Seahorse Ferry

pontious

6 minutes ago, Olmate said:

No knockers on  AN here.yet, must be ok.by.them  too😭😭

They are probably still sleeping off their hangovers!  Give them time!

PS;  It does look impressive!

I saw the video a few days ago. Looks good 1500 thb for one reclining chair. The cabins are a bit pricey as is car transport at 2250 for 1 vehicle/ one way.  22 hr trip.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I saw the video a few days ago. Looks good 1500 thb for one reclining chair. The cabins are a bit pricey as is car transport at 2250 for 1 vehicle/ one way.  22 hr trip.

2250 is not a bad price for a car...I bet only a little more than to drive there..

On 3/3/2024 at 7:58 PM, MarcelV said:

Is it easier to depart/arrive from BKK than Sattahip?

Indeed, Sattahip was always going to be a challenge for passengers, a reliable service would have been much more attractive for freight.

On 9/13/2023 at 1:58 PM, Espanol said:

I knew the last attempt.
It was more comfortable, beautiful and faster than going on the bus, but the price was much higher.
I guess that's what made it unsuccessful.

I think the pier being some way out of HH didn't help matters.

We took a friend of ours who was staying in Pattaya over to HH and he planned to take the ferry back rather trying to get bus or taxi from Chonburi. Had to ask several people to try and find out where the pier was, can see many just not bothering.

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

2250 is not a bad price for a car...I bet only a little more than to drive there..

That is for the car only....passengers +1550 baht each.

• Like 1

Aside from any hassles about the piers, from my reading, the amount of cancelled ferries and their no refund policy was a huge factor in discouraging people from booking & using.   A voucher to use later doesn't really help most people, as plans already ruined, and may not be able to use later.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

As far as vehicle transport I think it's quite a bit too much. Plus an entire day lost due to travel. I'd very much like to try the ferry but when others come into the picture planning a happy trip gets harder.

All these ferry routes are dead in the water. Captain Steve has recently retired, so no chance of any restart in the near future.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MarcelV said:

All these ferry routes are dead in the water. Captain Steve has recently retired, so no chance of any restart in the near future.

Capt Steve? Unique in some special way, ferry steerers are everywhere, I personally know half a dozen here, all oz quals.

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Aside from any hassles about the piers, from my reading, the amount of cancelled ferries and their no refund policy was a huge factor in discouraging people from booking & using.   A voucher to use later doesn't really help most people, as plans already ruined, and may not be able to use later.

Ignore this, if you don't already ignore everything I post ... :cheesy:

... was thinking of the patts / HH ferry 🙄

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Capt Steve? Unique in some special way, ferry steerers are everywhere, I personally know half a dozen here, all oz quals.

Capt. Steven Ponter, aka HammerMan.

Not just any old geezer.

1 hour ago, MarcelV said:

Capt. Steven Ponter, aka HammerMan.

Not just any old geezer.

Wow, like the guy and always supported him on this, despite the "tall poppy syndrome" rampant on this and any similar topix, eg ferang 'have a go ya mug'.  Not so supportive of name dropping tho!  Cheers marcey, 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Ignore this, if you don't already ignore everything I post ... :cheesy:

... was thinking of the patts / HH ferry 🙄

Talking to yourself again maybe, or.... 

Posted (edited)

So Seahorse ferry now the Blue Dolphin operated by Seahorse Ferry? Good to see if it is still operating but their advertising still sucks as can't find any definitive info on Google (or any latest fares)

Edited by Pattaya57

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

So Seahorse ferry now the Blue Dolphin operated by Seahorse Ferry? Good to see if it is still operating but their advertising still sucks as can't find any definitive info on Google (or any latest fares)

Search on Facebook. The Seahorse Ferry Official

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Here,s a paper bag, see if you can find your way out! 

Screenshot_20240512_194333.jpg

Edited by Olmate
Add