Thailand officially drops mask mandate in late night Royal Gazette order

webfact

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Not so, there are private spaces and are covered by the last paragraph in the article.

'TPN media notes that private businesses and events have the ability and right to make mask wearing at their establishments and venues required, however'.

Go and try it out if you wish.

give it a few days and the staff will be maskless

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Twisting the figures to match your mandate?

The masks were introduced because of a spike and was not the cause of the spike.

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

There is data everywhere that shows masks do not make a difference.  You can look at what happened in the UK as an example when England removed the mask mandates months before Scotland.   If you were correct that mask mandates work then England would have had a worse outcome.    They did not.  

https://thinkscotland.org/2021/12/did-scotlands-mask-mandate-achieve-any-benefit-compared-to-englands-mask-free-approach/

image.png.b31e0edb3e6c9c4d36f5f1cf70826994.png

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Twisting the figures to match your mandate?

The masks were introduced because of a spike and was not the cause of the spike.

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

if you are in a city with poor air quality a mask might be a good option, can't think of any cities in Thailand :post-4641-1156694572:

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Really, a graph with no evidence to support it from Ian Miller an anti masker who asks $14 for you to read the book....lol. Have you read it?

I did read it, but it just confirms what other studies already say.   Try this one from an NHS doctor from Scotland who was comparing the data between England and Scotland:

https://thinkscotland.org/2021/12/did-scotlands-mask-mandate-achieve-any-benefit-compared-to-englands-mask-free-approach/

The data doesn't care about feelings.   It's just numbers.   I don't know how people can still believe what is provably untrue.  Perhaps if the world was a sterile environment, and people could be programmed like robots to wear properly fitted masks that are actually effective and designed for the size of the corona virus then it could have made a small difference.    The type of badly fitted, ineffective masks that people wear and how they wear them might as well have been capes or armbands for all the good they did.    

Good riddance to them and now the data has been recorded on how ineffective they have been I hope people can never be fooled into wearing them again.   

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, James105 said:

There is data everywhere that shows masks do not make a difference.  You can look at what happened in the UK as an example when England removed the mask mandates months before Scotland.   If you were correct that mask mandates work then England would have had a worse outcome.    They did not.  

image.png.b31e0edb3e6c9c4d36f5f1cf70826994.png

Wrong, masks save lives.

If you want to really find out the truth, look at the studies on the subject that have been carried out by recognizable and accepted academies.

Trying to use this forum as a platform for your conspiracy theories will not work.

Most members on this board can see right through a fake report and graph.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

Dam this means I'll have to shave every morning. 

and grit your teeth and smile even though you've got a nasty hangover and just want to scowl at the world until it goes away. think I'll keep wearing masks outside LOL

• Haha 2

OK, it has been proved that masks work and were very effective in keeping the deaths/infections down.

We have now reached a level where it is seen as becoming safer to go unmasked.

This is what the story is about and not an excuse to spread false information.

Could the conspiracy theorists take there trash to another platform, please?

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

looks like BTS requesting all to wear masks:

"BANGKOK -- BTS Skytrain operator issued a statement Friday saying passengers are still required to wear masks "at all times" while using the system despite the lifting of mask mandate which came into effective just before Friday."

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/posts/pfbid033yQgzZU92jDzAi9ZpuYNAkyN8pTSYCMpnh4HKmYSvQTwjS9yjmPmmNJSrwPVqTcml

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Excel said:

Well that is certainly a move in the right direction as most of the civilized world has already done. A good, but belated move but as they say , better later than never.

My only thoughts now are what is going to be the next move by this unpopular government to scare the poorly educated populace to kowtow to this governments flights of fancy ?

This and most governments take directions from the really big guys .   Think WEF ..... who pretty much has everyone..... and I mean everyone... on their payroll.   If one checks they will see that Thailand did have representatives at the recent "forum"  ,  no doubt to wai and supply the needed swift codes.

• Thanks 1

Just went to a small Tesco without mask, my wife was wearing one. 

They complained with my wife about me. They didn't try to talk with me. 

They said to her that they're waiting instructions from Manager. 

From now on. Any shop that request me to wear one, I just walk away and they lose a customer. I hope to find some shop with more reasonable rules. 

I don't think it is on their interest to lose customers. 

Let's see what happen. 

If someone can share original Thai Gazette in Thai language I would appreciate. 

Thanks. 

• Like 2

Just now, James105 said:

I did read it, but it just confirms what other studies already say.   Try this one from an NHS doctor from Scotland who was comparing the data between England and Scotland:

The data doesn't care about feelings.   It's just numbers.   I don't know how people can still believe what is provably untrue.  Perhaps if the world was a sterile environment, and people could be programmed like robots to wear properly fitted masks that are actually effective and designed for the size of the corona virus then it could have made a small difference.    The type of badly fitted, ineffective masks that people wear and how they wear them might as well have been capes or armbands for all the good they did.    

Good riddance to them and now the data has been recorded on how ineffective they have been I hope people can never be fooled into wearing them again.   

Yes of course you did, then you could scan the relevant parts of data and evidence that backs up the graphs.

Your other link from a free thinking Scottish libertarian website claiming they did better than England, via a naturalistic comparison and ends its article with a link to smilefree.com a website outlining the dangers of mask wearing and against mask mandates, I will pass on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, internationalism said:

looks like BTS requesting all to wear masks:

"BANGKOK -- BTS Skytrain operator issued a statement Friday saying passengers are still required to wear masks "at all times" while using the system despite the lifting of mask mandate which came into effective just before Friday."

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/posts/pfbid033yQgzZU92jDzAi9ZpuYNAkyN8pTSYCMpnh4HKmYSvQTwjS9yjmPmmNJSrwPVqTcml

And if that notice is totally disregarded after boarding what are they going to do I wonder ? Like everything else. mask wearing will die a death, give it till the end of next week when only the scared, and those genuine ones with a cold etc, , will be the only ones bothering

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes of course you did, then you could scan the relevant parts of data and evidence that backs up the graphs.

Your other link from a free thinking Scottish libertarian website claiming they did better than England, via a naturalistic comparison and ends its article with a link to smilefree.com a website outlining the dangers of mask wearing and against mask mandates, I will pass on.

Sigh, the data comes from the ONS to produce the graph that is in the article as I am sure you are aware.  

• Like 1

Just now, James105 said:

Data is data.  It does not care about your feelings.  It's just numbers.

Do you have conflicting numbers that debunk the data I have provided?   If not then you are the one providing conspiracy theories.   Who do you think is faking the data?  The ONS?  The aliens?   

There are many reports debunking your conspiracy theory but this thread is not about that, is it?

As you seem to have enough time to scour through these reports to find the one that matched your agenda, then I suggest you already know that.

As I have already said, pathetic.

Now, jog on.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, James105 said:

The good news for yourself is that you are in no more actual danger from Covid today than you were yesterday.  

Yep,  POOF  and it was all off the front pages to be replaced with the great Russian invasion of the world neigbor next door.

4 minutes ago, James105 said:

Sigh, the data comes from the ONS to produce the graph that is in the article as I am sure you are aware.  

Yet you said you read the book.

The graph I was referring to which is the first one you posted is with data from Germany and Sweden, how does ONS have their data? Sigh as much as you want or provide the data

Edited by Bkk Brian

6 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Locals continue to wear it until someone asks them not to or rather force them to not wear. People been conditioned to follow instructions without debating the merits or lack thereof.

yep,  sure are a lot of those locos on these forums as well .    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Yet you said you the book.

The graph I was referring to which is the first one you posted is with data from Germany and Sweden, how does ONS have their data? 

Yes, you complained about the first one which was advertising a book (a fair point) so I gave you a second one which was produced using data from the ONS and was written by an NHS consultant doctor.  

What is the problem with the ONS data?  Are you suggesting the ONS is faking data as well as another poster on here?  Did Scotland have better outcomes with a mask mandate than England did without despite the ONS data suggesting the opposite?

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

Yes, you complained about the first one which was advertising a book (a fair point) so I gave you a second one which was produced using data from the ONS and was written by an NHS consultant doctor.  

What is the problem with the ONS data?  Are you suggesting the ONS is faking data as well as another poster on here?  Did Scotland have better outcomes with a mask mandate than England did without despite the ONS data suggesting the opposite?

Ok the second one which refers to the ONS positive rate data via a comparison with no data on how that was done, carried out with no scientific review process, by one doctor who is the editor of the website smilefree.org An anti mask mandate website would in my view raise conflict of interest, hence my pass

Edited by Bkk Brian

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ok the second one which refers to the ONS positive rate data via a comparison with no data on how that was done, carried out with no scientific review process, by one doctor who is the editor of the website smilefree.org An anti mask mandate website would in my view raise conflict of interest, hence my pass

I get it.  Once you have been tricked into a position it is virtually impossible to be reasoned out of it regardless of how much evidence you are faced with as nobody likes to admit being fooled.   If there was conflicting evidence that proves that Scotland (with mask mandate) had a better outcome than England (without mask mandate) I am sure you would have provided it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

I get it.  Once you have been tricked into a position it is virtually impossible to be reasoned out of it regardless of how much evidence you are faced with as nobody likes to admit being fooled.   If there was conflicting evidence that proves that Scotland (with mask mandate) had a better outcome than England (without mask mandate) I am sure you would have provided it. 

Nope, provide peer reviewed evidence for your claims and I'll be more than happy to read it. 500 word articles from anti maskers don't cut it for me.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Yes they can, of course they can.

Any business has the right to refuse admission/service on their own property.

the dropping of the mask mandate applies to public areas not private areas.

Who you allow on your property is up to you and not the law or the person wanting entry.

Why do you think that the Police have to get a warrant to enter a private property without permission.

It simply won't be enforced in the next coming weeks. Nearly everyone will be masks off. It's over. Even in drag it out Thailand. It's over..

• Haha 1