Air Con Service

roger101

I've been using the same Air Con company for some years to service and clean my Air Con. When I tried to contact them yesterday by text I had no reply. Waited 24 hours but still no reply. So I'm looking for a new company. I live just of Thepprasit Road and I would like a local firm if possible. Recommendations please.

Thank You

• Haha 1

Had a similar issue in that my regular guy moved on.... found an alterative who came and serviced my bedroom unit.... but as luck would have it it packed in a week after. He returned and could not fix it, calming a PCB had failed..... he did not have access to spares. Got in touch with the manufacturer's agents and they sent a team round, who replaced parts and got it working. Not cheap, over 6000 baht, but it made me realize the unit was 9 years old. It was a Daikin and I used ARC.

• Haha 1

I've been using a good company for years but they've gradually gone downhill. The boss is OK, but the lads he employs to do the work seem to be taking the mick and are now maybe openly cheating him and the customers. Two or three years ago I'd have happily recommended the company to the OP, but I'm going to stop using them myself now. There's a popular company on Thepprasit, so not far from the OP's home, I won't mention the name but it's just two letters, I went there once quite a few years ago and the ignorant mouthy cow running the shop put me right off, I won't be back there though my Thai neighbours seem to get on fine with them.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

I can confirm Jomtien Air are an excellent company, as others have said,  being using them for 8 years, no complaints.

A normal clean of your aircon is 500 baht!

include top up if needed? i suspect AC guys any company can use the "you need gas" routine for another 200 baht

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I have 3 Aircon units. 2 are Mitsubishi and one, much smaller for a small bedroom, is a Haier.

None have ever been professionally serviced in the 7 years since installed. They continue to work just fine and as quiet as the first day they were used.

I do regularly clean and dust out the internal units filters and check the external fans are clear of insects etc. That's it.  But what else is there to do?

Am I courting very expensive trouble?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

I have 3 Aircon units. 2 are Mitsubishi and one, much smaller for a small bedroom, is a Haier.

None have ever been professionally serviced in the 7 years since installed. They continue to work just fine and as quiet as the first day they were used.

I do regularly clean and dust out the internal units filters and check the external fans are clear of insects etc. That's it.  But what else is there to do?

No. If the units are installed correctly, and operating correctly, you are doing everything that needs doing. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

include top up if needed? i suspect AC guys any company can use the "you need gas" routine for another 200 baht

I had 2 air cons cleaned and topped up with gas last week, 500B each, no additional charge. 

Note, I live on the Darkside (where things are cheaper) and have my Thai wife do the talking.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bbko said:

I had 2 air cons cleaned and topped up with gas last week, 500B each, no additional charge. 

Note, I live on the Darkside (where things are cheaper) and have my Thai wife do the talking.

I just serviced four air conditioners a couple weeks ago, three wall units and one cassette. The wall units each took about twenty minutes, the cassette about thirty. I need steps and a screwdriver to drop the filter on the cassette. 

It was free. 

If your units aren't leaking, no top-up is needed. 

• Haha 1

I've been using PK Air (on mid-thepparasit) for 8 years now. No issues ever, cleaning has been 400 baht per unit

0813449052, also Line on this number. 

Edited by mran66
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

If you check the instructions they will recommend certain things need cleaning 3-6 months, certainly that's what my Samsung said and same as you i think it hadn't been professionally cleaned for years if ever, i just had it cleaned

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, roger101 said:

One thing I should have added is that I'm deaf which is why I use text. So an address with the firm would be helpful if their English isn't brilliant.

My wife cannot get anyone to come and clean my AC units, but I live up country, I just don't know what to do about it.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, mran66 said:

....well, buy the AC cleaning equipment (water sprayer and the plastic to drain water down to bucket) and let her do it, is simple and easy though little messy thus few bother for the 4-500 baht.

Tell her to turn the power off first!

If you're AC is installed correctly you really should not need to do much more than clean the filter, which you can do in the bathroom with the bum-gun or hand-held shower.

Running the unit in "fan" mode on high for an hour before you start should dry it out completely. If you have standing water in the pan after doing this, it is not draining correctly.

If you have trouble with leaking and the inside of the unit has "mold" build-up the unit is likely not draining correctly.

I clean the filters monthly, and every year or two clean the coils with paint-brushes and a vacuum cleaner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

If you're AC is installed correctly you really should not need to do much more than clean the filter, which you can do in the bathroom with the bum-gun or hand-held shower.

Why do the instructions suggest other cleaning required? maybe check yours and come back to us

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The removable filters is one aspect... but certainly the older models had a drum fan and the blades would become caked up.... also a coating of muck on the cooling fins would reduce efficiency. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The removable filters is one aspect... but certainly the older models had a drum fan and the blades would become caked up.... also a coating of muck on the cooling fins would reduce efficiency. 

The new wall models have the same style wheel-fans. They get caked-up when they stay wet all the time. If the pan drains correctly, they should stay pretty dry. 

As a side note, one big advantage of the cassette units is that they use a propeller fan rather than a wheel-fan, and the units are configured such that the blade never gets wet, because the fan is in the center, and the coil & pan is about the perimeter.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1