Shooting yourself in the foot.

poppysdad

I dont know which country you live in!? How many hour you spend in shop? I have even park middle of street if needed, nobody dont care. If you want spend long time in shop, go market with many free parking lot's.

• Haha 2

On 7/1/2022 at 12:55 PM, 2 is 1 said:

I dont know which country you live in!? How many hour you spend in shop? I have even park middle of street if needed, nobody dont care. If you want spend long time in shop, go market with many free parking lot's.

There are a lot of words for people like you, but I cannot use them on this forum.....

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 12:26 PM, CharlieH said:

Just double park, when in Rome !

Park alongside the obstacle,Thais do it all the time, so now I do the same, no one seems to give a damn so its a pointless exercise them doing it in the first place. Rarely there more than 5 minutes anyway.

There was a story on here a month or two ago about someone being shot dead for parking outside someone's shop. As far as I recall, the owner had told a member of staff to deal with it and that person did the Thai nut-with-a-sledgehammer thing.

And it can work the other way around too. Many, many years ago I read of a soldier who double-parked on Rama 4, a security guard told him he couldn't do that and the soldier shot him dead. Dangerous place, Thailand. Exactly the same as the Wild West 100+ years ago. Challenge anyone and you risk death over the smallest thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There was a story on here a month or two ago about someone being shot dead for parking outside someone's shop. As far as I recall, the owner had told a member of staff to deal with it and that person did the Thai nut-with-a-sledgehammer thing.

And it can work the other way around too. Many, many years ago I read of a soldier who double-parked on Rama 4, a security guard told him he couldn't do that and the soldier shot him dead. Dangerous place, Thailand. Exactly the same as the Wild West 100+ years ago. Challenge anyone and you risk death over the smallest thing.

Whilst some may think that dramatic, its is , or can be very real. How many Thai news items do we see this and similar loss of control happen. The value placed on life is apparently very low given how easy it seems to be taken in rage.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2022 at 1:24 PM, userabcd said:

If not disabled, could you not park in the nearest place and then walk back to conduct your business? that is what any practical person would do.

Indeed. From what I've seen many expats could use the exercise. Either that or they're on the way to the beach and are wearing an inner tube under their shirt.

On 7/1/2022 at 11:30 AM, poppysdad said:

However if I wanted to go their shop I still cannot park so I go somewhere else to spend my money. A prime example of them shooting themselves in the foot. 

You made a right choice, but keep in mind that those bikes and chairs are because of some particular Thai people who park and god knows where they go. 

On 7/1/2022 at 11:31 AM, Kwasaki said:

Park next to the chair. 

I think many people have been in Thailand too long and it is rubbing off on you. Just park your car down a few streets and use your legs to walk to the shops, who knows the exercise might so you some good?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

I think many people have been in Thailand too long and it is rubbing off on you. Just park your car down a few streets and use your legs to walk to the shops, who knows the exercise might so you some good?

I do everything the Thai way it's easier. ????

Shooting yourself in the foot would be wanting to visit a particular shop or restaurant, but then refusing to do so because you couldn't park in front.  You do realise that if they hadn't left the space vacant then someone else would already be parked there?  Furthermore, I've found that if you stop adjacent to the shop / restaurant and let them know that you want to buy / eat something there they will usually move the chair and let you park.