KERRY: (Phone cannot be reached - Our courier will try to deliver again)

Dario

2 minutes ago, seajae said:

the +66 is the country code, dont need it if you are already in Thailand

Why not tell me something else I already know,

Including the country code should not stop a number from working. Many sites will not allow a number without a country code, surprising Lazada allowed it to be deleted, which would suggest that their telephone arrangement is not as reliable as it should be.

22 hours ago, Dario said:

Thanks for the reply. I doubt they have only one delivery vehicle. I always see them coming to our area with the orange pick-up trucks. By the way Kerry Ran-g an delivers to some hub in Rattanaburi and from there they deliver to our home. But I have no idea where their Rattanaburi hub is.

Simple Google search:

KERRY Express สาขา รัตนบุรี - Home | Facebook

KERRY EXPRESS สาขา รัตนบุรี บริการจัดส่งพัสดุ 207 ม.8 ต.รัตนบุรี อ.รัตนบุรี จ.สุรินทร์, Rattanaburi, Surin, Thailand 32130 ... Rattanaburi, Surin, Thailand, 32130. Get Directions +66 98 965 0499. Contact KERRY Express สาขา

• Like 1

3 hours ago, new2here said:

As i know it, entering the exception code of “can’t contact” consignee effectively gets Kerry ‘off-the-hook’ ** for a late/missed delivery which i recall can carry financial penalties to Kerry… . so… there’s a built-in motivation for them/driver to misuse/abuse/falsify this issue.

I also suspect this is what is going on.

What do you think of this excuse when they can't deliver

Recipient asked to re-schedule

We get these message in Lazada from a delivery company (Not Kerry which in our Area is great)

Already complained many times to Lazada about that Company!!

Edited by MJCM

23 hours ago, Dario said:

I always prepay with credit card. Yes, occasionally I do receive packages from that hub. I guess, they not only have one driver there. The other 50% of deliveries come with Flash Express. And I can certify that FE in my area works fast an efficiently.

I don't like the idea of a visit. there hub is a bout 70 km away from our home. with the gasoline price over 40 Baht/litre I'm not inclined to go there. 

I usually contact the seller, but they tell me, they cannot help.

Depends on the area and branch. In my area (Samui) I got packages shipped with FE recently...never seen such bad service. I got hundreds of shipments with Kerry, Thailand Post, Ninja Van, no problems. The FE mob lies they call the phone (nothing in the log), at the moment they are chasing 2 packages received and signed off by me...but I was away for 10 days, so no idea who "signed" it and where.

It always depends on the delivery person and the local hub management.

At a condo in Bangkok Kerry are the worst, they also do the "customer didn't answer phone" game even though I never got a call. At other locations Kerry was OK.

On average Flash Express is probably the best company, the big advantage is also that in the app you get the phone number of the delivery person as well as your local hub, so if there is any problem it's usually easy to solve, with Kerry you have to go through the call center.

Sadly Lazada doesn't tell us what company the seller will use, and also doesn't offer an option to choose.

I live on the outskirts of town,difficult to find, I left short instruction on the address info and also a note on the address info saying that if no one in ok to leave by door. Pay at 7/11 and never a problem, lot of times left even if I'm in and don't hear the phone etc.

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Thai addresses are really hard to find in many areas esprcially in the sticks.

I don't know about elsewhere in Thailand, but I'm always intrigued to see that on our water bill the GPS coordinates of the meter are shown to 6 decimal places. A long time ago I suggested in a Lazada customer survey that to assist delivery they include a panel where customers can put that data. Unsurprisingly, nothing came of it. I don't bother with their surveys any more.

• Like 2

OP unfortunately this forum not own Kerry so not point complaining on here. You need to contact them as suggested on here and let your wife do the talking. We find Kerry provides a first class service. Suggest you use cash on deliveey in future.

On 5/5/2022 at 10:21 AM, MJCM said:

What do you think of this excuse when they can't deliver

We get these message in Lazada from a delivery company (Not Kerry which in our Area is great)

Already complained many times to Lazada about that Company!!

that’s the same as can’t contact.. it probably gives them a “pass” for what would otherwise be a missed delivery and I’d suspect also carries some kind of penalty based on their larger Lazada contract. 

so.. there’s an definite economic incentive for the delivery firm to misuse/falsify this and related exception statuses….

note that the SELLER doesn’t actually get paid (on COD shipments) until the actual delivery takes place— so they too are kind of getting shafted as well when delivery firms misuse/falsify these two delivery exceptions.

So.. it’s pretty much down to who has the economic incentive.. the delivery firm has minimum downside (aside from nominal costs incurred with re-handling a package a 2nd/3rd time) and helps to protect them from financial minimum performance metrics when they enter these kind of codes ..

so if they are short of delivery staff — perhaps they claim “can’t contact” a few customers …. and magically their delivery volume now matches the staff they do have…. maybe some drivers call in sick and it just so happens the same day customers call-in to reschedule their delivery — magically their delivery volume again matches their staff..

On 5/5/2022 at 6:59 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

It isn't just Kerry. All the companies are the same. My particular gripe is the 'Recipient couldn't accept package' or similar nonsense, when the truth is they didn't have time/couldn't organise themselves to deliver when they were supposed to. It has to be you fault, not theirs, because this is Thailand so it's always someone else's fault. You just have to live with Thai-level service standards. It's irritating, but there are worse problems to have.

I agree.. for the most part anything that has a large element of accountability AND also provides for easy and objective documentation makes some businesses here …. nervous..

it’s effectively hard to “hide” service failures when the proof/data is readily “out there” AND can be captured and documented.

Hence the fallback and largely unchecked use of customer-initiated or uncontrollable delivery exceptions… be that “can’t contact”, “customer rescheduled delivery”, “address unknown” or the like… which provide the perfect “cover” for what would otherwise be properly labeled as service failures. 

• Thanks 1