Newsweek: Putin underwent cancer treatment, survived assassination attempt, U.S. intelligence says

onthedarkside

Screenshot_6.jpg.33c95a7c83b82921576d336978c0f820.jpg

Vladimir Putin's health is a subject of intense conversation inside the Biden administration after the intelligence community produced its fourth comprehensive assessment at the end of May. The classified U.S. report says Putin seems to have re-emerged after undergoing treatment in April for advanced cancer, three U.S. intelligence leaders who have read the reports tell Newsweek.

The assessments also confirm that there was an assassination attempt on Putin's life in March, the officials say.

The high-ranking officials, who represent three separate intelligence agencies, are concerned that Putin is increasingly paranoid about his hold on power, a status that makes for a rocky and unpredictable course in Ukraine. But it is one, they say, that also makes the prospects of nuclear war less likely.

(more)

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-putin-treated-cancer-april-us-intelligence-report-says-1710357

Newsweek.jpg.b2086f340c21a922f5fe0f385c03efd7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Too bad one or the other didn't take him out . World be a much better place without him. :coffee1:

The main problem with desiring assassination of (choose your own favourite bad guy from around the world) is that one can never be confident that his (or her) replacement would turn out to be a model of refinement and moral probity. 

(Mind you, there are some leaders for whom the bar is so low that it would be staggering if the replacement turned out to be worse).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blazes said:

Classic example of fake news (aimed at the Russian people so as to induce further assassination attempts).

Has as much credibility as the "Russian spy" hoax in the good old days when half of America was described as the home of "deplorables".

Propagander.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blazes said:

The main problem with desiring assassination of (choose your own favourite bad guy from around the world) is that one can never be confident that his (or her) replacement would turn out to be a model of refinement and moral probity. 

(Mind you, there are some leaders for whom the bar is so low that it would be staggering if the replacement turned out to be worse).

My wishing or desiring something has no effect. It will not somehow magically lead to that actuality, unfortunately. It's an opinion and sticking to it. If the replacement is worse, then I'll wish the end of them too! ????

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, placeholder said:

A Ukrainian investigative team called Proekt found a very ingenious way to look into the credibility of these rumors. Because the couldn't access intelligence reports, instead they started tracking doctors because hospital records are public. They found that teams of doctors specializing in cancer would be periodically called away and would show up in whatever locale Putin happened to be.

Anyway, the information is offered in great detail. Just follow the link:

https://www.proekt.media/en/investigation-en/putin-health/

Interesting article.  Attention to a leader's health is normal, and it is rare for everything to be disclosed (if only because we are all, no matter who we are,  entitled to some privacy.)

It covers a lot of ground, though it's not clear what is the point of the revelation that Putin believes (or is assumed to believe) in antler blood as a general pick-me-up.  (I seem to recall that Ronald and Nancy Reagan used to consult a numerologist in San Francisco, with the allegation that Ronny consulted her regarding affairs of state!)

The fact that Putin makes foreign leaders sit at quite some distance across a long table from him suggests he has halitosis.

My diagnosis is free, on the house.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, blazes said:

Interesting article.  Attention to a leader's health is normal, and it is rare for everything to be disclosed (if only because we are all, no matter who we are,  entitled to some privacy.)

It covers a lot of ground, though it's not clear what is the point of the revelation that Putin believes (or is assumed to believe) in antler blood as a general pick-me-up.  (I seem to recall that Ronald and Nancy Reagan used to consult a numerologist in San Francisco, with the allegation that Ronny consulted her regarding affairs of state!)

The fact that Putin makes foreign leaders sit at quite some distance across a long table from him suggests he has halitosis.

My diagnosis is free, on the house.

Your halitosis diagnosis is probably correct. That's how cancer detecting dogs are able to detect cancer.

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The US intelligence was spot on when they claimed that Russia would attack Ukraine when Putin and some of the usual Russian shills on this forum ridiculed their assessment. So, I guess that's credibility.

Ha ha.  Well, the Russian troops were indeed massed along the border with Ukraine for several weeks, so it shouldn't have been beyond the brains of the "intelligence" agencies to predict an imminent attack (or "incursion" as Biden was prepared to countenance).

A bit like predicting the sun would rise tomorrow....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Too bad one or the other didn't take him out . World be a much better place without him. :coffee1:

Pretty much goes for all world leaders at the moment - don't think there is a good one among them. ???? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, blazes said:

Ha ha.  Well, the Russian troops were indeed massed along the border with Ukraine for several weeks, so it shouldn't have been beyond the brains of the "intelligence" agencies to predict an imminent attack (or "incursion" as Biden was prepared to countenance).

A few BM's here managed to deny the bleeding obvious and toed the party line when Putin said they were just exercising and then finally claimed they were withdrawing.

14 hours ago, blazes said:

Is that why France, Germany and China are all said not to have believed the intelligence warnings? Or does the sun not rise in China when you're locked up in your apartment?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

Is that why France, Germany and China are all said not to have believed the intelligence warnings? Or does the sun not rise in China when you're locked up in your apartment?

who said that? link please

• Haha 1

Long before I read any reports about his health, I had concerns.  In a lot of his pictures, he looked unwell.  His color is not good and he had an unhealthy appearance.  Then I saw some pictures of him at the long table separated from others by a great distance.   That struck me as very odd for someone who generally tries to portray a tough guy image.   His behavior would suggest he was paranoid or very afraid of catching something and I doubt he was that scared of Covid.

• Like 1