Heinous step-father rapes daughter, 14, for a year causing pregnancy - threatens to kill "drunk" mum to make her comply

webfact

image.jpeg

Sanook Thai Caption: There are no words

Thai media Sanook pulled no punches in reporting a terrible case of a fourteen year old girl from a poor family who told a relative she had been raped repeatedly over a year by her 46 year old step-father. 

Finally wanting to attend school and five months pregnant, she walked 10 kilometers through the Buriram fields to tell her aunt:

"I can't take it any more". 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Chaiya from Phijit admitted everything and is now in the custody of police in Krasang district of the north eastern Thai province.

The girl told her aunt that the abuse began when she was thirteen. Her stepfather was drunk and her mother was out. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

He grabbed her and raped her in a bedroom. He told her that if she told anyone he would kill her mother.

To impress on her that he would actually do this he subsequently grabbed her mother's hair and smashed her in the face.

He would habitually ply her mother with drink to make her sleep so the abuse could continue unhindered. 

After a year of this the teen, now 14, walked though the fields to tell her aunty Than, 60, what had been happening.

The phu yai ban and the police were then informed and the stepfather was charged with rapeof a child under 15. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 9

These news stories about fathers molesting their step-daughters seem to only rarely involve Western men. I wonder if part of the reason for this might be because Western men often have the money needed to pay off irate family relatives, thus avoiding news publicity and criminal prosecution.

These crimes are truly reprehensible and deserve to be roundly condemned, but please don't forget that they occur with disturbing frequency elsewhere in the world, including in our home countries.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, petermik said:

too good for him....hang him high to teach others that this will not be tolerated.

My thoughts exactly. But don’t put the noose around his neck, put it around his junk, then hang him high and see if he’s still such a ‘tough’ guy. Human excrement, needs to to be dealt with accordingly. 

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

These news stories about fathers molesting their step-daughters seem to only rarely involve Western men.

Don't be so sure. It took me seconds to discover it is quite prevalent in the West. 

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/father-daughter-rape

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/father-raped-daughter-almost-daily-jailed-warwickshire-a7450181.html

I remember reading years ago that most rapes are committed by relatives or neighbours. I had a friend who was raped by her uncle in the UK. Bthis story is not so unusual anywhere in the world.

Sorry if you meant Thai girls raped by western stepfathers. I see no reason why they are any different if drunk.

Edited by Purdey
Added to content
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

These news stories about fathers molesting their step-daughters seem to only rarely involve Western men. I wonder if part of the reason for this might be because Western men often have the money needed to pay off irate family relatives, thus avoiding news publicity and criminal prosecution.

These crimes are truly reprehensible and deserve to be roundly condemned, but please don't forget that they occur with disturbing frequency elsewhere in the world, including in our home countries.

Of course they do. But this is Thai news. Why would they report what goes on in another country?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

it's more likely that enough money is saved to pay the police to do something about it

surprised it took this young girl over a year to walk across a field to tell her aunt, maybe it took a year of saving

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

Of course they do. But this is Thai news. Why would they report what goes on in another country?

I think he's talking about it happening in Thailand.  Most Western countries don't allow the bribing of police to get out of a rape charge.

6 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Could they not do it less than Thai men?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Didn't you read that the scumbag step-father threatened to kill her mother if she told anyone?

Exactly. And often times the victim will be holding onto the hope that the abuse will end. Which it rarely does.

12 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

The only points I was trying to make were:

(1) crimes such as this sometimes don't make the news in Thailand because the perpetrator, including foreigners, buys the victim's and her family's silence.  So don't assume that just because these news reports don't seem to involve foreign men very often that that necessarily means foreign men are morally superior or in better control of their darker impulses than Thai men, and,

(2) of course the crime is heinous and deserves to be severely punished, but the bashing of Thai male perpetrators as if they were subhuman along with proposals for medieval punishments, etc. sometimes seems misdirected and overdone, when you stop to consider that these types of crimes occur back home with just as much - if not greater - frequency.

Edited by Gecko123

Just last night my daughter told me that a girl in her school tried to end it all after being repeatedly raped by her step dad. It's clearly not the same case, but I sincerely hope that the same awful fate befalls both evil pr*cks!

Personally, I just cant see the point or fun in having s*x with anyone unless they are enjoying it. This goes for ladies of the night and anyone. I guess it's just a power thing for these scum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...