KERRY: (Phone cannot be reached - Our courier will try to deliver again)

Dario

Its clear what you have to do is wait for an administrator with kerry or call kerry their help desk.

Then tell them that you never get called and can show call log. Ask them to check call log of delivering side.

I have done this in the past and after that things became better as the courier got a complaint.

Also make sure that the phone nr in lazada is indeed correct.

• Like 2

Do you prepay or use CoD?

Have you received any packages from Kerry?

You receive deliveries from other logistics companies? Thai Post?

You use your wife's mobile number? I assume her phone is in working order and that she can receive calls? And no missed calls?

Is a delivery driver identified - they usually are by name?

5 minutes ago, Dario said:

After our item arrives at the Kerry Surin hub of Ra-ngan

Maybe give them a visit bearing gifts and foodstuffs.

And tip the driver 20 baht going forward.

I'd complain to the seller, they can put pressure on Lazada and/or Kerry.

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Do you prepay or use CoD?

Have you received any packages from Kerry?

You receive deliveries from other logistics companies? Thai Post?

You use your wife's mobile number? I assume her phone is in working order and that she can receive calls? And no missed calls?

Is a delivery driver identified - they usually are by name?

Maybe give them a visit bearing gifts and foodstuffs.

And tip the driver 20 baht going forward.

I'd complain to the seller, they can put pressure on Lazada and/or Kerry.

I always prepay with credit card. Yes, occasionally I do receive packages from that hub. I guess, they not only have one driver there. The other 50% of deliveries come with Flash Express. And I can certify that FE in my area works fast an efficiently.

I don't like the idea of a visit. there hub is a bout 70 km away from our home. with the gasoline price over 40 Baht/litre I'm not inclined to go there. 

I usually contact the seller, but they tell me, they cannot help.

9 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

CoD provides an extra incentive for everyone to insure a timely delivery.

The final hub is 70 Km away? Ouch. With only one delivery vehicle - I hope it's not a motorbike - and the rising fuel prices you mention, I can see them struggling to make deliveries.

Thanks for the reply. I doubt they have only one delivery vehicle. I always see them coming to our area with the orange pick-up trucks. By the way Kerry Ran-g an delivers to some hub in Rattanaburi and from there they deliver to our home. But I have no idea where their Rattanaburi hub is.

Kerry service point for area are in the google map

Best to find local service point because visit can help with problem

Local service point can also give help on return product if require

Service point not far from home becuase motorcycle pickup in these location

Visit to service point can check if contact number correct from lazada customer

Just a thought @Dario, is your wife in the habit of blocking unknown phone numbers? Personally I always do that. (except when a delivery is due of course)

Do check with her or you might never know!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Just a thought @Dario, is your wife in the habit of blocking unknown phone numbers? Personally I always do that. (except when a delivery is due of course)

Do check with her or you might never know!

No she doesn't. But thanks for the tip!

• Like 2

Let's say a company ................... won't name names!!!!........  calls me and says they are here.

I go downstairs and outside.   nope.

give to Thai lady, she calls back.    They are 20-minutes away.  

or, if I don't understand and there isn't a Thai lady here, 99% of the time they are calling to tell me it's at the local office because they know I'll go there.

phone call means it's in town.    that's all i've figured out.   if it's many hours after the phone call and I really want it, I go to their nearest location.  

One thing my wife told me: Kerry always sends an SMS saying: "We will send you a parcel today and will call you later. At around 19:00 they mark on the tracking site: Phone cannot be reached. Our courier will try to deliver again." I attach a screenshot.

I called Kerry at 1217 and was able to speak with one of their people. The lady said she will try to co-ordinate that the parcel will b delivered to us today. Let's see.

IMG20220504163052s.jpg

Edited by Dario

A woman called my wife at 16:58 this evening (could suddenly call?) and said that the driver can't come today, that he drove to a wrong place (expert driver?). He would come tomorrow.

Edited by Dario

As i know it, entering the exception code of “can’t contact” consignee effectively gets Kerry ‘off-the-hook’ ** for a late/missed delivery which i recall can carry financial penalties to Kerry… . so… there’s a built-in motivation for them/driver to misuse/abuse/falsify this issue.

What I’ve done is take screen shots of the time/date and divers name.. then i GO TO the Kerry shop where this action takes place… i file a written complaint and provide the documentation … 

In 99% of the cases i’ll never see that driver assigned to me again (good for me and good for him) and most importantly, I’ve not had them misuse/abuse/falsify since. 

**Similar to how “weather delay” for airlines and “covid” for hotels and many other service-based businesses can be misused.

Edited by new2here
  • Like 2

Where I live, in Ratchaburi, Kerry is the best delivery service.  I never have a problem with them.  Flash Express is the worst.  More and more of Lazada deliveries seem to be going to Flash.  They must be cheaper.

• Like 1

It isn't just Kerry. All the companies are the same. My particular gripe is the 'Recipient couldn't accept package' or similar nonsense, when the truth is they didn't have time/couldn't organise themselves to deliver when they were supposed to. It has to be you fault, not theirs, because this is Thailand so it's always someone else's fault. You just have to live with Thai-level service standards. It's irritating, but there are worse problems to have.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rwill said:

Where I live, in Ratchaburi, Kerry is the best delivery service.  I never have a problem with them.  Flash Express is the worst.  More and more of Lazada deliveries seem to be going to Flash.  They must be cheaper.

I also live in Ratchaburi , and no word of a lie , Flash Express is 24 hours quicker than Kerry.

No longer see the Kerry Orange van anymore , just some dude and his chick role up in their pick up and deliver..

Suffered similar issues. Messaged that they would deliver next day. I live alone. Wait at home all day & NO delivery. Happened several times. Phoned Kerry head office, 02 number. I was lucky to get a very plesant operator who spoke perfect English. She understood my issue. Instead of me holding she suggested she call back after investigation. I thought that would be the last I heard. Good to her word she called back in about 20 minutes. Said she had called the local Kerry officer manager. Item delivered first thing next morning. Not one problem since. Oh, I now always tip the delivery guy.  Cheers.   Mal.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Refuse delivery on late items at the gate.

Then Kerry don't get paid, but have spent the delivery money.

OP prepays via CC.

And if you pay COD with Lazada that can cause Lazada to refuse you the option to Pay via COD if you refuse packages to often!

• Like 1

I've just had an similar problem with Kerry. They  failed the delivery the first time, then claimed it had been delivered on a second attempt later that night.

I managed to get an operator on their chat line, but had great difficulty getting them to understand the package wasn't delivered. They preferred to believe the driver's statement that he had given it to me personally. Eventually they agreed to investigate and get back to me.  They didn't.

Fortunately people from another property, where the driver had left it, brought the package to me late the next day.  I thought of letting Kerry know I now had it, but have decided to wait until they contact me as promised.

Flash are no better. They also failed a recent delivery, but claimed they had given it to me. They even had my electronic signature to prove it, a straight line slash!  I had great difficulty getting them to believe it wasn't me. I used strong language and got Lazada involved, eventually the driver turned up with the parcel a few days later claiming it went to the wrong place. It had been opened and taped up again. I have my suspicions about where it went!

Both companies have delivered goods here many times, but seem to have employed new drivers with little skill in finding places. 

Find the number of the Kerry Head Offices - Corporate offices in BKK. I believe they are in BKK? Call them n ask to speak with the a senior National Distribution Manager or someone like that. This will light a fire under the local branch.

ADDRESS

2nd Floor, Ploenchit Center, 2 Sukhumwit Road, Khlong Toey, Sukhumvit, Bangkok, 10110, Bangkok, Thailand
PHONE NUMBER
026 868 999
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Dario said:

I always prepay with credit card. Yes, occasionally I do receive packages from that hub. I guess, they not only have one driver there. The other 50% of deliveries come with Flash Express. And I can certify that FE in my area works fast an efficiently.

I don't like the idea of a visit. there hub is a bout 70 km away from our home. with the gasoline price over 40 Baht/litre I'm not inclined to go there. 

I usually contact the seller, but they tell me, they cannot help.

I have the opposite Flash is the worst on Koh Chang, Truck was full will come tomorrow etc etc, the Kerry driver is a local always comes and rings my bell and when sees me opens my gate and brings it right to my door but I only ever pay COD.

22 hours ago, Dario said:

This is a blatant lie, because my wife's mobile is open day and night and never silenced. I get no help from Kerry. On Livechat I'm told that admin is too busy, every time the same. If I write or call to Lazada, it is the same: no support.

I had the same problem a while back with my wife's phone which gets used for my deliveries and the driver kept complaining to me. One day my wife was there and the driver showed her his phone, the number was correct but there were some strange digits in front.

I checked the lazada profile and couldn't see a problem but decided to delete the +66 in front of the number. Hasn't been a problem since.

we have had kerry do this as well, they claim they cannot call you but they never tried in the first place, to save face they lie, I have had other couriers do it as well, they do not want to look bad so say they called when they never did. I have had frozen food thaw and have to be tossed because the courier kept lying about calling, 3 days after it was supposed to be delivered they showed up. Problem is the actual end deliverer, if you are a bit out of the way they keep putting you off but have to admit since I did a huge song & dance to the various couriers about it and how their drivers are a pack of a holes and are simply making excuses because they are too lazy to deliver we now get deliveries from them all on time, took a lot of bitching and really going to town on them but it has worked

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I had the same problem a while back with my wife's phone which gets used for my deliveries and the driver kept complaining to me. One day my wife was there and the driver showed her his phone, the number was correct but there were some strange digits in front.

I checked the lazada profile and couldn't see a problem but decided to delete the +66 in front of the number. Hasn't been a problem since.

the +66 is the country code, dont need it if you are already in Thailand

Possibility.

Van is loaded with parcels for a given area/route, driver runs out of time and cant get them all delivered that day, hence "try again" type message. Its not a lie, its a system message that they were in that area but coukdnt make it that day probably due to volume /locations etc.

Thai addresses are really hard to find in many areas esprcially in the sticks.

We have had this a few times, they always come next day.

Kerry in our area are by far the best. As with so many things in Thailand cinsistency is rare.

22 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

CoD provides an extra incentive for everyone to insure a timely delivery.

The final hub is 70 Km away? Ouch. With only one delivery vehicle - I hope it's not a motorbike - and the rising fuel prices you mention, I can see them struggling to make deliveries.

COD is a pain because you have to spend the whole day at home so I never use it