Electric Vehicles in Thailand

3 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

The Seal has an LFP 12v battery, should be good for a few years, most others are lead-acid, we have one of those Lithium based power banks that will start an ICE vehicle, it might be worth keeping one of those in the car.

Would be good to know which one would be suitable for a LFP 12v battery, do you have a link ?

I posted this before but now the Seal family has expanded thought it would be helpful to repost.

As the location of the Seal battery is unusual it is useful to know that jumping can be done from under the hood/bonnet.

From the on-board manual:

IMG_2538.thumb.jpeg.387d4d199d6084446abed241c4d33a6c.jpeg

Investing in one of these battery packs for any future use seems like a good idea.

NOTE: not that i am suggesting the car is susceptible to this issue but as EV’s have an ever expanding range of electronic options better to be prepared.

19 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Would be good to know which one would be suitable for a LFP 12v battery, do you have a link ?

I think all the 12v ones are suitable, the 12v LFP battery and electrical system will be mimicking a normal cars system.

2-in-1 4USB Jump Start & Power Bank 99800mAh Jump Starter Kit with Air Pump + USB 4 Ports Portable Car Charger Jumpstarter Car Starter Aid Car Jump Start Jump Start Powerbank | Lazada.co.th

You probably only need the cheapest one as it's never going to turnover an ICE.

Interestingly, the Tesla Cybertruck has moved to a 48 volt system, I think that's a trend we will see.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

I am surprised you are not provided with a jump-cord that would allow you to jump off the main battery in emergencies.  

Main traction batteries in an EV are 400-800V batteries and that would probably be just a little too high voltage to jump a 12V with.   Additionally that little 12V battery is what powers/turn off and on some key components in the traction battery like the traction battery contactors (high power relay switches) that connect the traction battery to the electric drive motor when the EV is started.    Now the 12V battery gets recharged from the 400-800V traction battery after that high DC voltage is converted/stepped down by EV electronics to around 14V to keep the 12V charged.

Yeap, that 12V battery may be very small when standing next to that big ol' 400-800V traction battery but that little 12V battery knows that big traction battery can't power-up the car and some important stuff without him.  

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Pib said:

Main traction batteries in an EV are 400-800V batteries and that would probably be just a little too high voltage to jump a 12V with.   Additionally that little 12V battery is what powers/turn off and on some key components in the traction battery like the traction battery contactors (high power relay switches) that connect the traction battery to the electric drive motor when the EV is started.    Now the 12V battery gets recharged from the 400-800V traction battery after that high DC voltage is converted/stepped down by EV electronics to around 14V to keep the 12V charged.

Yeap, that 12V battery may be very small when standing next to that big ol' 400-800V traction battery but that little 12V battery knows that big traction battery can't power-up the car and some important stuff without him.  

What does that have to do with what I said? 

Again: I am surprised you are not provided with a jump-cord that would allow you to jump off the main battery in emergencies.   

Surely this would not be that difficult.  

500V to 12V DC/DC converter, 400W • DWE (dwe-oss.eu)

23 hours ago, Pib said:

Update: I went to that manufacturers website to check on the specs of the device....it didn't show the BM200 that I saw anywhere but did show the next model up which was a BM300.  Looking at the specs/manual, it does "not" do impedance/resistance checking of the battery (i.e., scanning) or do you need to enter any new battery capacity info which means it simply monitors voltage levels like when cranking to primarily determine SOH.  Such a method is not a very good method to determine SOH in comparison via impedance/resistance measurement.  And it's a terrible way to determine SOH for a battery that never encounters a heavy load like when cranking....in an EV there is no cranking.

https://anceltech.com/collections/Heavy-Duty-Trucks-Scanner.html

Last night while watching a bunch of Youtube's in bed....my nightly routine to help me fall asleep....I did a Youtube search for: battery tester BM200.  Youtube came back with a bunch of videos showing use a real battery testers....hand held models that do a "battery resistance/impedance test to determine State of Health (SOH)."  And in each-and-every case one of the first steps is to enter the Cold Cranking Amperage (CCA) or similar battery rating of an identically rated "new" battery. 

12V batteries come in all physical sizes, CCA capacity ratings, Amp-Hour ratings, etc.  High CCA ratings for big engine/high compression vehicles like diesel powered vehicles which require a lot of amp to crank, lower CCA ratings for compact vehicles with small engines which require a moderate level of amps (say around a 100A) to crank.  After entering the CCA of a new battery which serves as a reference for the SOH tester the tester then does its measurements over a few seconds of the battery you are testing and then displays results like battery resistance, voltage, calculated CCA, and a Good/Pass/Replace type reading...and a key factor in making that determination was referenced to a new battery CCA rating.  

But in the half dozen or Youtube videos for the BM200 tester no CCA rating was ever entered when installing/using it...and it appeared to give a SOH percentage/rating based solely on comparing how low the voltage dipped momentarily when starting the vehicle (a.k.a., like cranking an ICE vehicle to life).  If while starting the vehicle say it dipped to 9V I expect the BM200 would give a low SOH percentage and probably a Replace battery warning.  But if dipping to the 9-11V range it would probably give a medium SOH percentage and a Weak battery warning.  And anything above 11V it would probably give a high SOH percentage and Good battery reading.    Yes, it sure appears it determined SOH purely based on how low the battery momentarily dipped while "starting/cranking" the vehicle versus scanning the battery to determine battery resistance/impedance to calculated a current CCA capacity referenced to a new/factory fresh battery and its CCA capacity.   

How low a battery dips while "starting/cranking" is definitely a good indicator if your battery has lost capacity, getting weak, etc., but it does not give you a more precise indication of how much capacity (i.e., CCA) currently remains in comparison to when it was new...also what the battery resistance is which is another good indicator of battery health.    

Now if you were buying the BM200 for a ICEV , repeat, a ICEV which has a starter and draws "in the ballpark of over 100A when starting a small engine ICEV, 200-300A when starting a big/high compression/diesel engine" then if it reports the voltage is dipping to around the 9-10V while starting which means the battery has lost a lot of it's original capacity/getting weak then yes it could be very useful in getting heads-up your 12V battery is reaching it's end of life....has a low SOH....time to replace it.  Hopefully avoid the battery just having a heart attack one morning when trying to start your vehicle...can't even crank the engine.....gotta get someone to give you a jump....call a tow truck...call for a new battery.

But a BM200 on a 100% electric vehicle would be nothing more than a device that gives you a voltage reading that would always be good right up until the point the battery just flat-out died one day.   That's because since a BEV does not have a starter which draws hundreds of amp which will cause a the 12V battery to dip momentarily in voltage by around 1 to 3 volts the BM200 would always see a voltage reading of a full 12V battery which would be around 12.6V (or higher) except "just before" the battery was getting ready to have a heart attack.

This morning I did some battery testing on my BEV....a BYD Atto 3 which has a 12V lead acid battery, P/N 38B20L, 12V, 36Ah, CCA 335A...specs listed right on top of the battery.   It put a DC clamp-on amp meter on a battery cable while also monitoring the voltage for a dip with a voltmeter.  Started the car and approx 20 to 22A was very briefly pulled...the voltage level didn't dip even a tenth of a volt with such a light draw of current.  A few seconds after the car started with AC and running lights a 3.6A battery draw was shown.....when turning off the car approx 6A was shown and a voltage of 13.8V like the battery "charging/topping up" was occurring...OR, maybe the car electronics was taking care of some other tasks....because when you turn off an EV it's more of putting the car in standby/sleep mode vs being completely turned off.     Yeap, more amps was being drawn after turning off the car than when running.  I expect amps draw would have tapered off to very little if I had monitor the current draw longer.    I did this starting tests a few times....same results each time.  Very little current draw on the 12V battery....it's not worked very hard like a 12V on an ICEV.

I also used my hand held battery tester to test the 12V battery....I've had the Atto for less than 3 months....I expect the battery is no more than 6 months old....after entering the CCA 335A for a new battery I ran the test....it came back with  a SOH of 100%, State of Charge 98%, lower resistance reading,  and a 380 CCA reading ...a "higher" CCA than a new battery which is questionable in my mind.  I haven't seen that on other batteries I've tested on ICE vehicles like my Toyota Fortuner.   Maybe the questionable CCA rating is due to being an in-car test vs testing the battery disconnected.  Or maybe the CCA reading was correct.  Some day I'll run a test with the battery disconnected from the car...see if it makes a difference.  Testing the battery hooked up or unhooked on my Fortuner ICEV doesn't make a difference.  

But my amperage and voltage tests this morning while starting the EV shows a very light amperage draw of around 20A when starting which is very easy/places little stress on the battery....much less stress than the high cranking current draw of hundreds of amps in an ICEV. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

What does that have to do with what I said? 

Again: I am surprised you are not provided with a jump-cord that would allow you to jump off the main battery in emergencies.   

Surely this would not be that difficult.  

500V to 12V DC/DC converter, 400W • DWE (dwe-oss.eu)

That's a big DC/DC converter for a jump-cord.  Plus, with a dead/flat 12V battery the traction battery wouldn't be engaged to provide a power output to it's charging port like for a Vehicle-To-Load setup to power the a jump-cord setup.  But I guess the manufacturer could redesign their EV electronics/controls to create an internal 12V jumper, but I expect they would have a variety of reasons they don't do such with some of them being safety related.

Do you know of any EV manufacturer that provides a jump-cord setup like you propose?

Edited by Pib
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

That's a big DC/DC converter for a jump-cord.  Plus, with a dead/flat 12V battery the traction battery wouldn't be engaged to provide a power output to it's charging port like for a Vehicle-To-Load setup to power the a jump-cord setup.  But I guess the manufacturer could redesign their EV electronics/controls to create an internal 12V jumper, but I expect they would have a variety of reasons they don't do such with some of them being safety related.

Do you know of any EV manufacturer that provides a jump-cord setup like you propose?

I do not, and that surprises me.

Does anyone know how to make Google maps open with charging stations already showing ??

I believe it can be done both on phone and on the car version if you have sideloaded ( probably if done on phone then the car version will follow if signed in, not sure )

I can bring up charging stations on both phone and car ( they are slightly different versions ) but cannot save to open with the chargers on the map automatically.

Anyone ??

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2024 at 8:54 PM, Pib said:

Last night while watching a bunch of Youtube's in bed....my nightly routine to help me fall asleep....I did a Youtube search for: battery tester BM200.  Youtube came back with a bunch of videos showing use a real battery testers....hand held models that do a "battery resistance/impedance test to determine State of Health (SOH)."  And in each-and-every case one of the first steps is to enter the Cold Cranking Amperage (CCA) or similar battery rating of an identically rated "new" battery. 

12V batteries come in all physical sizes, CCA capacity ratings, Amp-Hour ratings, etc.  High CCA ratings for big engine/high compression vehicles like diesel powered vehicles which require a lot of amp to crank, lower CCA ratings for compact vehicles with small engines which require a moderate level of amps (say around a 100A) to crank.  After entering the CCA of a new battery which serves as a reference for the SOH tester the tester then does its measurements over a few seconds of the battery you are testing and then displays results like battery resistance, voltage, calculated CCA, and a Good/Pass/Replace type reading...and a key factor in making that determination was referenced to a new battery CCA rating.  

But in the half dozen or Youtube videos for the BM200 tester no CCA rating was ever entered when installing/using it...and it appeared to give a SOH percentage/rating based solely on comparing how low the voltage dipped momentarily when starting the vehicle (a.k.a., like cranking an ICE vehicle to life).  If while starting the vehicle say it dipped to 9V I expect the BM200 would give a low SOH percentage and probably a Replace battery warning.  But if dipping to the 9-11V range it would probably give a medium SOH percentage and a Weak battery warning.  And anything above 11V it would probably give a high SOH percentage and Good battery reading.    Yes, it sure appears it determined SOH purely based on how low the battery momentarily dipped while "starting/cranking" the vehicle versus scanning the battery to determine battery resistance/impedance to calculated a current CCA capacity referenced to a new/factory fresh battery and its CCA capacity.   

How low a battery dips while "starting/cranking" is definitely a good indicator if your battery has lost capacity, getting weak, etc., but it does not give you a more precise indication of how much capacity (i.e., CCA) currently remains in comparison to when it was new...also what the battery resistance is which is another good indicator of battery health.    

Now if you were buying the BM200 for a ICEV , repeat, a ICEV which has a starter and draws "in the ballpark of over 100A when starting a small engine ICEV, 200-300A when starting a big/high compression/diesel engine" then if it reports the voltage is dipping to around the 9-10V while starting which means the battery has lost a lot of it's original capacity/getting weak then yes it could be very useful in getting heads-up your 12V battery is reaching it's end of life....has a low SOH....time to replace it.  Hopefully avoid the battery just having a heart attack one morning when trying to start your vehicle...can't even crank the engine.....gotta get someone to give you a jump....call a tow truck...call for a new battery.

But a BM200 on a 100% electric vehicle would be nothing more than a device that gives you a voltage reading that would always be good right up until the point the battery just flat-out died one day.   That's because since a BEV does not have a starter which draws hundreds of amp which will cause a the 12V battery to dip momentarily in voltage by around 1 to 3 volts the BM200 would always see a voltage reading of a full 12V battery which would be around 12.6V (or higher) except "just before" the battery was getting ready to have a heart attack.

This morning I did some battery testing on my BEV....a BYD Atto 3 which has a 12V lead acid battery, P/N 38B20L, 12V, 36Ah, CCA 335A...specs listed right on top of the battery.   It put a DC clamp-on amp meter on a battery cable while also monitoring the voltage for a dip with a voltmeter.  Started the car and approx 20 to 22A was very briefly pulled...the voltage level didn't dip even a tenth of a volt with such a light draw of current.  A few seconds after the car started with AC and running lights a 3.6A battery draw was shown.....when turning off the car approx 6A was shown and a voltage of 13.8V like the battery "charging/topping up" was occurring...OR, maybe the car electronics was taking care of some other tasks....because when you turn off an EV it's more of putting the car in standby/sleep mode vs being completely turned off.     Yeap, more amps was being drawn after turning off the car than when running.  I expect amps draw would have tapered off to very little if I had monitor the current draw longer.    I did this starting tests a few times....same results each time.  Very little current draw on the 12V battery....it's not worked very hard like a 12V on an ICEV.

I also used my hand held battery tester to test the 12V battery....I've had the Atto for less than 3 months....I expect the battery is no more than 6 months old....after entering the CCA 335A for a new battery I ran the test....it came back with  a SOH of 100%, State of Charge 98%, lower resistance reading,  and a 380 CCA reading ...a "higher" CCA than a new battery which is questionable in my mind.  I haven't seen that on other batteries I've tested on ICE vehicles like my Toyota Fortuner.   Maybe the questionable CCA rating is due to being an in-car test vs testing the battery disconnected.  Or maybe the CCA reading was correct.  Some day I'll run a test with the battery disconnected from the car...see if it makes a difference.  Testing the battery hooked up or unhooked on my Fortuner ICEV doesn't make a difference.  

But my amperage and voltage tests this morning while starting the EV shows a very light amperage draw of around 20A when starting which is very easy/places little stress on the battery....much less stress than the high cranking current draw of hundreds of amps in an ICEV. 

From my experience, the battery needs to be disconnected from the car to get accurate readings on the 12V battery SOH?

Andrew, Good rundown...thanks. 

Your costs were basically identical to this lady's installation costs in Chonburi.  Below snapshot is from her Youtube video on her install where she detailed the costs of "Running a 2nd Circuit + PEA Costs"....took pretty much all day in her case.  I expect installation at her residence was more complicated than yours.....each install will be different.   If Google Translate and I understood her video/cost chart correctly, here's a summary of costs:

The 1st column shows what parts/labor are included in a typical "Bt9,000 package" deal to install a 2nd circuit. 

The 2nd column gives more detail on the package deal.   

The 3rd column shows the installation cost "at her residence" which went Bt2,700 over the Bt9,000 package flat price adding up to Bt11,700 before she got a Bt1,700 with final price (parts and labor) for the 2nd circuit/charger install being Bt10,000.     But we haven't got to PEA costs yet.  

The 4th column is just a column reflecting "market retail" parts costs excluding any labor costs....just something to help show the package deal of the charger installer is a probably a good deal compared to open market (retail) price.

Now at this time PEA has "not" installed the 2nd meter or inspected the installation.....the installer just does a quick check of the charger installation by temporarily connecting to her currently installed meter (a.k.a., 1st circuit)   Once the charger is tested and its operation explained to the lady that temporarily connection is removed awaiting PEA to come out inspect the installation and install the 2nd meter.  

And the 5th column reflects the PEA cost of Bt4,795.80.   

So, if I understood her video/cost chart correctly she paid Bt10K to the charger installer plus another almost Bt4.8K to PEA for install of her charger which required a second circuit/meter.  Grand total approx Bt14.8K....ah heck, let's just call it Bt15K.

Snapshot from the video detailing the cost of a 2nd Circuit/Meter required for her charger installation. 

image.png.9c4fea07c281c4d7ce426fe1997b4d28.png

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Pib said:

Andrew, Good rundown...thanks. 

Your costs were basically identical to this lady's installation costs in Chonburi.  Below snapshot is from her Youtube video on her install where she detailed the costs of "Running a 2nd Circuit + PEA Costs"....took pretty much all day in her case.  I expect installation at her residence was more complicated than yours.....each install will be different.   If Google Translate and I understood her video/cost chart correctly, here's a summary of costs:

The 1st column shows what parts/labor are included in a typical "Bt9,000 package" deal to install a 2nd circuit. 

The 2nd column gives more detail on the package deal.   

The 3rd column shows the installation cost "at her residence" which went Bt2,700 over the Bt9,000 package flat price adding up to Bt11,700 before she got a Bt1,700 with final price (parts and labor) for the 2nd circuit/charger install being Bt10,000.     But we haven't got to PEA costs yet.  

The 4th column is just a column reflecting "market retail" parts costs excluding any labor costs....just something to help show the package deal of the charger installer is a probably a good deal compared to open market (retail) price.

Now at this time PEA has "not" installed the 2nd meter or inspected the installation.....the installer just does a quick check of the charger installation by temporarily connecting to her currently installed meter (a.k.a., 1st circuit)   Once the charger is tested and its operation explained to the lady that temporarily connection is removed awaiting PEA to come out inspect the installation and install the 2nd meter.  

And the 5th column reflects the PEA cost of Bt4,795.80.   

So, if I understood her video/cost chart correctly she paid Bt10K to the charger installer plus another almost Bt4.8K to PEA for install of her charger which required a second circuit/meter.  Grand total approx Bt14.8K....ah heck, let's just call it Bt15K.

Snapshot from the video detailing the cost of a 2nd Circuit/Meter required for her charger installation. 

image.png.9c4fea07c281c4d7ce426fe1997b4d28.png

Yes, i forgot to mention that the wall charger installation crew (contracted by BYD) were very professional, knew exactly what each one had to do.
They temporarily energised the charger with an extension lead plugged into an existing external socket.

One guy explained it all to me, about creating a username, password etc and setting up the app.

IMG_2629.thumb.png.46bfed1d83d07ea9b865feb9e946d212.png

“ Free vending “ means I don’t have to do any authentication ( using the supplied RFID card or authorise via the app) but means anyone can use the charger ….. and my electric …. should probably disable that !

The PEA “ inspector “, who came to check the installation, had the easiest job I have ever seen !

Left his pickup running in the middle of the soi, knowing he wouldn’t be more than 2 minutes, took some photos of existing meter, wall charger and the breakers told us to revisit PEA and hot footed it out of there.

Mine was 14,200 for both installs but will hopefully get that back soon with the cheap tariffs off peak, currently taking advantage of the weekend tariff.

Have tried the charging timer set in the car and it worked a treat with notifications on the BYD app giving a status and when charging stops all from the comfort of my bed !

ABB app is also handy, keeps a running total of the costs although is a guesstimate so far until the 1st bill 

As we said before, there is a loss between charger and the car 7.2 kw to 6.4 kw, but it’s all good.

IMG_2630.thumb.png.5330c7717d93baec7ddaf0938bc70d7a.png

Ignore the Atto 3 photo on app and the range as it is fixed at NEDC (650 km on the Premium ) whereas in the car is Dynamic range setting and I have had above and below that figure when charging to 100 %.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Most people don’t actually realise how much they are paying for fuel until they actually sit down and work it out. As there is no choice of whether to fuel or not, it’s just a matter of fill and go and not thinking about it.

It’s apparent that the fuel savings can mount up significantly as mentioned several times by @KhunLA. Doubly so if having solar. Does anyone know if there are smart chargers with solar divert for sale in Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would like to understand how a solar diverter charger works.

Is it possible to tell the car to vary the charge rate?  I understood once the initial handshake is done, it's not possible for the wallbox to tell the car to change the charge rate, but I may be wrong.

Or does the wallbox tell the car to stop charging and re-initialise with a new charging rate? If it stops the charging by forcing a fault (i.e. stopping charging by power cut off) then some cars won't re-initialise without removing the plug.

I made something using an under/over voltage cutoff contactor and then a changeover contactor to reverse the effect.  Charging begins at my set voltage (245v) and stops when it drops to another set voltage (230v).  Charging only starts when my grid-tied inverters are kicking out a good amount of current to the grid and consequently the voltage rises, charging then starts.  If a cloud crosses the sun, charging stops and starts again when the sun comers out again.  The flaw in this is that it cuts the power causing the car to see an error, some cars allow this a couple of times (German) others won't restart without removing the plugb (MGEP+/4).  I haven't tried the Seal yet.

The elegant way to do this would be to use a smart charger with OCPP communication and tell the charger to stop, and start again with a new current.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Is it possible to tell the car to vary the charge rate?  I understood once the initial handshake is done, it's not possible for the wallbox to tell the car to change the charge rate, but I may be wrong.

Or does the wallbox tell the car to stop charging and re-initialise with a new charging rate? If it stops the charging by forcing a fault (i.e. stopping charging by power cut off) then some cars won't re-initialise without removing the plug.

I made something using an under/over voltage cutoff contactor and then a changeover contactor to reverse the effect.  Charging begins at my set voltage (245v) and stops when it drops to another set voltage (230v).  Charging only starts when my grid-tied inverters are kicking out a good amount of current to the grid and consequently the voltage rises, charging then starts.  If a cloud crosses the sun, charging stops and starts again when the sun comers out again.  The flaw in this is that it cuts the power causing the car to see an error, some cars allow this a couple of times (German) others won't restart without removing the plugb (MGEP+/4).  I haven't tried the Seal yet.

The elegant way to do this would be to use a smart charger with OCPP communication and tell the charger to stop, and start again with a new current.

What you’ve done is completely over my head lol. I don’t know how a solar diverter would work but I imagine that it varies the current on the fly, depending on excess solar power generated. This would not be unlike charging at a DC fast charger which reduces the current as the battery starts filling up. In the case of the latter, I imagine the car is controlling how much power it can accept. In the former (solar diverter), I would imagine the charger controls the current being outputted.

You raise a good point about some vehicles not being able to stop and start charging without the charger being disconnected.

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Even if I paid nothing for electricity, it would take almost 18 years to justify one million Baht to buy a new EV.

You don't need to justify the full cost of the EV, only the difference i cost between the ICE and EV, if any. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I did run the numbers comparing the same model MG in ICE and EV versions and I think to offset the cost of the upcharge for the EV was about seven years if memory serves me correctly

The MG ZS EV is1,023,000 and the comparable MG ZS ice is  759,000  a difference of 264,000

using the numbers you provided  of 56,170 per year (which is below average but if we take your number  then it will take less than 4 years to offset the difference of 264,000 bht

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, sirineou said:

The MG ZS EV is1,023,000 and the comparable MG ZS ice is  759,000  a difference of 264,000

using the numbers you provided  of 56,170 per year (which is below average but if we take your number  then it will take less than 4 years to offset the difference of 264,000 bht

Why do you claim 56,170 is below average? What is the average?

In any event, a 2.8-liter Fortuner burns significancy more fuel than for a MG ZS, so even with the extra cost of petrol vs diesel, the MG is much cheaper to fuel. 

And again, the numbers are based on getting electricity for free, which is not really possible unless you are stealing it. Even if you charge using only excess solar (not likely), you still have the cost of the solar installation to consider. 

I'm not knocking EVs, I am probably going to buy one in April, I just don't see the cost savings being as great as they seem. 

Of course, the more you drive, the more you would save. Before I retired, I was driving over 60,000km a year.

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

MG ZS EV is ฿859k again, and ฿949k when not discounted.

image.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

You can use it like a regular charger or you can choose to use only the amount of power that would be have been exported.

I considered it as I used to charge my car in the middle of the day and wake up after my nap to find that the it had clouded over and I had drained my house batteries into my car.

Now I just wait until it gets dark (My inverters priority setting is Solar First, Then Utility, Then Battery) and power the house from the Seal for a few hours.