Electric Vehicles in Thailand

18 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

After the tsunami of EV propaganda, the tide is rolling out again.

With just about 1:3 EV owners waking up and going back to ICE, who of our local members want to raise their hand first?

GQUuj4OXIAAz6DG.jpeg

It's just because the bottom has fallen out of gas prices. 

33 minutes ago, Pib said:

Some snapshots/charts/stats from the 2024 Mobility Consumer Global Survey

Download the survey at below website:

https://www.deloitte.com/global/en/Industries/automotive/perspectives/global-automotive-consumer-study.html

image.png.fdab2cd77caded2c86a2338b8060f11c.png

image.png.279b46569ea1b09e837e3f67d1672737.png

image.png.138c9f223101462458485f8684a54d8b.png

image.png.39f7e47cb7fb9aced243eeaf2695be06.png

image.png.dfd98d449d157e60f799a10c42c2dd2b.png

image.png

Thanks for the deep dive into the numbers Pib.

The 10% for South East Asia, perfectly match where the EV sales fraction have leveled out in Thailand since February this year.

image.png.fdab2cd77caded2c86a2338b8060f11c.png

7 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

From the toys department: Fomm One.

20240618_134252.jpg

20240618_134244.jpg

20240618_134228.jpg

Are you planning to drive with it in Thailand?  Maybe good for Bangkok traffic?  Just make sure the battery will survive the rush hours.  

People should expect EV insurance  increases in 2025

due to number of water in battery claims

OIC orders 23 companies to submit risk management plans "EV guarantee

In the past, the OIC has been concerned about flooding threats to EV vehicles. That is not only damage to the car. But it brings damage to other points, whether it's the battery, software, but it has been proven that many cases are affected by flooding. The damage was not as severe as expected. Still at an acceptable level

“OIC warns all companies to be careful of flooding. Which areas are insured and flooding occurs frequently? Let each company quote EV insurance premiums to reflect the actual risk. https://www.prachachat.net/finance/news-1569337

• Like 2

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Why would I be biased? I don't own an EV, I own two petrol cars, not even hybrids.

If you're not biased, why do you not own an EV? 

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

While it is understandable insurance companies are assessing their cost/risk exposure, why are manufacturers not honoring their 8 years warranty claim?

Even more so, why aren't manufacturers being held accountable?

I have seen some posts on facebook groups where the Insurance company is refusing to approve replacement battery for water in the battery issue problem for the end customer neither the dealer workshop and the insurance company provides any updates on what the issue is and what the end result will be 

i see you posted recently where someone got the red triangle of death on their screen after a car wash

and the mechanic made the call water in the battery but it turns out later they hadn't got the necessary equipment at the workshop to remove the battery and that the vehicle needs to be sent back to the factory

so is it the case the workshop has access to sensors that can detect that there is moisture in the battery how do you make the call that there is water in the battery without removing and opening up the battery

It reminds me of years ago  when people got the Blue screen of death ( BSOD) some computer shops would suggest new computer was required  without performing any form of diagnosis work on what was causing the BSOD 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

I have seen some posts on facebook groups where the Insurance company is refusing to approve replacement battery for water in the battery issue problem for the end customer neither the dealer workshop and the insurance company provides any updates on what the issue is and what the end result will be 

i see you posted recently where someone got the red triangle of death on their screen after a car wash

and the mechanic made the call water in the battery but it turns out later they hadn't got the necessary equipment at the workshop to remove the battery and that the vehicle needs to be sent back to the factory

so is it the case the workshop has access to sensors that can detect that there is moisture in the battery how do you make the call that there is water in the battery without removing and opening up the battery

It reminds me of years ago  when people got the Blue screen of death ( BSOD) some computer shops would suggest new computer was required  without performing any form of diagnosis work on what was causing the BSOD 

The 8 years warranty is turning out to be a hollow promise and the Thais are slowly waking up from the EV propaganda slumber. While social media last year was full of proud new owners posing in front of their car with a silly oversized reusable red ribbon 🎀 on the hood, the mood is a bit more angry this year.

29% of EV owners have buyers remorse, more will soon follow.

Screenshot_20240608_113708_Facebook.jpg

16 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The 8 years warranty is turning out to be a hollow promise and the Thais are slowly waking up from the EV propaganda slumber. While social media last year was full of proud new owners posing in front of their car with a silly oversized reusable red ribbon 🎀 on the hood, the mood is a bit more angry this year.

are you talking about thailand? or maybe chinese people in thailand?  any link?

(just as a reminder, topic is about ev's in thailand)

Edited by motdaeng
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Yes, those “ silly oversized reusable red ribbons 🎀

IMG_4177.jpeg.0f2efa262ad08dc95b6cb35ebaa6bb23.jpeg

IMG_4178.jpeg.cf74105ef58fc086fccb84cbfdaa0715.jpeg

IMG_4179.jpeg.d9491442446149a3740022a4e0f9576a.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

are you talking about thailand? or maybe chinese people in thailand?  any link?

(just as a reminder, topic is about ev's in thailand)

It is a translation thing Mr. Red Ant. Just like we had the news article with 10,000 EVs not "running". It was a translation of not moving, as in not selling but ended up being not running.

Read the meaning, not the individual words.

19 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I think it's nice to have a picture of the car with the ribbon, the flowers and the giant key. My wife loves the one she has with the Fortuner. 

And don't forget to drive over the limes....

35 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Absolutely love it. You also want one, right?

Should I bring this thread back on subject with an EV crash?

Because we had a Tesla Y crash earlier today.

10 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

That literally makes no sense at all.

You only have ICEVs because you are biased against EVs. If you were really unbiased, you would have an EV and an ICEV. 

• Confused 5
  • Haha 2