What would you do if had time over?

Certainly not marry young nor have kids when young. Get more higher education and pursue self employment. Then have the freedom to travel for work and pleasure.

I would have become a multi-millionaire by following my own advice. I would have refused to have any relationship with a Western woman that lasted a year, due to punitive family laws in Australia.

I probably would have retired at age 45 or so, independently wealthy, and come straight to Thailand for the rest of my life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I would have become a multi-millionaire by following my own advice. I would have refused to have any relationship with a Western woman that lasted a year, due to punitive family laws in Australia.

I probably would have retired at age 45 or so, independently wealthy, and come straight to Thailand for the rest of my life.

Me too

Well I did marry young, I also had kids young as well, both of them ( boy & girl ) are now into their late 40s, both settled, although I'll never be a grandfather, one doesn't want kids & the other can't have any, no big deal, everyone is happy.

This one is easy. On 22nd of April did Euro millions lottery having been in the UK a few days, just for 4 goes, not checking previous results. Looking at the results last night my numbers had come up, but not for the days I did but was a winner on the 19th April! So obviously if I had the time again I would have done the numbers on the previous Tuesday. No way I am telling the Mrs when I get back to Bkk, she would never stop going on about it. 

• Haha 1

I would have become taller earlier. When I left high school, there were a bunch of guys 4 inches taller than me. When I went to the 20th annual reunion, with the same guys, I was 4 inches taller than them. But by then, for a lot of reasons, that came too late.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

You know! If it´s good, it´s just good. Perhaps, judging out of you opening of the thread and second post, might be something you have not experienced.

As it is, I have nothing to go back and change. Life´s just been to good.

Ok so you are a billionaire who slept with super models. Fair enough.

• Confused 2

It's easy to say I would have bought Amazon and Netflix shares at their launch and sold at their peak or whatever and it would have changed my life but the reality is would I want to change my life?  

Despite looking back at all the mistakes I've made (and there have been as many as the stars in the firmament ????) I've still managed to enjoy so much. 

As @Gottfrid has already said life is good. I wouldn't want to give up the fun I've had and swap it for, an admittedly more comfortable existence, but end up being bored spitless. 

Edited by Farmerslife

5 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Ok so you are a billionaire who slept with super models. Fair enough.

Thank you for sharing your values of life. Very shallow and materialistic. I guess my values just differ from yours. Anyway, I do understand why you did not have time to work in a good pension or plan for old age. Probably just too busy chasing bed time with super models.

For answering you childish assumption. No, I am not a billionaire, but doing really good like it is. Neither have I slept with any super models, or have the urge to feel the unnatural shapes and forms that have been artificially created on their bodies. I have a great family the consist of a wife and two children, and we can afford to give ourselves what we wish for whenever we want it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Lets say u go back to age 18 start again. What would u do?

Marry young?

Join the army?

Travel?

Move to Thailand earlier?

Pursue something totally different?

Have kids young or older?

Choose another country to live?

Travel much more. If 'going back' means to the year when I was 18, then yes, move to Thailand (but not if I were 18 in 2022), because back then it would have been worth it. Perhaps put more effort into emigrating to the country I actually wanted to when I was 18 (and no, it wasn't Thailand). Then getting married.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 4:55 AM, Sparktrader said:

Why would you want the same life?

Be like watching the same movies over

I would not mind going back as long as I could take my accumulated wisdom of 70 years back with me. Well understood: Back to 1952, and not as a starting point in 2022, as I think that my accumulated wisdom of 70 years would not do me any good in a future digitalised world. A world that has decided to be governed no more by "common-sense" but by some algorisms.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 12:48 AM, BritManToo said:

I'd not get married or co-habit in the west.

Save my money and have holidays in Asia every 6 months (temples and beaches).

And be a GBP millionaire when I retired (age 45) from all the money I had saved.

I'd also never have had a live together relationship in a western country, and would not have got married in Thailand.

However I doubt I'd have got rich as I'd have spent all my money on women in Thailand on holidays.

As for the rest, I would still join the military as I had a great time in it and saw a lot of the world including Antarctica which was the absolute best time I ever had in my life.

I wouldn't go nursing, but I would go work in the Aussie mines as I would have minted it there, and close to LOS.

I'd still have gone to work in London for 10 years, but as a tube driver- loads of money, holidays and free travel in London. I'd have done it anyway, but i was too old when I found out about how good it was.