Woman complains online after getting just this for nearly 300 baht - trader has all the excuses

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: You'd be angry if it was free

Daily News reported on the experience of a woman in Bangkok who ordered food online then went to complain on a site that translates as "We are consumers".

She said she was starving so ordered three dishes for 283 baht.

Two of them were measly in the extreme. 

There was an egg yolk salad with no egg yolk just a bit of salted egg that cost 99 baht, a pork 'nam tok' for 85 baht and some BBQ pork for 99 (that at least was reasonable).

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

She reckoned that even if it was free you'd be cross.

She said she contacted the trader who rejected her complaints saying things were expensive now, delivering online costs her a lot and no one has ever complained before. 

In highly litigious Thailand where consumer complaints can result in the customer being sued for defamation, she only went so far in identifying the store in Ramkhamhaeng, notes ASEAN NOW

She mentioned Udorn and a yellow flower and warned consumers to beware. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

• Haha 1

It seems in this case that the plastic begs were the main costs in this order, the shonkey traders are starting to come out finding excuses of material and labour costs, expect more of the same in the future...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Wife does all my cooking......food is wonderful.....even if it isn't.

I do all the cooking in our house, at least the Western stuff, she does the weird fishy and insect type cooking.  I would be ashamed to resort to delivered food  and concerned about the hygiene standards that produced it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doctor Tom said:

I do all the cooking in our house, at least the Western stuff, she does the weird fishy and insect type cooking.  I would be ashamed to resort to delivered food  and concerned about the hygiene standards that produced it. 

Hand on heart......never ordered in food in my life......never cooked a meal in my life.

Left home at 17 and, by hook and by crook, always had a nice lady to cook for me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Did you marry her? ????

Actually, yes.   10-years later I lost the house, savings, and the judge ruled the Buffalo beat the Buffalo.   Happiest years of my life, until the neighbors moved in……

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Wife does all my cooking......food is wonderful.....even if it isn't.

Wisdom is where knowledge meets with experience.

Hope you got that wisdom without having lived 'too too' many experiences there.

Regards

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

It seems in this case that the plastic begs were the main costs in this order, the shonkey traders are starting to come out finding excuses of material and labour costs, expect more of the same in the future...

Yes things are not getting better as I ordered 2 coffee mugs from Lazada last week and they came in a million pieces. When I complained to the shop they said sorry and that's all. You really have to think about what you buy these days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In highly litigious Thailand where consumer complaints can result in the customer being sued for defamation

Yeah, but can the customer counter sue for defamation for being named in a defamation case ? Being able to sue the person suing you makes sense for me and might lead to litigation being dropped and a double pay off for the customer for slander! (assuming the customer has enough money to pursue it)

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There was a time when people visited shops and food stalls and they looked at what they bought.

I guess I am old that I remember those times. 

They still  so. Why think otherwise? Have you been outside recently? To order in or go  out is not  a binary option. Many people  do both but Thailand  has always been synonymous with food carts delivering food door to door! It's not new. LOL

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They still  so. Why think otherwise? Have you been outside recently? To order in or go  out is not  a binary option. Many people  do both but Thailand  has always been synonymous with food carts delivering food door to door! It's not new. LOL

Thank you for your insider information. Without your valuable knowledge I would certainly be lost in this modern world. 

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Yes things are not getting better as I ordered 2 coffee mugs from Lazada last week and they came in a million pieces. When I complained to the shop they said sorry and that's all. You really have to think about what you buy these days.

2 new coffee mugs???? Wow, what a big Investment. They don't have it at Makro in Fang????????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1