Bangkok police arrest taxi driver who robbed French tourist

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

A gold necklace and a Lacoste chest bag containing a green iPhone 11 Pro, cash, passport and other documents all worth 54,200 had gone missing.

we know they recovered a bag and found the phone being sold somewhere.

let me guess:  gold, gone.  cash, gone, cash, gone.  passport, maybe there.   documents?  who knows.

seen this story before, and I remember the tourists soo mad after going to the police over and over and over.....then they just left, mad.   They had 35,000 stolen.  I have to guess they didn't get any money back, but they got the criminal.  

gold necklace during COVID.......maybe it was 5 baht.   maybe 40 baht rope.  lol   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

I agree this French moron deserved a lesson. Pity they caught the taxi driver.

Many people pass out drunk in taxi. I have done so many times. I never carry more than 2000 Baht in my wallet and a cheap phone that I bought specifically to use in Thailand with a Thai SIM

• Haha 1

Jesus, can't these guys can just stop robbing the few tourists that are actually coming to Thailand for five minutes?  There will be many more coming, hopefully soon.

"That people are so cash starved due to covid that they are robbing any tourists that visit" is not a good tourism slogan!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

They appear to be filming a computer screen with a phone.

Also I think you mean perspective, not objective.

OK, that explains it. Thanks. I meant the lens not objective. Perspective is fine too ????

Edited by Captor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Thujone said:

Note to self.

When passing out drunk in the street, don't be carrying anything of value.

Anyone found being drunk and incapable in the street should be locked up in jail for the night then released the next day after paying a fine, and I don't mean 500Bt, more like 5000Bt, and if he doesn't have the money on him he should be held in a cell until a family member or friend comes to the police station and pays it for him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Anyone found being drunk and incapable in the street should be locked up in jail for the night then released the next day after paying a fine, and I don't mean 500Bt, more like 5000Bt, and if he doesn't have the money on him he should be held in a cell until a family member or friend comes to the police station and pays it for him.

Singapore actively enforces this law. 

Personally, although it has been many years since I was in such a state of inebriation, I am glad Thailand doesn't. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

It was a joke.

I wont give up the day job.

On 4/30/2022 at 7:20 PM, CartagenaWarlock said:

Many people pass out drunk in taxi. I have done so many times. I never carry more than 2000 Baht in my wallet and a cheap phone that I bought specifically to use in Thailand with a Thai SIM

On 5/1/2022 at 3:52 PM, Thujone said:

It was a joke.

I wont give up the day job.

But why get drunk in the first place?