Seahorse Ferry

pontious

1 hour ago, HammerMan said:

We canceled the service to Songkhla basically because of zero support/endless frustrations from the local administration, lack of a fixed berth and the inability of anyone to clear the fishing nets.. it was sad because passenger numbers had reached almost 300. High fuel costs became the final straw. Currently the vessel is being prepared for going to Samui and the delay is dredging a channel at the jetty in Samui which will be completed in June. The ferry will operate more as a themed "party" cruise than a ferry, but we are adding more sleeping areas and additional entertainment areas. Expect to relaunch in July.

Thank you for responding. I think it would be courteous to say in English and Thai on your facebook page it is cancelled. I cannot see how it will make a living as a 'themed ferry' which I expect is sailing nowhere in particular but a party on board.  But I know nothing of ferries so wish you well in the next effort. For people like me it is back to 2 hotel stops and a 13 hour drive to visit home.  I treat it as a  holiday so not too bad. And not being sarcastic but a lot cheaper.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, HammerMan said:

We canceled the service to Songkhla basically because of zero support/endless frustrations from the local administration, lack of a fixed berth and the inability of anyone to clear the fishing nets.. it was sad because passenger numbers had reached almost 300. High fuel costs became the final straw. Currently the vessel is being prepared for going to Samui and the delay is dredging a channel at the jetty in Samui which will be completed in June. The ferry will operate more as a themed "party" cruise than a ferry, but we are adding more sleeping areas and additional entertainment areas. Expect to relaunch in July.

Thanks @HammerMan I would expect you'll get more future passenger traffic to Samui. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Thanks @HammerMan I would expect you'll get more future passenger traffic to Samui. 

It is not going to be a ferry to Samui -it will operate from there. It will not travel anywhere. It will be a themed party ship from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HammerMan said:

Actually it will operate between Sattahip and Samui, so technically a Ferry Service, but with a difference.

Well I will give up posting on this thread until something actually  happens.

• Thanks 1

Never flew to Samui because of the Bangkok Airways monopoly. Flight to the nearest airport and take bus plus ferry takes relatively long time and it's annoying.

I hope there are sensible departure times for the ferry Sattahip-Samui (like leave at evening, arrive next morning) and a attractive price, I would try it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackshadow said:

so what about the pattaya to hua hin ferry......is it in operation now ????

just asking ........

NO ... they threw in the towel long time ago.  It didn't operate much, when it did operate ... ????

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 7:49 AM, HammerMan said:

Seems like you are swapping fishing net issues for liquor licensing issues.

I would have thought high fuel costs may have worked in your favor, attracting a lot more passengers. 

On 4/12/2022 at 10:29 AM, HammerMan said:

it's a risk obviously and its targeting a specific market.

What market is that?

but alternative is simply to give up.

Or, find a country friendly to foreign investment and progress.  Thailand is not such a country.

Obviously the "Haters" will have their fill with this, but we still believe in the overall concept of the project, as do our partners, and we have other ideas developing which we will add in due course. 

Ship is good, concept is good, partners are good - choice of country is wrong, as you have found out, yet you persist, which is admirable, but flogging a dead horse, and by me saying that, that doesn't mean I am a "hater." 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, HammerMan said:

The Blue Dolphin has almost completed its renovations and should start its new service to Samui early September.. The booking/accommodation and onboard services were outsourced to a professional hotel and tourism company, so the vessel has 5 star restaurant, Sky Deck dinning and entertainment, nightclub, massage/spa treatment, additional seating, upgraded rooms (altho somewhat expensive), Karaoke, VIP areas and a coffee shop etc.. Vessel will sail late afternoon and arrive Samui early the next morning.. initially 2 sailings each way per week and will build from there. Songkhla maybe reinstated but as only one sailing per week. Your welcome to visit the vessel for more info.

Why do you think this project will succeed, where the other one failed? 

The majority owner of Bangkok Airways is a Thai billionaire.  I would be surprised if he does not use his considerable influence to hinder the progress of the project and / or make arrangements in which your company, indirectly, pays him anyway, most probably, on an ongoing basis.

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1