Na Jomtien and Chonburi Police announce alcohol ban/required seating during 2022 Creamfields Thailand in Pattaya

webfact

1 hour ago, Rael007 said:

A major EDM festival... with no dancing allowed?!  Did I read that correctly?  I suppose a ban on alcohol could be justified, but a mandate to sit in your seat and not dance?  At a massive outdoor rave?  I'm dumbfounded.  Creamfields is a world-famous event.  Did TAT not know what kind of event it was before they paid (presumably a lot) to bring it here?

Bottom line, when they say "...police announced an alcohol ban and required seating (no dancing) during the 2022 Creamfields Thailand..."  my response (and I'd think most everyone's) is "yeah, good luck with that."

It's a catch 22 scenario...

They want the festival to go ahead but are shafted by their own rules.

If it goes ahead with booze & dancing then all restrictions to everything nationwide would have to follow...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, paulikens said:

a dance festival with a dancing ban.  it beggars belief.  you couldn't make this stuff up. outta their minds

Well. Some 3 - 4 months ago there was a discussion on another forum as to whether this planned music festival would go ahead due to current government restrictions. The organisers were well aware of those restrictions, or should have been, and factored in the risk of those restrictions still being in place for the planned event.

Clearly money for receipts was more important than ensuring compliance or perhaps chancing their luck restrictions would be lifted, or rather ensuring people booking were aware of the potential issues which were widely known for a very long time.

It appears that the impact of such restrictions have been ignored and whilst it may appear to simple minds to have a dance festival without music or dancing it is in fact compliance with the current regulations.  It would appear to me that this festival should have been postponed 3 months ago, money refunded as at that time there was no knowing when alcohol and/or dancing restrictions were to be lifted. So today we have people, whom should have used their common sense, now complaining it is stupid. Its clear to me where the stupidity lies and perhaps greed for the revenue from the organisers.

• Like 2

Just seen on Twitter from TPN Media (which this site is part of):

crowds offensively ignoring the rules, swinging their chairs in the air and dancing.

The powers risk to trigger uprise/revolt with their stupid rules.
What they managed: very poor attendance/visitors.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 2