural event. I spent quite some time explaining the changes she was going through to my GF.

I prefer older women, as long as they stay in shape. Can't remember the last time I used a condom.

With the younger ones, only Buddha knows what they were doing the night before.

That is one of the benefits of having an older girlfriend, you dont have to use a condom when you have sex with her. 

Even women in Thailand would prefer as everywhere else, a man of similar age to herself Thai or farang. About the age gap between Thai women and farangs, one has to think about the problems that brings, those in addition to language and cultural differences.

Gaps of 20 years or more are greater of problem the younger the girl is. So if she is 18 and her farang partner is close to 40 or greater this is more of a difficulty than say a women of 30 with a man of 50. When the man is 65 and the woman 40 the gap is less significant as it relates to their potential compatibility. I am not going to spell out here what all the ramifications are – I hope you can appreciate them for yourself.

18 to 22 year olds everywhere are mature of body but not of life and worldly experiences, particularly with much older partners. This is particularly true of Thai girls who in many cases are still living at home with their parents. 

Edited by ChrisKC
added word
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

That's because with the level of sex education Thai women get here, they don't understand menopause is a natural event. I spent quite some time explaining the changes she was going through to my GF.

I prefer older women, as long as they stay in shape. Can't remember the last time I used a condom.

With the younger ones, only Buddha knows what they were doing the night before.

Well I kinda agree with that.

Mrs G is of that age, and yes we go through the ups and downs of hormonal changes.

But she had the luck to be brought up through her teenage years in the US, where sex ed does address the whole sticky issue of menopause.

It was a while back i was listening to a conversation she was having with a cousin, who was having the usual stuff, hot flashes, mood swings, loss of sexual desire, etc etc.

Mrs G was trying to explain to her how natural this was, yet her cousin's total ignorance was astounding.

I think at least, in the West women talk to each other about this, but not so sure the same is true in Thailand

1 minute ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well I kinda agree with that.

Mrs G is of that age, and yes we go through the ups and downs of hormonal changes.

But she had the luck to be brought up through her teenage years in the US, where sex ed does address the whole sticky issue of menopause.

It was a while back i was listening to a conversation she was having with a cousin, who was having the usual stuff, hot flashes, mood swings, loss of sexual desire, etc etc.

Mrs G was trying to explain to her how natural this was, yet her cousin's total ignorance was astounding.

I think at least, in the West women talk to each other about this, but not so sure the same is true in Thailand

I would say the majority of Thai women are also unaware sex after menopause exists. IMO most think once they hit 50 sex is finished.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I remember a guy wrote (I think in this forum) about an office girl he was attracted to and it seems she was attracted to him. Later, when they were already a couple, he asked her why she chose him. And she said something like: "You always looked clean. I liked that." 

That was obviously not what he expected. And how many of us would even think that could be a remote possibility? I guess very few of us would think about that.

Especially those felang guys in bars who get a haircut twice per year , shave once a week and wear the same clothes for a whole week after taking their weekly shower and don't wear deodorants 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I would say the majority of Thai women are also unaware sex after menopause exists. IMO most think once they hit 50 sex is finished.

What is that based on ?

Is it an opinion based on "my neighbour wife is over 50 and I don't hear them having sex much these days, so that means all Thai woman over 50 don't have sex " ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What is that based on ?

Is it an opinion based on "my neighbour wife is over 50 and I don't hear them having sex much these days, so that means all Thai woman over 50 don't have sex " ?

the jungle drums are never wrong

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You might be right, and as I think about it might contribute to the Mia Noi culture

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For me it seems the big question is how old was the girl when they started the relationship. The most extreme I know is a guy who started a relationship with an 18 year old girl when he was already over 70.

Yes, I've also many times heard the story of 70 years old farang-men with an 18-year-and-ond-day girlfriend - I also know one over 70 that married to an 18-year old. I really looked forward myself to turning that sharp 70-year corner and be eligible to join that club, but then Covid arrived and everything closed...????

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My advice to any guy who likes it is that he should look for a 20 year old girl - not 20 years difference. The important part is the age, not the difference...

Yes, the age-gap is not so important, it's more important that you can live together and be happy. But even that you meet an 18-20 year young lady and might be able to "form her", she might still change and mature over the next 20 years,. The important parts is that you both still are happy, also if the age difference is more than OP's suggested 20 year age-gap...????

However, if you still expect to be with an 18-20 year old partner, and not one that is 40-year or older, then the story might be different – i.e. like the 70-years old man's dream...????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

At least 30 year age lower is my guideline.

So many males here will justify their old wives closer to their age; while they look, desire and envy the guys with the much younger women.

Is that just your imagination , or do guys with wifes the same ago as themselves, come and tell you that they wished they had a younger GF like you do ?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What is that based on ?

In my case, it comes from talking to caddies and massage ladies.

The consensus seems to be they can't compete with the 20 and 30 yo women, so why bother.

It seems to be a culture thing, I have had quite beautiful women caddy for me who don't think they are beautiful, and too old.

Of course, they could just be telling me what they think I want to hear, but I don't think so.

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Is that just your imagination , or do guys with wifes the same ago as themselves, come and tell you that they wished they had a younger GF like you do ?

Are you seriously suggesting that if a 65 year old guy, with a 65 year old Western wife*, meets a friend of the same age and he brings along his 30 year old Thai girlfriend, the guy with the White old lady is not going to be quite a bit jealous? Especially as both guys probably still pay for everything.

(*I'm sure we can all at least admit that this woman is likely to be physically extremely unattractive.)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm not going to tell my wife. ????

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

In my case, it comes from talking to caddies and massage ladies.

The consensus seems to be they can't compete with the 20 and 30 yo women, so why bother.

It seems to be a culture thing, I have had quite beautiful women caddy for me who don't think they are beautiful, and too old.

Of course, they could just be telling me what they think I want to hear, but I don't think so.

Oh I see, you are talking about paid for sex and post menopause females stop selling sex because theres not much demand for their services .

I can understand that , but those post menopausal Woman would still  be having sex on a non paid for basis . 

Post menopausal woman may give up prostitution , but that doesnt mean they stop having sex 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Oh I see, you are talking about paid for sex and post menopause females stop selling sex because theres not much demand for their services .

I can understand that , but those post menopausal Woman would still  be having sex on a non paid for basis . 

Post menopausal woman may give up prostitution , but that doesnt mean they stop having sex 

It's a pretty broad generalisation to assume all caddies and massage ladies are selling sex until they get too old.

• Like 1

Passed my Diamond Jubilee a couple of months ago. Da is 26 years my junior. Works for us. When I was reading about Thai culture over a decade ago when considering retiring here I read … Age, in Asia in general, is more respected here. A steady, secure income is respected here. What you did for a living counts toward the respect pecking order. In the Lanna North but in Thai culture in general, lighter skin is taken as not being subject to working in the fields day in, day out and thus is more respected. So … my retiring hare … what was not speaking well of me living in Thailand?!

18 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm curious what you consider to be "buying".  Suppose a twenty something university educated girl is willing to marry a man twenty years older than her, so not a bar-girl, massive dowry, fee paid to the parents every month, type of deal.  Perhaps she wants a boost in social status, a half-White baby, a husband with a higher paying job, perhaps she has heard that foreign guys are more supportive, like brown or fat girls ("ugly"), less likely to cheat, etc..  Is that still "buying a girl"?

I realise we're a little off topic, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Dont know how much you know about Thailand or their family structure but the girl you described, young, childless, well educated being with a farang is 1 million per cent definitely not a boost in social status. Quite the frickin opposite in fact. You are aware their are plenty of young, attractive, wealthy Thai men that wpild actually understand her culture, status and even be able to hold a proper conversation with her in her mother tongue.

Jesus

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

It's a pretty broad generalisation to assume all caddies and massage ladies are selling sex until they get too old.

I never suggested or stated that all caddies and massage girls were selling sex at all , whether they be old or young 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Yes, I've also many times heard the story of 70 years old farang-men with an 18-year-and-ond-day girlfriend - I also know one over 70 that married to an 18-year old. I really looked forward myself to turning that sharp 70-year corner and be eligible to join that club, but then Covid arrived and everything closed...????

Yes, the age-gap is not so important, it's more important that you can live together and be happy. But even that you meet an 18-20 year young lady and might be able to "form her", she might still change and mature over the next 20 years,. The important parts is that you both still are happy, also if the age difference is more than OP's suggested 20 year age-gap...????

However, if you still expect to be with an 18-20 year old partner, and not one that is 40-year or older, then the story might be different – i.e. like the 70-years old man's dream...????

The whole problem i seem to find with this thread is old men talking about an age that is nearly gone in Thailand except for the most desperate. Anyone that has been here long enough knows that the industry is changing "long times" are not a preferred option, girls have far more options and choices and the sheer arrogance of thinking that most 50-60-70 year olds are gonna roll in here and find a life partner who is 20-30- however many decades their junior is riduculous to me. 

Just have fun and remember youll never lose your girl only your turn.

Edited by starky
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, starky said:

You are aware their are plenty of young, attractive, wealthy Thai men that wpild actually understand her culture, status and even be able to hold a proper conversation with her in her mother tongue.

Jesus

You seriously think most Thai girls can Hope to secure a young, attractive, wealthy Thai man? Have you ever even been to Thailand? Young, attractive, wealthy Thai men literally have their pick of the women and are likely to be unfaithful.

Jesus

And the culture and language thing is not as much of a challenge as you think. This might be a shock to you, but foreign people are allowed to learn Thai culture and the language and many Thai people even learn English now.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

You seriously think most Thai girls can Hope to secure a young, attractive, wealthy Thai man? Have you ever even been to Thailand? Young, attractive, wealthy Thai men literally have their pick of the women and are likely to be unfaithful.

Jesus

And the culture and language thing is not as much of a challenge as you think. Thus might be a shock to you, but foreign people are allowed to learn Thai culture and the language.

You are talking about young university educated single right? I stand by my statement and learning about culture is quite different than being born in it. Dream on champ ...your delusional. You think a university aged Thai woman will be happier with a farang 20 years plus her senior than with a Thai....?

Edited by starky
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Jesus

And the culture and language thing is not as much of a challenge as you think. Thus might be a shock to you, but foreign people are allowed to learn Thai culture and the language.

We are talking about university educated Thai ladies and yes, those girls can find a Thai guy  of equal status . 

Also, just because a man has the opportunity to cheat on his partner , that doesnt mean that he will do so . 

Every man has the opportunity to cheat on his partner , some choose to cheat, some choose not to cheat .

Maybe you think that Thailand is still like it was 20-30-40 years ago when nearly all Thai girls wanted to marry a rich foreigner ?

Those days have long gone 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, starky said:

You are talking about young university educated single right? I stand by my statement and learning about culture is quite different than being born in it. Dream on champ ...

I'm not sure what's triggering you. If they want it, they want it. 

My question was whether it's seen a "buying the girl" if the circumstances are as I described. I wasn't asking if that type of girl wants to be with an older foreign guy. That was never in question.

So, while I appreciate your thoughts, your negative attitude is largely wasted on this discussion.

• Like 1