samut prakarn immigration experience - not even toilets available for people

First time I went there for an extension in 2008 a very rude IO tried to find an excuse for not doing it. In the end she said they did not do them there! told me to do it in Bkk, even though we lived in SP. When asked her why they had the forms then she said to the mrs she did not know how she could be with somebody too stupid to understand the rules. The old cow retired not long after.

The only problem with them recently was last year insisting to see a TM30 before giving a queue ticket then another time the TM30 report not recent enough to do a 90 day report, going in a couple of weeks, bound to be a problem.

One of the many joys of living in Suphanburi is the immigration office, always polite, helpful and efficient.

Did my extension based on marriage on Tuesday, a junior officer checked all of our paperwork and glued our pics to A4 for us then ushered us inside to another IO who quickly processed it.

I always ask for up to date documents and a checklist on my last 90 day report before the extension is due.

Yesterday we had our home visit which was quite brief, amicable and efficient. We’ve never been asked for any illicit payment.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

One of the many joys of living in Suphanburi is the immigration office, always polite, helpful and efficient.

Did my extension based on marriage on Tuesday, a junior officer checked all of our paperwork and glued our pics to A4 for us then ushered us inside to another IO who quickly processed it.

I always ask for up to date documents and a checklist on my last 90 day report before the extension is due.

Yesterday we had our home visit which was quite brief, amicable and efficient. We’ve never been asked for any illicit payment.

It's the same for me in Trat., and they have 2 toilets one outside when closed for lunch and one inside, pure luxury.

Several years ago Though the home visit "we pay 'hic' :burp: felly to come'' ''No you don't it's free for you, and anyway you wanted to come and i didn't invite you'' Off they went dog snapping at their heels, never been asked again.:coffee1: The following year the phone call to my missus ''him not drunk this time'' I had told them about last year. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They extorted 17,000thb out of me for an employee's work visa renewal several years ago.

Never again. 

And you paid it. phone 1178. they moved an officer from my I O when a person said out loud why i not get visa i paid you.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

And you paid it. phone 1178. they moved an officer from my I O when a person said out loud why i not get visa i paid you.

What Government Department is at 1178?

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I just take a selection of forms while I am there doing my extension,

ready for next year , from the sound of your post ,i wonder if you

weren't the problem.

Not possible in my local office

The forms are not available for you to help yourself, they have to be asked for, and my passport was checked, presumably to ensure that I'm entitled to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Not possible in my local office

The forms are not available for you to help yourself, they have to be asked for, and my passport was checked, presumably to ensure that I'm entitled to them.

That's the problem everyone of them seems to have their own

rules ,

Regards Worgeordie

• Thumbs Up 1

• 11 months later...

S.P. Immigration is a PITA for me because only accessed by narrow staircase and I walk ( poorly ) with a cane. They also keep changing the parking lot around, though don’t know how much imm. has to do with that.

At the original office I had inquired if my bank book showing the requisite foreign origin deposits would suffice for proof of income at renewal time and was assured that it would be fine. Come renewal time they said at the new temp. office that it was not acceptable and given a xeroxed copy of the “rules” with no immigration dept. or RTP references on it. They evidently just make up their own “rules” at each office.

• Like 1