64-year-old British man reportedly falls into canal in Na Jomtien and drowns

snoop1130

8 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Sad news. 63 isnt elderly though.

1/4 males die before age 65, even more near 70. So yes, that is old, it is just people their insanity to think to become 85 and waste their life working.

It is women who become older on average, and also the average of people getting old is mainly based on rich people, not average or poor earning folks. 

There is a good reason the retirement visa in TH is still at 50, that was the proper age to stop working.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

More like freakin' amazing.  I've tried killing myself more than a few times, luckily failed miserably.  Never thought I'd make it past 30, let alone 40-50-60.

“If I had known I was going to live so long, I’d have taken better care of myself.” Billy Noonan

I don't exercise too strenuously, as I figure my heart is good for so many beats ... so I don't want to use them up any faster ... ????

I actually go to work an hour or so early every day and do 20-30 minutes walking around the supermarket car park to get some exercise. My job actually involves driving, 90% of it, so I have to get some exercise.

18 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

1/4 males die before age 65, even more near 70. So yes, that is old, it is just people their insanity to think to become 85 and waste their life working.

It is women who become older on average, and also the average of people getting old is mainly based on rich people, not average or poor earning folks. 

There is a good reason the retirement visa in TH is still at 50, that was the proper age to stop working.

Not affordable for most. Avg farang lives to 84 or so for a male. 34 years no work.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Not affordable for most. Avg farang lives to 84 or so for a male. 34 years no work.

That is complete nonsense, the average MALE farang lives 1/4 to 65, 2/4 to merely 70-73 years old. The high numbers in rich countries come mainly from above average rich people too, who retire early and live comfortable lives. 

Not being able to retired young is only a choice, specially for those around that age, if you didn't manage to get that done you simply failed life.

Just this nonsense propaganda to convince the workers to work longer, because some half baked statistics not providing you the insight details, told you you live longer, so work another 15 years.

What is the point even to become 85 if you worked all of it, to then be a old bean bag with money, that you never spent. It is just funny how people do whatever they are told, without researching a thing.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

That is complete nonsense, the average MALE farang lives 1/4 to 65, 2/4 to merely 70-73 years old. The high numbers in rich countries come mainly from above average rich people too, who retire early and live comfortable lives. 

Not being able to retired young is only a choice, specially for those around that age, if you didn't manage to get that done you simply failed life.

Just this nonsense propaganda to convince the workers to work longer, because some half baked statistics not providing you the insight details, told you you live longer, so work another 15 years.

What is the point even to become 85 if you worked all of it, to then be a old bean bag with money, that you never spent. It is just funny how people do whatever they are told, without researching a thing.

Not correct

Not correct

100% correct, i dare to bet 100,000 baht for it right now. Educate yourself or refrain from speaking I guess. Pension ages have been designed since day 1 to be around the average age of death, that is 71 today, however for 25% males it is before 65 already.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

Babies born today have the highest estimated life expectancy ever recorded in Australia", ABS Demography Director Beidar Cho said. Male life expectancy at birth reached 81.2 years in 2018-2020, increasing from 80.9 in 2017-2019. Female life expectancy also increased to 85.3 years from 85.0 in the previous year.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.abs.gov.au/media-centre/media-releases/life-expectancy-hits-new-high&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjlmNCxoIT5AhUmTWwGHZTZDQ0QFXoECAEQBQ&usg=AOvVaw02SsajhfN1xTdQdnKRwwbV

100% correct, i dare to bet 100,000 baht for it right now. Educate yourself or refrain from speaking I guess. Pension ages have been designed since day 1 to be around the average age of death, that is 71 today, however for 25% males it is before 65 already.

25% is 1/4. 75% live longer.

Avg 81 for male in oz.

Its going up each decade too.

i have rels 90,95.

25% is 1/4. 75% live longer.

Avg 81 for male in oz.

Its going up each decade too.

i have rels 90,95.

This is not the real average, that is just as real as TAT talking about tourist numbers. Real averages are WAY WAY lower, they fooled you twice. Perhaps educate and read before replying 3 times in 3 minutes on something you clearly just read the classic news page update from.

But i am not surprised you talk like this, this is exactly how the majority always listens and does like a sheep, and suffers in life. You live longer, so its ok, work 15 years more, we still cut your pension too anyway.

Take another jab, we will tax your paid off houses more. Etc etc etc. Have fun bro ????

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

This is not the real average, that is just as real as TAT talking about tourist numbers. Real averages are WAY WAY lower, they fooled you twice.

Abs stats are reliable. All recorded in hospitals.

Most people i know who died lived 80+. Only 1 died under 70 except for suicide or car crash.

All my grand parents 83 to 96. Their parents lived 73 to 92.

6 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Every time I read about one of these incidents it brings thoughts of my own mortality. At 66 I seem to be doing well.

R.I.P. Sir.......:sad:

I call it the drop zone .... seen a few drop around me, even younger than I am. And a few with close shaves. So far so good with me.

Edited by BusyB
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

that is just as real as TAT talking about tourist numbers. Real averages are WAY WAY lower, they fooled you twice.

Western hospitals have reliable data.

Ive met lots of 90yos+.

97yo women looked 75yo. Husband was 99yo.

11 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Some enjoy work take yearly trip.

My 75yo mates work. Bored otherwise.

i dont like working but not working boring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Just because he's a regular jogger doesn't necessarily mean he's healthy. He could be a borderline alcoholic, and a smoker, unhealthy diet, for most of his life, and still manage to go for a jog. 

Or worse yet, he could have been "vaccinated" for COVID.

13 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Pensions for males in oz start at 67 or later now.

What if you retire at 50 and live to 90? You might run out of money.

My mate is 76yo totally unhealthy. Prob live to 81 to 85.

Most deaths in 60s be heart or stroke.

9 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Thailand--- Hub of convenient falang deaths!!

I am sure this case will be closed as an accident just like all other foreigners's death cases are.

Could have been a heart attack or a stroke, and they happen on daily basis all over the world, not only in Thailand.

• Like 1

I've posted this before, and this is actual stats of retirement checks dispersed at age 65, from IAM union, NWA ramp/ese/esc job classification.  Average # of check - 18.  In my job classification - 11.  That's why retirement plans are under funded, as they know they'll never need it.

USA Soc Sec has increased the age of retirement, and now 67, born after 1960, I think.  Thinking about raising it again.

I passed my IAM union life expectancy about 19 months ago.  Been an official LPOS FOR 22 yrs.  Working till 65 ... HELL NO ????

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

numbers. Real averages are WAY WAY lower, they fooled you twice. Perhaps educate and read before replying 3 times in 3 minutes on something you clearly just read the classic news page update from.

Post proof then.

My source is ABS.

12 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

What if you retire at 50 and live to 90? You might run out of money.

Precisely.

Working?  Retire when they kick you out.

Edited by VocalNeal

the UK the median age at death was 82.3 years for males and 85.8 years for females and the modal (most common) age at death was 86.7 years for males and 89.3 years for females in 2018 to 2020; these show the typical ages at which death occurs and were very similar to the estimates for 2015 to 2017.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/lifeexpectancies/bulletins/nationallifetablesunitedkingdom/2018to2020