Over 21,000 overseas passengers arrive in BKK, Phuket, on 1st day without ‘Test & Go’

webfact

Compared and contrasted to what exactly? I have no clue of arrival figures pre pandemic, or even when test and go was operating but 120 flights between to major airports to me doesnt sound impressive. And as others have stated less than 300 a flight? 

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

Not taking sides but I did take the time to look at the arrivals majority are local flights should those be counted. As for the International flights are the flight full?  

One thing for sure if in fact they can generate the numbers as claims then can they imagine if we just open go back to Pre-covid? ????

They are not counting the domestic flights, it is 120 international flights.  Spread between two airports it really isn't a lot so I have no idea why the other poster doesn't believe it.

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

They are not counting the domestic flights, it is 120 international flights.  Spread between two airports it really isn't a lot so I have no idea why the other poster doesn't believe it.

Maybe because the photo and story indicate reports congested and packed in lines no social distance as if people are knocking door the doors?   Sadly we all kind of get conditions to all their lies or smoke and mirrors? 

49 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

So how many passport control desk there is? 20? Because if every passenger take 15 minutes so they handle total 5317 houer passenger check's! I hope every tourist get off from line before 2023 ! even 50 desk eatch line take about 106 houer so keep calm everybody lol Yeah yeah get true i know! lol

Oh dear.  Maths is obviously not your strong point......neither is logic.  Each passenger does not take 15 minutes at the desk!!

If you say there are 40 desks open between BKK and Phuket and flights land over a 14 hour period (I have no idea how many desks are currently open but that seems reasonable), then it means each desk is processing 37 passengers per hour which seems perfectly normal.

Take it over an 18 hour period and it is 29 passengers per hour per desk, so two minutes per person.

In reality the numbers are probably over a 24 hour period.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vinci said:

21,268 passengers, insurance scam is having a good day, they will keep milking the cow until the last drop

Can you please explain how the requirement for insurance is a scam. Many countries demand it and have done for many years, for example Germany for Thai passport holders.

Or are you just spouting ignorant nonsense?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Wow you are so clever not to be fooled that 120 international flights arrived in Bangkok and Phuket yesterday.  How many flights do you think arrived then?  And what's your secret source of info?

You can go and count today's if you like:   https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

Of course no doubt this is a scam flight status website set up just to FOOL PEOPLE for the reason that, erm, I don't know, you tell me....

please tell us how many International (not domestic) flights on the BKK list and check the Phuket list

https://www.phuketairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

Edited by Mavideol

23 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Can you please explain how the requirement for insurance is a scam. Many countries demand it and have done for many years, for example Germany for Thai passport holders.

yeah! that's easy, wasn't there before

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vinci said:
28 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

yeah! that's easy, wasn't there before

Again, how is requesting insurance a scam? Do you travel without? Pretty risky these days. Maybe you should check the definition of 'scam'. The definition I read is that it is a fraudulent business scheme. I think that the companies that offer insurance, many of them worldwide companies, might take issue with you on that.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, jacknorman said:

an average of 291 passenger pr international flight

My maths come to ~ 175.

At this run rate - not sure how much of this is pent-up demand - 5 million (for all of 2022) should be no problem.

4 hours ago, koolkarl said:

If they checked the aqi  or air quality index, 21,000 will leave within the week.

Air is toxic in most of Thailand.

Air is toxic in many countries around the world .

Get honest