Bike noise fine alert Hua Hin

Was your bike actually too loud. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust without TIS on it ?

I mean lot of guys with bigger bikes like the extra sound. I had a big bike at some time and got checked too but as it was not too loud i never had problems.

So do you think your bike was not too loud? I mean its wrong to do it without a test but if it was clear it was too loud then it would not matter anyway.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Glad they are issuing fines, those loud exhausts are annoying as well as being childish

That is a opinion i definately share with you. I liked my big bike but did not feel like i needed to increase the sounds. Some guys love the loud sounds ore are of the opinion that loud pipes save lives. 

Just now, robblok said:

That is a opinion i definately share with you. I liked my big bike but did not feel like i needed to increase the sounds. Some guys love the loud sounds ore are of the opinion that loud pipes save lives. 

i had a guy behind me yesterday on beach road, the noise he was making you'd think he was going 80kph, couldn't get past me on my click doing 20kph

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i had a guy behind me yesterday on beach road, the noise he was making you'd think he was going 80kph, couldn't get past me on my click doing 20kph

I know the type, and i admit my ninja650 was a lot louder then my aerox but still within limits. I even got a exhaust for it that was a lil less loud then the stock. I don't see the point of all that sound.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Just like providing a service. Just a general FYI if you plan a similar venture. 

Just to avoid another 1000 bht fine get a DB silencer insert no noticival loss of power. 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Glad they are issuing fines, those loud exhausts are annoying as well as being childish

I got done a long time ago in Hua-hin as well,i never revved the bike but i know legally

it was too loud.

While i was getting fined some young Thai boys whizzed by making a lot more noise.

No problem,the police will go for easy targets all the time.

When there are 40 Harleys going by making a lot more noise they do not seem to hear.

2 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Made me feel important.  He wrote me a fine for 1000.

you are important.  they are taking your money.  it's important.  you feel important by giving them your money, that's a great start living in LOS.  

noisy bike.....fine should be 10,000 and bike impounded at another fee of 300,000

then you will feel super important.  

you have helped LOS for 1,000, but now I cannot hear, thanks.   my kids are now deaf.  that loud noise is still resonating across the Universe......OMG......

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, robblok said:

some on here are at least honest about their craving for loud farty pipes. one dude said something to the effect of "I do it because I like it and Thailand is a free country".

well I'm free to move in next door to him and play Slayer at full blast but that doesn't mean it's a good thing to do ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Was your bike actually too loud. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust without TIS on it ?

I mean lot of guys with bigger bikes like the extra sound. I had a big bike at some time and got checked too but as it was not too loud i never had problems.

So do you think your bike was not too loud? I mean its wrong to do it without a test but if it was clear it was too loud then it would not matter anyway.

I have an aftermarket pipe. I fabricated myself a db killer and after making lots of modifications by drilling holes in it got the sound to a level that at normal riding it is not obnoxiously loud (personal opinion) but a different story at high rpm. For this trip I felt rebellious and took it off! Paid the price and could not argue with the fine. The satisfaction I got was riding passed those big scooters on the highway that pretend to be riding a racing bike (ps maxing at about 150km) weaving around cars and pretending another great overtake by Rossi.  A few of them actually looked back (of course they don’t have mirrors) before I passed them as they could hear my bike approaching ominously and all they could do was to watch me disappear passed them in the horizon. Of course I don’t do these silly things regularly but occasionally I like to give it to the young Thai boys with a fragile ego. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2022 at 9:55 AM, scubascuba3 said:

This could have been me, I drove on beach road yesterday, still learning how to handle the bike. My girlfriend bought me a M-Slaz from northern Thailand, and it´s loud as hell. I´ve tried getting someone to install a db killer on it but everyone quotes me about 3000 thb which I feel is too much.

The police stopped me last week and measured the sound to 94 db, which apparently was legal.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

This could have been me, I drove on beach road yesterday, still learning how to handle the bike. My girlfriend bought me a M-Slaz from northern Thailand, and it´s loud as hell. I´ve tried getting someone to install a db killer on it but everyone quotes me about 3000 thb which I feel is too much.

The police stopped me last week and measured the sound to 94 db, which apparently was legal.

New pipes 20k? Didn't the original parts come with it?