The boot's on the other foot for Thai tourists - Cambodians want 7,000 baht for an ATK test

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

They didn't have the cash.

There is no reason a Thai is not double vaxed as they were in front of the queue well before Falangs were allowed, outside of BKK, and yet they have money for a trip to Cambodia :violin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stat said:

Prople from other nations are usually fully vacinated with 2 shots, otherwise unlikely they entered TH.

and the expats on retirement visas who swear they'll never get a vax.

Perhaps the high prices are there to discourage non vaxed from going to Cambodia, ya think?

It's not like they are requiring the spendy test of everyone....

so good for them.

4 hours ago, stat said:

I like Thailand and the Thai people. However "good" so see them learn how it feels being ripped off as falangs in other countries for a change.

I think they call that "Som nam na"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even tho Omicron is  being dismissed as a mild Covid/cold , many people still have to be hospitalized and there are also very vulnerable people who have not been correctly vaccinated ( country folk) .

So , why put people at risk, who wants to sit next to an un vaxed person on a flight for example , a bit of thought for others wouldn’t go amiss.  I still believe travelers should be obliged to be vaccinated and tested,  and not allowed to board flights, or enter foreign countries without. ( except of course people with valid medical condition with proof). 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

At least they are not carted off to overpriced hospitals, Hospitels, or hotels, and being charged questionable prices and fees. As the Cambodian ATK test fee is fixed, at least people arriving know how much to pay.

What happens if you fail the ATK test.  Are you not "carted off" then?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geisha said:

Even tho Omicron is  being dismissed as a mild Covid/cold , many people still have to be hospitalized and there are also very vulnerable people who have not been correctly vaccinated ( country folk) .

So , why put people at risk, who wants to sit next to an un vaxed person on a flight for example , a bit of thought for others wouldn’t go amiss.  I still believe travelers should be obliged to be vaccinated and tested,  and not allowed to board flights, or enter foreign countries without. ( except of course people with valid medical condition with proof). 

Any idea that you are saying BS and that we are all made to die soon, especially the weak and old ?

If my Mom dies, it's just logic, but you do not seem to understand.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, stat said:

Prople from other nations are usually fully vacinated with 2 shots, otherwise unlikely they entered TH.

Thais are much more likely to be vaccinated than other nationalities. 

• Haha 1