Cannabis and hemp will become a top new tourism trend in Thailand and a positive soft power, Bhumjaithai MP says

webfact

I work and live in Bangkok since 2012.

1. I still [and sure as hell i am not the only one] absolutely do not know what exactly the rules pertaining to consuming cannabis are, and which level of THC is actually legal.

i also think that the politicians involved in that law have strictly no clue either and have their brushes completely tangled on the subject...

2. Ganja consumption as a tourism asset? In many European countries and others in the world , like Spain just to name one, weed is decriminalized for personal cultivation and use, and it is very easily available (many grow it in their own homes). So unless you arrive from extremely strict places where they would "Blood Eagle" you for half a spliff, people just won.t  bother to come to T. for that reason. 

About the fear of the return of Backpackers and other so-called low quality tourists and cheap charlies. Well, in case one hasn't noticed or got cryogenized for 20 years, Thailand is definitely not cheap anymore, at all, for the most part. Unless you plan to vacation in some remote place between two rice paddies....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Very few actually need it for medical purposes.  It is a non productive brain dead producing drug.

Rich folks aren't successful being in this state of high, unless you were one of the Beatles.  Low money Backpackers, digital nomads and skate boarder types love it.

Are you are doctor? I had awful sinus problems and I tried every pill and spray the doctors gave me but nothing worked. As a last resort I tried medical cannabis and now it's gone. Btw just about every silicon valley multi millionaire smokes it. It is known to enhance creativity.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Might want to take those binders off.  As they decriminalized it for a reason - medical use.

Anxiety, stress, appetite builder for those on chemo/radiation treatments.

I've been smoking on / off for 5 decades, and retired quite early, not rich .. but ... Elon Musk has been a indulging for decades also ... go figure.

I am sure there are medical uses and benefits for some but..................

Elon Musk indulging for decades? He tried it for the first time about 4 years ago. ‘I Have No Idea How To Smoke Pot’ when he did try try for the first time on a live podcast Tesla’s stocks tumbled 6 percent

As anybody who watched that podcast could tell, I have no idea how to smoke pot or anything. I don’t know how to smoke anything, honestly.”

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Asking wealthy millionaires to take up the weed might not be a selling point.

what are you talking about ? nobody is asking anybody to "take up the weed" you are making things up !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

they are very annoying and and in many cases appear to be retarded. Constantly repeating their tired worn out "reefer madness" mantra to cannabis users on cannabis forums. Why don't they start their own anti-cannabis thread and leave the rest of us in peace

Don't you regard that as inflammatory to those who have different opinions from you, this thread is open to all to express their views.

• Like 1

if they cover it under "medical tourism", as it should be within law, there would be several million more coming from countries with strict laws.

Starting with Malaysians, and later on with Chinese, Korean, Japanese.

Affluent tourists, families, tour groups don't mix with each other and ganja crowds would be another niche market.

It's not only gap year students, backpackers, which would be first attracted, but all social groups.

That good popular feeling within thailand from the day ganja was legalised indicates the other asian populations attitude and it itself is large potential to tourism.

Not sure about the USA, europe, where ganja laws are liberal for many years. Still, they would also be 

coming to thailand, if prices are right - surely not yet, with prices higher than in countries with long laxed history

2 minutes ago, bobbin said:

In case you have been asleep for the last 50 years... The debate has been going on at least that long.

And slowly more States have realized the futility of trying to control social behavior that has as it's most significant harmful effect the possibility of arrest and even sometimes incarceration.

And now, in this country, the debate is over. Time for your kind, the ones completely brainwashed without ever investigating for themselves why there has been massive non-compliance, to just shut the eff up.

Time for you to accept the new reality, and stop making a nuisance of yourself by trolling every article that mentions cannabis. We are just laughing at you.

I' pretty sure the OP is:

Cannabis and hemp will become a top new tourism trend in Thailand and a positive soft power, Bhumjaithai MP says

With the issues surrounding that.

What is my kind by the way, it seems you know me and my views and even know how long I have apparently been asleep for.....

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

The Royal Thai Police force will now be having Brain storming sessions 

On how to make money out of foreigners caught smoking cannabis weed ect 

The RTP are going to make so much money by protecting big growers and weed warehouses they really won't need to shakedown tourists - except for sport of course ????

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I' pretty sure the OP is:

With the issues surrounding that.

What is my kind by the way, it seems you know me and my views and even know how long I have apparently been asleep for.....

I already described your kind in my post.

Read and comprehend.

And of course I know your views.. you won't shut up.

There is no negative for tourism.

• Like 1

Just now, bobbin said:

I already described your kind in my post.

Really, so you are accusing me of:

12 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Time for your kind, the ones completely brainwashed without ever investigating for themselves why there has been massive non-compliance, to just shut the eff up.

Time for you to accept the new reality, and stop making a nuisance of yourself by trolling every article that mentions cannabis. We are just laughing at you.

Yet you have no idea of my views on cannabis and I have not even posted in the cannabis section of aseannow

I suggest you stick to the topic and allow others to discuss it without derogatory remarks and false accusations of trolling

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Don't you regard that as inflammatory to those who have different opinions from you, this thread is open to all to express their views.

No I regard it as advisory, what are the anti-cannabis brigade trying to achieve  by repeating    inaccurate, misinformed and more often than not ridiculous beliefs and predictions amongst a majority pro cannanibis readership Are they trying to convert people, ? because I find that unlikely to be a very successful crusade  or is it a form of trolling

What I "advised "was for you all to  join a thread/ forum that reflects your shared ignorance, a place were "rightminded" people can share their morally superior views and vent their outrage to a readership of likeminded people and get all the "likes" you desire without smart assed replies from irritating pro cannabis types

That way the others can discuss the pertinent points of the original post without the constant whinging, irritating interuptions from people expressing their "concerns" many of which are often off topic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bday Prang said:

No I regard it as advisory, what are the anti-cannabis brigade trying to achieve  by repeating    inaccurate, misinformed and more often than not ridiculous beliefs and predictions amongst a majority pro cannanibis readership Are they trying to convert people, ? because I find that unlikely to be a very successful crusade  or is it a form of trolling

What I "advised "was for you all to  join a thread/ forum that reflects your shared ignorance, a place were "rightminded" people can share their morally superior views and vent their outrage to a readership of likeminded people and get all the "likes" you desire without smart assed replies from irritating pro cannabis types

That way the others can discuss the pertinent points of the original post without the constant whinging, irritating interuptions from people expressing their "concerns" many of which are often off topic

Calling people retard is not an advisory just because they hold different opinions, this is about any potential or not benefits from Cannabis tourism

In terms of revenue there probably will be some very good opportunities but the regulations also need to be made very clear which currently they are not.

This is a very good and balanced article published just a couple of days ago that has some clear opportunities for cannabis revenue here in Thailand from tourists but also adds:

Cannabis tourism: how a new travel trend is taking off

Risks for tourists

However, few countries have clarified the legality of cannabis use by tourists with legislation directed at recreational use by residents. This means tourists risk breaking the law unintentionally, by interacting with street dealers and police as well as the health implications of consuming real and fake drugs.

https://theconversation.com/cannabis-tourism-how-a-new-travel-trend-is-taking-off-184293

Thailand has made a major choice turning back Draconian laws. Give the people who made this choice the credit to change and not fear.. Watching from a Californian, the evolvement sure went quickly. I believe some will be helped financially and that has to be good for the poverty here.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Calling people retard is not an advisory just because they hold different opinions, this is about any potential or not benefits from Cannabis tourism

In terms of revenue there probably will be some very good opportunities but the regulations also need to be made very clear which currently they are not.

This is a very good and balanced article published just a couple of days ago that has some clear opportunities for cannabis revenue here in Thailand from tourists but also adds:

Cannabis tourism: how a new travel trend is taking off

Risks for tourists

However, few countries have clarified the legality of cannabis use by tourists with legislation directed at recreational use by residents. This means tourists risk breaking the law unintentionally, by interacting with street dealers and police as well as the health implications of consuming real and fake drugs.

https://theconversation.com/cannabis-tourism-how-a-new-travel-trend-is-taking-off-184293

Not a bad artice, i was somewhat surprised at this bit  " While cannabis-related travellers are believed to be high spending and well educated"  Not really agreeing with the views of the TVF  illuminati,

• Like 1