Bored need help

Im totally bored with my living arrangements. Living in Oz. Bogan city. Over it. Dont enjoy the culture at all. So bogan so boring.

What should I do?

1 go travelling for a year? Hard with covid

2 Base in Siem Reap

3 Base in Phillipines

4 Holiday for 3 or 4 months every year mainly Thailand with border hops

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Sometimes changing the geography doesnt help the problem, because wherever you go, you are right there.

True, but it can change the direction for a few years, and also the contrasts and interests.

Sometimes a new start is good

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

I visited Oz a few years ago and found it boring. Travel to Indonesia and rent/buy a motorbike - take yourself on a tour of Java. 

Depends what you want. The landscape is a bit boring, but there is no better place in the world to find solitude...even to the point of losing your life.

See the documentary "Salt"... breathtaking scenery.

We try to do Winter in Thailand and Winter in Australia.

Edit. Where are you in Oz if you don't mind me asking?

Bogan city could be anywhere.

Edited by sipi

Knowing you like multiple if not most countries around TH, you plan to do easy visa and border hopping, it is quite sensible to just mix all the countries without needing any visa at all. You could go to Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos etc without any hassle. 

I think that is the holy grail too as you are not staying too long to get bored + I would also not go in the hottest months here.

In terms of restrictions I not really get your point, it's easy to go to Malaysia, Philippines or Thailand already right, so enough choice / options to make it a year, visa wise too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

10 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Like driving

Kayaking

Buses ok

Budget limited

Thailand beautiful to explore by driving, Mexico and Phillippines beautiful kayaking, buses good in Pattaya and  still good for limited budget. 

Edited by Hummin

5 hours ago, Grecian said:

Need to know more details. 

your asset value. State pension situation. 

But if I were in what I guess your situation to be, i would learn to teach English and make a life outside bkk.

This is no state pension

Get a scooter, or motorcycle, backpack, and do OZ first, since having 30+k kms of coastline.  Do about 100 kms a day, and that will take about 1 year alone.  Or just overnight when your butt gets sore, explore the local area, till bored, then move on.  May have to loop around again though, as you missed a few spots ????

When done with OZ, after a year or so, reassess.  By then international travel should be easy.

9 minutes ago, Jotnar said:

Get a scooter, or motorcycle, backpack, and do OZ first, since having 30+k kms of coastline.  Do about 100 kms a day, and that will take about 1 year alone.  Or just overnight when your butt gets sore, explore the local area, till bored, then move on.  May have to loop around again though, as you missed a few spots ????

When done with OZ, after a year or so, reassess.  By then international travel should be easy.

Nah ive done oz a lot. Prefer asia

• Like 1