Fans of Liverpool/Utd furious: Early ticket holders paid double, criticism of shambles "years in the making"

webfact

Typical Thai rip off prices thinking they can make big money that’s why I refused to pay I have Liverpoolfc go  cost just over a 1,000 baht a year I’ll be watching the game tonight live won’t be surprised if the stadium is half empty 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Both teams are 'Reds'

Did the fans who payed full price not buy their tickets 2 years ago when the match was announced, and before Ronaldo re-joined the Filth.

The match may have been in the planning for 2 years, BUT tickets only went on sale earlier this year. So another typical ASEAN Now uninformed comment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Orinoco said:

Don't think they will make there flight, we are talking about Manchester united fans, here.

Reckon most will just get stuck in the Ladyboy bars of Bangkok. :giggle:

No room for them to get in, full of Tottenham.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

One wonders if it's on the Television why pay to go in person. 

Isn't that like watching live videos of Thailand rather than visiting? No fuss with entry requirements, mystery fees, baggage handler strikes or dual pricing. Save a fortune...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Orinoco said:

7,000 baht to watch a football match, Dumbo's.

Better than the 20,000 baht+ being  charged online. However, even 80plus quid for what amounts to an  exhibition match is still way over what it's worth.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Why do people the world over attend sporting events when they can watch in the comfort of their homes? The atmosphere. The occasion. The getting out of the house and away from a screen that dominates so many peoples lives now. The memory of actually having done something different from a quotidian existence. . .. etc,, etc. 

With a price tag of from 7000 baht up to 15000 baht for the privilege?

Some people"have more money than sense" as my Dad used to say!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sambum said:

With a price tag of from 7000 baht up to 15000 baht for the privilege?

Some people"have more money than sense" as my Dad used to say!

It might’ve been apposite to explain to your Dad that those people indeed had the sense to acquire the means to afford such indulgences… 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Flink said:

Better than the 20,000 baht+ being  charged online. However, even 80plus quid for what amounts to an  exhibition match is still way over what it's worth.

What something is actually worth is determined by what they will pay for it. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Tickets for 7,000 baht were going for 3,500 baht, 14,000 for 7,000 and 15,000 for 7,500 baht.

I've read that the organisers were originally selling tickets for twice the amount agreed with the clubs. The clubs arrive and - guess what - the tickets go back to the contracted price. Coincidence? The usual Thai smoke and mirrors.

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

It might’ve been apposite to explain to your Dad that those people indeed had the sense to acquire the means to afford such indulgences… 

My Dad came from an era where they were more concerned about ensuring that our country remained our country than paying fantastic prices to watch a bunch of overpaid athletes kicking a ball about!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, sambum said:

My Dad came from an era where they were more concerned about ensuring that our country remained our country than paying fantastic prices to watch a bunch of overpaid athletes kicking a ball about!

But we’re all considerably richer now by virtue of not living in the past . We’ve got those fancy calculators and computers now which help us understand that football is an entertainment business and top performers earn their salaries just as movie and pop stars did..

47 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

At Grammar School, us boys used to love watching the girls play rounders in their gym knickers.

Oooooh, those were the days when you could tell that is was a real female.  555

You must find things even more confusing in Thailand where Katoeys are better looking than many farang women ! ???? 

• Haha 1