Face masks back on as cabinet votes down end of mandate in June. Nightlife trade slams reopening

webfact

7 hours ago, smedly said:

what planet are these people living 

in saying that - can we have the total Thai government wearing masks because it makes me sick every time I look at them - I vote mask for gov - are there any super sized available that could completely cover their heads or better still - just one huge one that they can wear together at all times .......................... with a big "D" logo .............and the cumulative IQ of them all combined - pretty sure not a lot of ink required 

We KNOW what planet from whence they always speak … the 7th one of course ! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Thais "Risk averse" ?! ???? 

Then explain the appalling Road death statistics,the associated low level of helmet wearing and the generally poor/reckless driving commonplace. For further evidence,the poor health and safety practices vs the countries you compare with. You are correlating unthinking mindless actions with considered practices. Why are many riding a scooter outdoors,fully masked but with no helmet? ???????? 

Because you in front is driving a diesel......????.....????  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, transam said:
5 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Thais "Risk averse" ?! ???? 

Then explain the appalling Road death statistics,the associated low level of helmet wearing and the generally poor/reckless driving commonplace. For further evidence,the poor health and safety practices vs the countries you compare with. You are correlating unthinking mindless actions with considered practices. Why are many riding a scooter outdoors,fully masked but with no helmet? ???????? 

Because you in front is driving a diesel......????.....????  

That diesel is orders of magnitude more likely to kill you by running into you than poison you ! ???? 

8 hours ago, anchadian said:

Then the foreign tourists should be made aware of this

Yesterday evening I viewed this live webcam from Koh Samui.  I saw many foreigners but not one was wearing a mask.

It's like this all over Thailand.

This time of the year has always been known as low season

15 hours ago, anchadian said:

Yesterday evening I viewed this live webcam from Koh Samui.  I saw many foreigners but not one was wearing a mask.

@anchadian who are you the mask police? what business is that of yours???

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

The new motto. "Come visit the land of cowards, where there are masks as far as the eye can see". Even outdoors. Even on motorbikes! Masks, and more masks everywhere. A recipe for a great vacation. Masks and reduced nightlife. Come and have some fun! Thailand is unique. We are one of the few nations left that asks you to wear a mask everywhere you go. And though we already said masks would be scrapped in two weeks, we had a one day spike, and since we are neither courageous nor do we practice common sense, we will keep wearing them for a year or more. Even outdoors. Even on the beach.

Hopefully, we will see alot of civil disobedience. I for one, will not be wearing a mask for much longer. This is getting ridiculous. Defiance is needed now, more than ever! Let us embrace science and common sense. Masks disappear and so does the emergency decree. Kudos to the foreign tourists for ignoring this inane stupidity. Show the locals what intelligence and free thinking looks like. Defy stupidity. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Face mask outdoor ? Does it really mean it is mandatory in streets and in shops and venues as well ? I can't believe it. Notsure it's worth to come back in november as I planned, if they don't scrap it!

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The new motto. "Come visit the land of cowards, where there are masks as far as the eye can see". Even outdoors. Even on motorbikes! Masks, and more masks everywhere. A recipe for a great vacation. Masks and reduced nightlife. Come and have some fun! Thailand is unique. We are one of the few nations left that asks you to wear a mask everywhere you go. And though we already said masks would be scrapped in two weeks, we had a one day spike, and since we are neither courageous nor do we practice common sense, we will keep wearing them for a year or more. Even outdoors. Even on the beach.

Hopefully, we will see alot of civil disobedience. I for one, will not be wearing a mask for much longer. This is getting ridiculous. Defiance is needed now, more than ever! Let us embrace science and common sense. Masks disappear and so does the emergency decree. Kudos to the foreign tourists for ignoring this inane stupidity. Show the locals what intelligence and free thinking looks like. Defy stupidity. 

Not sure to come back in november for six months as I planned if they keep it !!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, daejung said:

Face mask outdoor ? Does it really mean it is mandatory in streets and in shops and venues as well ? I can't believe it. Notsure it's worth to come back in november as I planned, if they don't scrap it!

Weeeell, there's always Scunthorpe, bit chilly in November, but you can use a scarf instead of a mask there......???? ............????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Weeeell, there's always Scunthorpe, bit chilly in November, but you can use a scarf instead of a mask there......???? ............????

Chilly ??? I will more likeky suspend my trip back till they drop it, at least in streets, restaurants and bars

11 hours ago, webfact said:

This comes as the economic recovery is showing signs of slowing again in 2022 while the foreign tourism industry is making a slower than expected comeback

"Expected" by whom? I have seen few comments in here favoring the outlook re: governmental intransigence with their anti-tourism decrees.

9 hours ago, anchadian said:

If they were aware of it, they wouldn't visit Thailand

Edited by daejung
misspelling error

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Come the election they all know what to do, vote him out.

and what if the unelected PM doesn't want to be voted out? He has the soldiers and guns to stay in control.

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and what if the unelected PM doesn't want to be voted out? He has the soldiers and guns to stay in control.

did you notice how those 2 administration without the guns, didn't get voted out ... ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

It’s called "constructive criticism " and far more preferable to blind acceptance,especially viewed in context of a non democratic institution imposing them. I was much in favour of mask wearing when it may have been helpful especially in the pre vaccination era. It has now become seen as largely unnecessary in current circumstances and you are forgetting the negative aspects,particularly the vital social aspect of communication by seeing the face of with whom you are communicating. 
You may want to examine the hypocrisy of your accusation of another "pushing their own views" when that’s exactly what you are doing by suggesting someone else shouldn’t offer constructive criticism and just accept blind acquiescence. 

So here is the first of the day quote "If it offends you so much to do as asked, you are free to return to whence you came from". We criticize this government daily for their missteps and since when do you need to see the face of the person your talking too. Until smart cell phones were introduced you conducted business by talking to someone on the telephone and never saw there face, so try again.  Masks are still viable for many situations......

No one is saying you must blindly acquiesce what has been stated is to follow the mandate this country has made and requested, you are very dispirit in your comments and at the same time have been degrading in your statements regarding the Thai people and their lifestyle.  Ignore is now on.

"Front line workers" I could understand, and maybe approve of.

I was wondering at the proposed "those at risk". I am, and will continue to wear one in public, but how did they plan on impleimenting that provision in law? Ah!  All farang are "at risk!"

Problem solved, Herr Anutin.????