Man arrested in Thailand after fleeing Scotland following indecent images conviction in 2014

webfact

53 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

90 day reporting working well again...............

I dont follow?

Do those on the run typically report to immigration police every 90 days?

Edited by sungod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

That's my point. No criminals go to 90 days. the only people that do are mostly decent honest people. So, what's the point of 90 days nonsense when it fails to catch any criminals ? 

Ah, OK, fair point !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

That's my point. No criminals go to 90 days. the only people that do are mostly decent honest people. So, what's the point of 90 days nonsense when it fails to catch any criminals ? 

If your statement is true, wouldn't it point out to Thai police those not reporting for the 90 day ARE criminals?  And if & when their name pops up somewhere they can be caught?

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

OK.  Serious question...Thai crown contracts, UK crown contracts?

Sorry.......UK from my experience, but maybe Thai as well.......in the UK other questions arise....links to Irish relatives etc (or they did in my time).

Of course a bomb-maker would 'fess up and thus never be employed by the Crown!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Amazing how "you-know-who" is still invisible to the enforcement agencies.

That's because there's only one law enforcement agency interested in him.   He's not in Thailand, apparently, the RTP have no jurisdiction overseas and the country that he is living in does not consider that his traffic offence, as serious as it is, is worth getting involved in for a person who has committed no offences in their country and is not wanted there.

4 hours ago, sungod said:
4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

90 day reporting working well again...............

4 hours ago, sungod said:

I dont follow?

He probably wasn't even on an extension, so the 90 day report is a moot topic. Folks who want to hide from the justice system are hardly likely to present themselves to the immigration police are they.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Sends out a  message  it could  take time but we will get you if guilty of crimes 

Especially involving minors 

<deleted>, he was convicted in 2014. That means they already had him and let him get away.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Do my 90 day reports every 45 days, to confuse them. I like the receipts for Chinese females, and copies of your passport on the backside. Immigration saving money. 

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

He probably wasn't even on an extension, so the 90 day report is a moot topic. Folks who want to hide from the justice system are hardly likely to present themselves to the immigration police are they.

Hence the reason I asked the question in response to '90 days reporting working well'................

And then he clarified.

I was reassured by the photo for reference only.

Unrelated but curious, a chap came into my workplace downunder today, in sunglasses. He was a dead ringer for notorious pedo, Paul Gadd AKA Gary Glitter, as he looks today. The shaved head the white goatee. Not the best look to rock. 

So I'm thinking of growing a toothbrush mustache and cowslick haircut to one-up Mr. Gadds doppelganger.

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why else would they have it?  It's like those forms you have to answer about whether you've ever been a member of a Terrorist Group or convicted of any bombmaking.

Well, they have a legal purpose. Whereas the 90 day report has no purpose other than to keep some parasites in employment.

7 hours ago, sungod said:

I dont follow?

Not turning up should bring up a red flag, so strictly speaking Thai Immigrration should have been looking for this guy after he had only been here for 3 months. How many children he has abused in the intervening 8 years is anyone's guess.

I believe the Scot and Thai police don't give a dam about the extra work evolved. There's a private charity run agencies that goes around head hunting the dirty pervs and alerts the relevant authorities. The agency made a TV program about it many years ago in the wake of Gary Glitter and boosted by Jimmy Savile.