2015 Shoei GT Air liner

PJ71

Does anyone know where i can replace the liner for this in either BKK or Pattaya?

One shop in Pattaya told me he could source one for 5800 baht, i waited for 3 months and he achieved nothing.

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Does anyone know where i can replace the liner.

If google search Shoei GT air-liner it will come with a page showing Lazada selling them, 1,300bht to 4000bht.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

If google search Shoei GT air-liner it will come with a page showing Lazada selling them, 1,300bht to 4000bht.

You have to be very specific with year and size.

Just the sun and clima would make me replace that helmet long time ago. But I do 20-30k a year.

Yes, your helmet does have a lifespan, and a fairly short one at that. The industry standard states that the lifespan of a motorcycle helmet is five years. That is as long as you have not cut its life short by an accident or impact to it. If that happens you should definitely not use it, time to trash it!

Find the date

First locate the manufacturer’s date. Where to find the manufacturer date? Usually you can find it on a sticker underneath a section of the comfort liner. Note: when buying a new helmet be sure to check the manufacturer’s date before you purchase it.

https://www.crampbuster.com/motorcycle-helmet-lifespan/

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

Paddock in Bangkok are the main Shoei dealer in Thailand.... 

They should be able to sell liners and replacement parts - contact them. 

https://www.paddock.co.th/product-category/helmets/shoei/

Other options are to order from your home country and have someone post it over (in normal packaging). 

Example online shop in the UK.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/792

Also you could find out of the liners are interchangeable with other helmets.

i.e. I think Shoe’s inner scull section is inter-changable between helmets.. then you can order cheek pads separately etc. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Paddock in Bangkok are the main Shoei dealer in Thailand.... 

They should be able to sell liners and replacement parts - contact them. 

https://www.paddock.co.th/product-category/helmets/shoei/

Other options are to order from your home country and have someone post it over (in normal packaging). 

Example online shop in the UK.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/792

Also you could find out of the liners are interchangeable with other helmets.

i.e. I think Shoe’s inner scull section is inter-changable between helmets.. then you can order cheek pads separately etc. 

They didnt have in stock for my Shoei helmet, and estimated 6 500,- bath to order one for me. 

52 minutes ago, Hummin said:

They didnt have in stock for my Shoei helmet, and estimated 6 500,- bath to order one for me. 

So there’s your answer, if relying on a Thailand option: 

Alternatively, as mentioned, perhaps order from overseas and ask family / a friend to post the items over. 

8 hours ago, Hummin said:

Just the sun and clima would make me replace that helmet long time ago. But I do 20-30k a year.

Yes, your helmet does have a lifespan, and a fairly short one at that. The industry standard states that the lifespan of a motorcycle helmet is five years. That is as long as you have not cut its life short by an accident or impact to it. If that happens you should definitely not use it, time to trash it!

Find the date

First locate the manufacturer’s date. Where to find the manufacturer date? Usually you can find it on a sticker underneath a section of the comfort liner. Note: when buying a new helmet be sure to check the manufacturer’s date before you purchase it.

https://www.crampbuster.com/motorcycle-helmet-lifespan/

Reminds me at one time at the rubbish loading dump for fun we put motorcycle old helmets under the wheels of 38 ton lorries, oh yeah that will crush it, some had a crack in them some nothing and we couldn't crush em. 

I have a Schuberth 'flip up' that's my current helmet but i think it's too noisey.

Interesting about people being concerened about the lifespan, in the overall picture it's not that many hours in direct sunlight or are you suggest the materials degrade and impact the safety components with 5 years? this i find hard to believe.

17 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

I have a Schuberth 'flip up' that's my current helmet but i think it's too noisey.

Interesting about people being concerened about the lifespan, in the overall picture it's not that many hours in direct sunlight or are you suggest the materials degrade and impact the safety components with 5 years? this i find hard to believe.

Yeah if I owed a factory that made motorcycle helmets why wouldn't you want a shorter life on a helmet as possible. 

Most now say 5,7 or 10 years.

In England when I found out after buying a Shark helmet and was told by a OCD sport bike rider I should change it after 2 years we started doing tests on old helmets at the dump, after seeing 38 tons being lifted by a motorbike helmet I wasn't convinced. 

I don't race anymore where there is a possible risk so I keep a helmet 10 years replacing liner if I can or change it because it looks used old. 

Riding a bike in most cases I've known throughout the years many motorcyclists died from body injuries due to roadside obsticals. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Riding a bike in most cases I've known throughout the years many motorcyclists died from body injuries due to roadside obsticals. 

But this was ‘outside' of Thailand right? where everyone on those fatalities were wearing a good (approved) helmet ?... 

Thailand is different....  so many do not wear helmets and end up in incidents where a solid 4000 baht helmet would have saved their life when their scull impacted the ground or other hard object. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

But this was ‘outside' of Thailand right? where everyone on those fatalities were wearing a good (approved) helmet ?... 

Thailand is different....  so many do not wear helmets and end up in incidents where a solid 4000 baht helmet would have saved their life when their scull impacted the ground or other hard object. 

You miss my point a bit you can wear a helmet and still easily die from body injuries.

Thailand for sure is different. ????

Wear helmet indeed I do on my big bike what I was referring to was to change a 20,000 - 35,000 helmet is not what I would do after 5 years or even my HSC helmet at 3,200bht.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1