Strange price increase for shipping at Lazada when I log on.....Is this a farang tax?

redwood1

Look at this Dog House here

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/well-ware-ag616-light-blue-i366889-s389012.html?search=1

The price for shipping says 64 baht when I am logged out, but when I log in the shipping charge increases to 120 baht...

Look at this blender

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sliver-crest-11-2l-4500w-blender-i2872197788-s10485471229.html?search=1

When I am logged out the shipping says 44 baht  but when I log in the shipping says 90 baht....

I always try and get the rock bottom prices on things so this change in shipping price bothers me.....This is the first time I ever noticed this happening.....Very Strange.....

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Thats because shipping is based on LOCATION further to go = higher price.

When your looged in it knows your location.

Yea maybe but I am in Pattaya not out in the boondocks.....

• Haha 2

I guess you guys are right about shipping distance....But I have also noticed different sellers of the same product charge different shipping costs and Shopee most of the time has lower shipping cost than Lazada....

Boy I wish they had Prime shipping like Amazon, where for a fee you get free shipping for 1 year.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steve187 said:

some people are satisfied with 7/11 for all there needs, others need to repair/replace things and the way things are,  lazada/shopee are the cheaper option than 7/11

You forgot one.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

15 minutes ago, steve187 said:

some people are satisfied with 7/11 for all there needs, others need to repair/replace things and the way things are,  lazada/shopee are the cheaper option than 7/11

Your post doesn't make sense. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Same thing happened to me.  For the longest time,  the shipping price would not change between browsing price and logged in price.  After I had purchased probably 10 or 15 items over about 6 months,  then it changed.  It would go from 30 to 44 or something like that each time.  It wasn't the distance as they knew where i was from the start.  I have no doubt they saw that I do purchase from Lazada regularly so they upped the shipping as they figure it won't change my decision.  Just another way to add profit. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, CharlieH said:

you can easily and quickly verify that by changing address! (quicker than posting online!) put in "ship to" bangkok 10110 and its 64baht  and then ship to pattaya (20150) 120 baht  the "we hate farang" mystery solved!  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Exactly. When I am logged out the default shipping address is Bangkok.

If shipping was free as in 100% free.....I bet Lazadas sales would go crazy....

When you order cheap things, those 35 - 42 - 44 - 64  baht shipping charges start adding up fast......

Edited by redwood1

9 hours ago, bojo said:

Try clearing your history/cookies....................................

Won't help, they don't get your location from cookies, they don't need to, you told them your exact address when you set up the account.

5 hours ago, alex8912 said:

The best way to save a ton of money is to not be addicted to shopping.

Well, what would I do with the money?

And I love a good raclette, so I need this. 

Only Lazada can..598402137_ScreenShot2022-04-19at12_04_38.png.e84732d933a77f7d35c2b9d84f142302.png

Edited by Boomer6969