Frustrated with January 6 hearings, Trump turns ire toward his allies

onthedarkside

Screenshot_1.jpg.c563727482c7b9109315a38b81cea7ca.jpg

(CNN)  Donald Trump is growing increasingly irritated with the House panel investigating the January 6, 2021, riot as it lifts the curtain on some of its findings with public hearings that have garnered gavel-to-gavel cable coverage -- much to the annoyance of the TV-obsessed former President.

Tucked away at his Bedminster golf club, Trump has spent the past week venting his frustrations to nearly anyone who will listen. He has also taken his complaints about the committee on the road, lashing out at the congressional panel during a speech to conservatives in Nashville last Friday.

"I don't understand why Kevin didn't put anyone on the committee," Trump has recently griped to those around him, according to a GOP source with direct knowledge of the comments -- a reference to House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy's decision to boycott the select committee after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejected two Republican members he originally chose to sit on the panel.

(more)

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/21/politics/trump-kevin-mccarthy-mike-pence/index.html

CNN.jpg.2fd4f90238f20c72ac325449eed1bac5.jpg

This is what I've been expecting, and here it comes.  In US politics it seems the women are the ones with the balls.

"We were here long before President Trump came along, and we're going to be here long afterward," she said. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/top-conservative-activist-says-trump-is-disconnected-from-the-base-2022-6

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I understand Ivanka isn’t feeling the gentle touch of Daddy’s tiny hands on her shoulder these days.

Apparently something to do with her telling the truth under oath.

Well, I wouldn't be so sure about her telling the truth. Remember how she claimed to accept what Barr had said about the elections in November? That there was no evidence of fraud? Well, a reporter from the NY Times got to see actual footage dated mid December of her speaking in a documentary

Ivanka Trump defended father's electoral challenge in documentary before reversal

“I think that, as the president has said, every single vote needs to be counted and needs to be heard, and he campaigned for the voiceless,” she told a documentary crew, according to the New York Times. “And I think a lot of Americans feel very, very disenfranchised right now, and really, question the sanctity of our elections, and that’s not right. It’s not acceptable.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ivanka-trump-defended-father-challenging-election-documentary-maker

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Well, I wouldn't be so sure about her telling the truth. Remember how she claimed to accept what Barr had said about the elections in November?

She was not under oath for the documentary!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DezLez said:

She was not under oath for the documentary!

So, to your way of thinking, that means her testimony, because it's under oath, is trustworthy? She's a bald-faced liar in the documentary but in her testimony she's honest and frank? Does the adjective "self-serving" mean anything to you? It is to laugh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

So, to your way of thinking, that means her testimony, because it's under oath, is trustworthy? She's a bald-faced liar in the documentary but in her testimony she's honest and frank? Does the adjective "self-serving" mean anything to you? It is to laugh.

What she said under oath is admissible as evidence her father was lying in everything he said/claimed about the ‘Big Steal’.

She threw her ‘Daddy’ under the bus.

Everything she said in a documentary is an attempt to massage her image. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What she said under oath is admissible as evidence her father was lying in everything he said/claimed about the ‘Big Steal’.

She threw her ‘Daddy’ under the bus.

Everything she said in a documentary is an attempt to massage her image. 

Actually the testimony to congress was most likely an attempt to massage her image and to escape sharp questioning. I wonder if she would agree to be called back for further testimony.

19 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

"I don't understand why Kevin didn't put anyone on the committee," Trump has recently griped to those around him, according to a GOP source with direct knowledge of the comments

I think the answer to that is he [Trump] didn't want ANY committee at all investigating his attempted insurrection/coup...

And he used his influence among Congressional Republicans to kill the Democrats' first proposal for an independent investigating commission of prominent public figures (not politicians).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What is there for him to defend?

If he's hopefully indicted then he will his chance.at legal defense the same as any other accused citizen but of course he will have a team of very expensive lawyers.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Or end up getting suspended from practicing law... because of their fraudulent efforts on his behalf....

To paraphrase the most dreadful politician in the history of the U.S:  These republicans who turned up weren't bringing their best people:

They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Also gun nuts, racists and traitors unfortunately.

On 6/23/2022 at 3:41 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

I understand Ivanka isn’t feeling the gentle touch of Daddy’s tiny hands on her shoulder these days.

Apparently something to do with her telling the truth under oath.

I'm not a great fan of Stephen Colbert/The Late Show, normally I find him rather over impressed with himself, however the other day he came out with a great one liner: " Ivanka finally screwed Trump!"

• Haha 2