Electric Vehicles in Thailand

11 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Saw this last Sunday at Central Plaza in Korat.
At about 500k and 8 years warranty on the battery it's sure worth the change.
But would like to read first the "fine print" about the 8 years warranty on the batteries ...

Did you sit inside? They are surprising roomy inside due to having wheels at each corner and a tiny electric powertrain. I thought the fit and finish was excellent considering the price.

IMG_1674.thumb.jpeg.12dc94fe2c6e97876d6e0983f21ac36f.jpeg

20230824_040245072_iOS.thumb.jpg.cfce58e1eb0595b73234ff2c82882ead.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Saw this last Sunday at Central Plaza in Korat.
At about 500k and 8 years warranty on the battery it's sure worth the change.
But would like to read first the "fine print" about the 8 years warranty on the batteries ...

IMG_20230903_0001.jpg

IMG_20230903_0002.jpg

IMG_20230903_0003.jpg

The NETA seems more like a "real" car at about the same price. 

https://www.neta.co.th/en/product/NetaV

Screenshot_2023-09-05-10-32-40-052_com.android.chrome.jpg.67250e037af804c4b32f5c426b40bf07.jpg

30 minutes ago, br12stol said:

Porsche got a bit carried away with the badges on my Panamera which had to go, the brake calipers are lime green too. Very Gerish!

IMG_0197.jpg

My Taycan came with "electric" badges on the side.  The guy who wrapped it in self-healing PPF asked if I wanted them replacing after the wrap, we left them off.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

My Taycan came with "electric" badges on the side.  The guy who wrapped it in self-healing PPF asked if I wanted them replacing after the wrap, we left them off.

I love the electric badges on the Taycan! (They're an optional extra).

Edited by macahoom

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Produced by SIAC-Wuling motors, and has a LFP battery bank, considered one of, if not the safest battery chemistry for EVs.  

SAIC-MG motors safety record for EVs is excellent ... IMHO ... so no worries, IF I was buying.   Bring the price down to 350k, and I might pick one up.  For those iffy weather days when I can't use the scooter.

Not the best specs though, and Neta V is a few baht more.  Depends on one's needs, and fine tuning research of the alternatives.

This might be insightful, to Wuling products:

"GM’s Wuling MINI EV Ranks Well In J.D. Power 2023 EV Initial Quality Study"

source

Although, not sure I would want to take a hard crash in anything that small.  But if knocking around my little town, that doesn't seem to be a problem, as haven't seen 1 accident yet, in 5 yrs living here.  Unless on hwy #4, which is easily avoided, and have seen no accidents on the stretch bordering town.  Amazingly so.

It would be the Ncap ratings of more concern, I see so many crashes here...... 

14 minutes ago, eezergood said:

It would be the Ncap ratings of more concern, I see so many crashes here...... 

And yet I don't, except a truck now & then parked on it's side in the medium ditch along highways...

... oops, should have stopped and had a coffee or a nap.

Edited by KhunLA

6 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

BYD Seal Prices announced in Europe at the Munich motor show

IMG_1185.jpeg.38aa67ae333c103827df6c0ba460a835.jpeg

The BYD Seal is offered in two versions in Europe with starting prices of 44,900 euros ($48,210) ฿1.7m for the 82.5kW RWD and 50,990 euros ($51,675) ฿1.8m for the AWD performance. These prices should be lower in Thailand due cheaper shipping costs and Government incentives here.

The BYD Seal is currently available in five versions in China with a starting price range of RMB 189,800 ($26,000) ฿926k for the 61.4kWh RWD to RMB 279,800 ($38,300) ฿1.36m for the AWD performance model

Still no word of the official Thai price.

https://cnevpost.com/2023/09/05/byd-presents-6-models-at-munich-auto-show/

There are so many scary videos about burning BYD in China, I would not trust it yet, but this is just a personal opinion (included one news, recently in Thailand). I am not sure why only BYD and not other EV brand-names as ORA, Good Cat, seeing so many of them on Thai roads.
Phil.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Scary video about burning BYD recently in Thailand

Is not an opinion, it’s just not true 

It was a close call and this time the EV walks away, but relax, it is still early EV days in Thailand ????????.  

All EV fires ???? counts, just wait until Somchai uses his brothers welding kit as charger, fix a few cables DIY style, little Nut spill her soda pop down the dashboard, rats ???? get a taste for Chinese cable insulation, the uneven Thai roads kiss ???? the underside of the battery pack at 120 km/h, raw sewage water ???? fill the soi where you parked over night, not to mention the infinite different ways Thais generally manage to crash cars at a daily basis.

Strap in, interesting times ahead.

• Haha 2