Electric Vehicles in Thailand

5 minutes ago, transam said:

These are replacement prices for newish EV's, many items on the subject on the Net. Just imagine trying to get a battery pack for an EV, say, 12/15 year old.......😱

https://www.recurrentauto.com/research/costs-ev-battery-replacement

Would it be any longer than getting a full replacement ICE engine/harness for an obscure ICE vehicle a decade old direct from the OEM? Obscure, because Corollas etc way outsell the post popular EVs 

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

This looks cheap for a solar power project.

IMG_1460.png

Very nice ... Wish something like that was available when we were installing solar at the house.   Especially an ES model, as not been released that long ago.   

That one really cheap price for 51kWh of ESS.  A lot less than our 20kWh of ESS 👍👍

1 minute ago, mikebike said:

A GM crate engine is not an obscure engine. Please try to keep up. 

But, you can buy any part for any car or probably bike, it is all out there.............

My chum restores vintage bikes, you will be surprised how we sourced stuff..

Can even create a complete MGB or E-Type Jag from parts...😋

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Would it be any longer than getting a full replacement ICE engine/harness for an obscure ICE vehicle a decade old direct from the OEM? Obscure, because Corollas etc way outsell the post popular EVs 

Which engines to you consider obscure ?

On 6/13/2024 at 3:58 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

Yet another video with no source or useful information about what it depicts. For instance, is there anything to indicate that isn't just an example of someone forgetting to latch the bonnet (hood) of their vehicle properly?

if you don't latch a bonnet properly this would never happen .

Open the bonnet on any car from the inside of the vehicle
Go outside and try and pull the bonnet up without finding the metal bonnet latch in the gap between grill and bonnet.
Impossible !
It's basic safety 

The only vehicle that you might be able to open would be one of those cra99y Chinese ev vehi..... oh wait that was one of them sorry.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

And you know this how?

ICE’s degrade too, power drops off with use and they need rebuilding.

I am not aware of anyone rebuilding an ICE battery normally if its no longer charging people simply replace

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Have you seen any ICE automaker offering a 20 year warranty?

Just like a Nokia 3310 today, some EVs will be drivable and functional 20 years from now, but they will be as obsolete as the Nokia phone.

EVs are technology driven and new functions and features are constantly added, especially this early in the development phase.

20 years from now, even Flintstone will be embarrassed to drive the EVs we see today.

Everyone can offer 20 years warranty, it's just a strike with a pen. Renowned companies that already exist for 100 years refrain from it.

Let's see in 20 years from now if those Chinese companies still exist under the same name, and if so, how they honor their warranties

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

But, you can buy any part for any car or probably bike, it is all out there.............

My chum restores vintage bikes, you will be surprised how we sourced stuff..

Can even create a complete MGB or E-Type Jag from parts...😋

No one said it wasn't out there. The contention is that it is as hard and long to source an obscure ICE engine and harness as it is to source an old EV battery. 

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Which engines to you consider obscure ?

2010 Suburu Forrester with harness. OEM new as expected with an EV battery. 

Edited by mikebike

12 hours ago, vinny41 said:

I am not aware of anyone rebuilding an ICE battery normally if its no longer charging people simply replace

Not in India, I've watched a youtube video of them refurbishing a dead car battery.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mikebike said:

No one said it wasn't out there. The contention is that it is as hard and long to source an obscure ICE engine and harness as it is to source an old EV battery. 

Eh....?  :huh:

Before you even start @vinny41 The R.Y. 1 figures above are the ones I'm interested in, and I suspect I'm not alone. 

Please don't start posting nonsense figures about road rollers, pickup trucks, tractors & commercial vehicles.

We can start comparing those individually & separately if you like as EV models start to be sold in those categories.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1