Visa exempt entry - can the 20k be in any currency?

Are you really that strapped for cash that you can't bring in 500  quid? And then use it here? How do you  intend  to live if you have no money? Using your bank cards will be more expensive  than changing cash. Having a thousand dollars  emergency  money is useful anyway.

10 hours ago, Badger18 said:

Yeah, but I think this rule is basically there to catch you out, or in other words to give them a concrete reason to refuse entry when their real concerns are a bit vague or hard to prove.

'Catch you out' LOL Do you really think that 20K baht is unreasonable?

Do you really  believe the immigration  officers are trying ' to catch people out'?

On 6/1/2022 at 1:06 PM, In the jungle said:

It's a pain that they don't have an ATM air side in Suvarnabhumi. 

I don't really want to be wandering around with 20K in cash in my pocket.  If they had an ATM air side I could withdraw 20K there only if required to show the money by immigration.

For some here, 20,000 THB is less than a good night out costs. ???? 

BTW, in over 25 years and likely 100+ entries by land and air have never once been asked to show funds.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Why did your friend go back a week later? If this happened to me I would never return. Idiotic rule 

Has been living in Thailand part time for 20 years with his Thai lady , has properties and business here. 

This 20k baht on arrival is out of date in this very much cashless society