Bar owners are finding it hard to recruit Thai girls

webfact

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

My Mrs is about the same height & only about 4 kgs heavier than that, she is however 45 years of age, and there are plenty of girls about the same weight/height so not quite sure what point you are trying to make.

Some guys are attracted to females who are the same size and body weight as 12 year old girls and also whom dress like 12 year old girls . 

Guys actively seeks girls like that out to have sex with 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Some guys are attracted to females who are the same size and body weight as 12 year old girls and also whom dress like 12 year old girls . 

Guys actively seeks girls like that out to have sex with 

Fortunately my mrs dresses like an adult & acts like one, her mum & dad are are very short as well, I love it when we go to see them, they all get a crick on the neck looking at me lol 

On 4/7/2022 at 4:11 AM, gargamon said:

The game has changed. Those still in the game, if they have any brains at all, are offering their wares on Thai Friendly or elsewhere. Why go through the bar nonsense, rowdy drunks, etc. when they can get a few customers a day on the internet?

How do you know so much about it?

On 4/7/2022 at 4:09 AM, oxo1947 said:

They can do both, and many I know are.

When they discover one is more lucrative than the other, and they are their own boss, with more chance of getting a farang on the hook, how long before they give up the bar, and work online, full time, across different time zones, AND then, as you say, start telling their friends that working online is the future, not bars.   

Just now, Leaver said:

When they discover one is more lucrative than the other, and they are their own boss, with more chance of getting a farang on the hook, how long before they give up the bar, and work online, full time, across different time zones, AND then, as you say, start telling their friends that working online is the future, not bars.   

It it is safety issue also, and I believe many girls feel more safe working in a bar, than being a feelance, and also having other girls around them in same work situation. Sharing experiences and also the social aspect of it. 

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Neither is Dmitri from Russia, or Wang from China. 

Men are all the same. Under certain circumstances - all of them will gladly build that Isaan glass Palace. 

Edited by Hellfire

16 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It it is safety issue also, and I believe many girls feel more safe working in a bar, than being a feelance, and also having other girls around them in same work situation. Sharing experiences and also the social aspect of it. 

What safety is there in a bar? 

A guy walks in and says "I am bar fining you."  The girl can refuse, but she now comes under notice of the mamasan and the owner, for costing the bar a bar fine.  The girl can get away with that for only so long, before she has to go with the next bar fining customer, regardless of who he is, and his behaviour.

The girl working online swaps some photos, has some message chat, then a video call, and then meets in a bar anyway.  Completely up to her, no pressure from management, or owner. If she doesn't like the online customer, she just blocks him, and moves on to the next potential customer.  A bar girl can't do that. 

The bar is safer for the customer, not the bar girl. 

Edited by Leaver

19 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Men are all the same. Under certain circumstances - all of them will gladly build that Isaan glass Palace. 

How many Russian owned bars and Chinese owned restaurants are in Issan? 

Edited by Leaver

29 minutes ago, Leaver said:

A guy walks in and says "I am bar fining you."  The girl can refuse, but she now comes under notice of the mamasan and the owner, for costing the bar a bar fine.  The girl can get away with that for only so long, before she has to go with the next bar fining customer, regardless of who he is, and his behaviour.

The girl working online swaps some photos, has some message chat, then a video call, and then meets in a bar anyway.  Completely up to her, no pressure from management, or owner. If she doesn't like the online customer, she just blocks him, and moves on to the next potential customer.  A bar girl can't do that. 

I would say it depends on the bar, and also the girl. It is not black and white.

As someone have pointed out before, there is very few bars who have mamasan controlling the girs. The bars who want girls, need to create a good and reliable working conditions for the girls, if not they are out the door first payday.

However I was recently aware of some workplaces where they keep a deposit, and will only get it back if they tell 1-2 month before they want to quit depending on the agreement they made.

41 minutes ago, Leaver said:

On the other hand, in the bar there are witnesses, other customers, other bar girls, bar manager etc. Possibly CCTV. So if a bloke is a woman beater (or worse) he's probably going to opt for online hook ups. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

On the other hand, in the bar there are witnesses, other customers, other bar girls, bar manager etc. Possibly CCTV. So if a bloke is a woman beater (or worse) he's probably going to opt for online hook ups. 

Huh?

Where do you think the online girls meet their customers?  It's in a bar.  Done it many times, pre covid, and during covid, and in the present.  Short and long time.   

Sure, the customer can request the girl to come straight to their room, but that's usually in a hotel, the same hotel a girl who has a bar fine paid for her would go back to.  All these hotels have CCTV.

You, and others, make online hook ups look like they are some underground thing, when in fact, they are now like the Uber and AirBnB of the sex trade here, not to mention Tinder. 

28 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I would say it depends on the bar, and also the girl. It is not black and white.

The bar has rent to pay and salaries to pay, as well as other expenses.  That makes it pretty much black and white for the bar. 

30 minutes ago, Hummin said:

As someone have pointed out before, there is very few bars who have mamasan controlling the girs.

Really?    ????

30 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The bars who want girls, need to create a good and reliable working conditions for the girls, if not they are out the door first payday.

The bars want girls that will bring customers in, and the girls want bars that will bring customers in. 

If neither the bar owner, or the bar girl, are doing their job, both will part ways. 

33 minutes ago, Hummin said:

However I was recently aware of some workplaces where they keep a deposit, and will only get it back if they tell 1-2 month before they want to quit depending on the agreement they made.

The bar has to keep the new farang fool boyfriend on the hook.  Nothing new. 

8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I'd much rather meet a girl in a bar while out drinking and having a great night, than sitting on my hotel bed swiping left and right on my phone. 

I think there are enough blokes like me and enough girls to restart the bar scene in LOS, once the anti-tourist measures are lifted. 

Unless you swipe left and swipe right in your hotel, and then arrange to meet her in a bar, minus lady drinks and bar fines. 

Of course, you are welcome to pay these, as a donation.  ????

19 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Huh?

Where do you think the online girls meet their customers?  It's in a bar.  Done it many times, pre covid, and during covid, and in the present.  Short and long time.   

Sure, the customer can request the girl to come straight to their room, but that's usually in a hotel, the same hotel a girl who has a bar fine paid for her would go back to.  All these hotels have CCTV.

You, and others, make online hook ups look like they are some underground thing, when in fact, they are now like the Uber and AirBnB of the sex trade here, not to mention Tinder. 

The point is that if a bar girl goes missing people will know about it, and will know where she was last seen. I'm just saying this is one safety aspect you might not have considered. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Unless you swipe left and swipe right in your hotel, and then arrange to meet her in a bar, minus lady drinks and bar fines. 

Of course, you are welcome to pay these, as a donation.  ????

As others have said, I prefer the 'pulling experience'. And I'm sure plenty of others do. 

Arrange to meet someone you've never seen in real life and then not fancy them. Waste of time and much less exciting IMO. Each to their own though! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The point is that if a bar girl goes missing people will know about it, and will know where she was last seen. I'm just saying this is one safety aspect you might not have considered. 

I really don't see the difference in safety between working in a bar, or working online. 

Bars on Soi 6, or a soapy, ok, some screaming from the room might attract attention and some intervention from security, but leaving a bar with a bar fine is the same as meeting a guy online in a bar or nightclub anyway. 

What's the difference between a guy and a Thai hooker entering his hotel together, and the girl entering the hotel alone, and is met downstairs by the guy so reception will let the girl into the hotel?  

You may argue the bar fine guy is on CCTV in the bar, so if the girl goes missing there is a face to publish in the media, but that guy could simply say to police, "We went down to the beach where some services were preformed, because I have a beach fetish, I paid, and we parted ways."  Police will search his room, and check hotel CCTV, and if nothing found, what safety did working in the bar provide in this case?  

Other than the girl not showing up for work at 6pm the next day, what safety does working in a bar provide over working online?

The girls working online share 4000 baht a month rooms like the girls working in bars do, and they are always messaging each other.  One of her friends she shares with can raise the alarm, in the same way the bar can when a bar girl doesn't show up for work.

I really don't see your argument.    

14 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

As others have said, I prefer the 'pulling experience'. And I'm sure plenty of others do. 

Arrange to meet someone you've never seen in real life and then not fancy them. Waste of time and much less exciting IMO. Each to their own though! 

How does a dead certainty offer a "pulling experience?"  ????

Did you consider the "pulling experience" may start a month before the guy meeting girls online even gets to Pattaya?  You can't do that with bar girls.  You have to be in Pattaya, in the bar, and buying them drinks.  

There are advantages and disadvantages to meeting the girls by either method, but in my opinion, I can see meeting online gaining in popularity to the point it effects the traditional business model of the bars.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Would the guy beat the bar girl in the bar?  Have you ever seen this happen?  

What safety does the bar offer the girl, once she leaves the bar with a guy who has paid her bar fine?  Simple question.  

46 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How does a dead certainty offer a "pulling experience?"  ????

Did you consider the "pulling experience" may start a month before the guy meeting girls online even gets to Pattaya?  You can't do that with bar girls.  You have to be in Pattaya, in the bar, and buying them drinks.  

There are advantages and disadvantages to meeting the girls by either method, but in my opinion, I can see meeting online gaining in popularity to the point it effects the traditional business model of the bars.  

As I said, each to their own. And we'll see what happens if/when tourism recovers. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hummin said:

Safety issue LOL, it has more to do with the fact that the average thai can't even fill in an address when ordering from a webshop, they usually use Facebook sign up instead. Also the market online isn't that easy as people pretend it to be. A lot has to do with IQ, lack of knowledge with tech, unwilling to invest in a good laptop and a apartment, wanting money on demand, not understand you gotta work first etc.

It would be easy for either a very pretty girl, someone backed by marketing or someone who is good in english and pro-active, even then it still not a guarantee to also be a significant earner but certainly very doable to rake in 30K baht a month with minimum efforts. 

Edited by ChaiyaTH

45 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Would the guy beat the bar girl in the bar?  Have you ever seen this happen?  

What safety does the bar offer the girl, once she leaves the bar with a guy who has paid her bar fine?  Simple question.  

You misunderstood.

If we take an extreme example. Unhinged bloke wants to meet a girl and do bad things to her. Does he arrange a secret rendezvous via an online app, or walk into the bar where she works and be seen by all her friends / co-workers and regular customers?

Also if a bloke does start getting nasty with a girl in her bar (and I've seen that happen a few times), she'll have plenty of back up. 

I agree there is no protection for her once she's been bar fined. 

• Like 1

All this talk of the girl's safety - can anyone point me to a (recent) report of a punter hurting either a bargirl or freelancer? If anything, it is the customer that is in the potentially dangerous situation - I can remember reading on here of guys being drugged and robbed.

7 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

All this talk of the girl's safety - can anyone point me to a (recent) report of a punter hurting either a bargirl or freelancer? If anything, it is the customer that is in the potentially dangerous situation - I can remember reading on here of guys being drugged and robbed.

A couple of years ago, a fella from NI killed a girl he picked up from Tree Town, out of his nut on something.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

As I said, each to their own. And we'll see what happens if/when tourism recovers. 

Sure, but it was happening pre covid.  

I suppose if the pretty girls move to freelancing online, leaving only the B Team in the bars, then over a period of time, punters will move online.