Covid-19 infections could reach ten thousand within 5 days after entertainment venues reopen, Public Health Minister estimates

webfact

I wake up crossing my fingers each day as my trip gets closer as to whether they will lift TP. For good measure time to read up get ready to apply before I leave. 

Trying to figure him out is he throwing these numbers out like Songkran (50,000) if it doesn't happen he shines gets up touts virus is no match for Thailand medical system which indirectly is him " health minister " 

Now 10,000 4 days into the month since official opening let me guess without looking (down)?   Knowing full well everyone has been swapping, spitting, sharing body fluids for months now ????

Definitely frustration starts to set in many times I take it out on other posters not even caring I will be warned and suspended it is already hard being me but add these  head spinning announcements being Thailand I sit in my rocking chair helpless thinking I can't go out like this? I look up the Thai T. V. starts to talk about Monkeypox what it is and how it looks like I look up and Anutin picture! ????

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

entertainment venues had legally reopened in much of Thailand on June 1st.

They have been open for months, just legally reclassified as restaurants. Poor old plod will now see reduced income as bars can now open “legally”

each venue had a high risk as they were loud and people needed to speak louder.

Loud??? Now that's an understatement!

speak louder??? No, they have to shout because the music is so loud!

Mr Anutin, did you know that there are noise laws in this country? Of course they are not enforced just like many other laws. I am sure that many many Thais suffer from hearing damage due to the noise levels that they are subjected to. That is why so many Thais shout instead of conversing normally.

Hearing damage, that falls under "health" doesn't it?

I don't need a decibel meter to know that the music in these venues is excessively loud.

Mr Anutin, why don't you see to it that the noise laws are enforced and maybe people could talk without shouting into each other's faces.

Anyway, they have got to hope that the number of infections does rise dramatically. If it doesn't people will be asking what was the point of keeping these venues closed for over a year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swm59nj said:

I don’t know about increasing that much. But opening the venues can increase the number of cases.
Its up to the individual if they want to take the risk.  

I believe the prediction to be right on the money considering most of the bar girls I have spoken to have had covid.