Recommendation please for a quiet hotel near Soi Buakhao / Klang - Price range 1000 THB per night

MJCM

We have to go to Pattaya for a couple of days.

So would like to get a recommendation for a good and quiet hotel near Soi Buakhao / Klang.

Price range around the 1000 THB per night

Pool, Breakfast, Parking not necessary

But would prefer clean / quiet!

TiA

27 minutes ago, Espanol said:

LK Mansion

Thx. Great suggestion.

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I have always been a fan of Sutus Court (although parking is a major consideration for me).

Sutus Court 1 around 760 Baht at the moment. Ask for a back room.

Thx. Wife's Sister used to stay with her Husband.

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Travelodge is handily located.

Not a great fan of Soi 15.

Edited by MJCM

6 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

The Avenue

Is that still around?

Another question for the Pattaya members.

Is Soi buakhao still 2 way (especially for Song Taews) or did they made it 1 way already (which they were talking about when I was last there)

6 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Nor me - but handy for soi Buakhao, The Avenue etc,etc

It is all dug up down there at the moment. I would steer clear for now.

Edited by champers
  • Like 2

Best option is Arden Hotel and Residence. North end of Pattaya but close to Klang. Great rooms, large, spacious and well fitted. Extremely clean and modern.

Travellodge is also good value and has fantastically wonderful beds however there is road construction on the soi currently.

2 hours ago, webhost said:

Best option is Arden Hotel and Residence. North end of Pattaya but close to Klang. Great rooms, large, spacious and well fitted. Extremely clean and modern.

Nice one, but double the budget!

33 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I used to stay here almost exclusively. I stopped as the internet wifi was terrible. It's been a while so maybe it's been fixed. They wanted to charge extra for internet access.

The rooms in the newer wing were also very tiny, so if you go this route insist on the older bldg, that is the one with the pool on the roof.

Thx for the tip.

I have never stayed there, but friends have and they stayed in rooms in the building above the reception (same area were that bar area adjacent to Soi Buakhao is) . And they never had any complaints.

Ps: Re Wifi. No issue for me because when I travel I always take out an unlimited 4G/5G data plan, but again thx for the tip

Edited by MJCM

14 hours ago, grs90 said:

Hi. Try the D Hotel which is always spotlessly clean in my experience.  Also nice and quiet.

A good one. Quiet in a short dead end Soi.

Roof top pool is big enough for me but not for the Olympics.

And I have seen them rising prices. Not sure whether they fit a 1000 Baht budget.

Edited by KhunBENQ

14 hours ago, MJCM said:

Is that still around?

Another question for the Pattaya members.

Is Soi buakhao still 2 way (especially for Song Taews) or did they made it 1 way already (which they were talking about when I was last there)

Until last week.

It's still 2 way and a complete mess in the evening.

Walking is unreasonable, most risky way of moving around. You are safer on a scooter than walking.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Areca was offering 850 per night. Big sign out front

May be a new offer but they have had a sign offering that for a couple of years.

There is a catch, if I remember right you had to join a club or something.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is usually more than 1000 but the Areca is always a good bet. Not much 'quiet' around Buakhao, but once behind the doors there it is okay.

2nd the recommendation for Areca lodge, very nice hotel & can usually be had for approx. 1,000 THB (Includes Breakfast). 

9 hours ago, MJCM said:

I have never stayed there, but friends have and they stayed in rooms in the building above the reception (same area were that bar area adjacent to Soi Buakhao is) . And they never had any complaints.

It is a matter of perception, LK Mansion has 3 blocks, rooms above reception are 25 sqm which would be ok for most on a short stay. Long stayers tend to go for the other 2 blocks, the rooms above the bar are 32 sqm and those at the back with the pool are 40 sqm. I suspect both those will be above 1000 baht.

I think possibly the same with R-Con Residences and R-Con Siam just along the road a bit, if they are still open.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

2nd the recommendation for Areca lodge, very nice hotel & can usually be had for approx. 1,000 THB (Includes Breakfast). 

Good price if you can get it.  My mate stayed there a couple of years ago and he was 1700 baht and that was on the Soi Diana side, more in the rear block.

It was 2011 the last time I stayed there, about 1000 baht then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

Good price if you can get it.  My mate stayed there a couple of years ago and he was 1700 baht and that was on the Soi Diana side, more in the rear block.

It was 2011 the last time I stayed there, about 1000 baht then.

I remember paying approx. 920 for 1 night (including breakfast) & am pretty sure it was during the 2nd lockdown (we were on our way from visiting GF's family in Rayong to Koh Chang & stayed in Pattaya 1 night to catch a mini-van) but I just did a quick check on Agoda & you're absolutely correct, it is 1200-1700 pn at the moment.

Great hotel & (IMHO) worth an extra 200 THB but not sure it's worth an extra 700 (If it were me I would stay at the COSI hotel in Naklua at approx 750 THB pn & use the saving on Bolt taxis).