Trump Booed at Arizona Rally Over His New Endorsement

Scott

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It sounds good, but the "treason" allegations  wouldn't stick in a Court of law 

I already said he won't be charged with treason. That doesn’t mean he isn't a traitor though.  Prosecuters have discretion on what to actually charge or not charge.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I already said he won't be charged with treason. That doesn’t mean he isn't a traitor though.  Prosecuters have discretion on what to actually charge or not charge.

What laws will be he be charged with ?

Is "traitor" against the law ?

Is there a USA law that can prosecute  a person for "traitoring" ?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I'm guessing after 6 years of the most intensive investigation(harassment is more accurate IMO) by multiple agencies and most of the press, if Trump had committed any charge-worthy crimes we would have heard about it long ago.

A real shame that all Presidents are not treated equally, and an equal interest into their potential crimes, whether in the US or abroad.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just stop it!

I already addressed  this.

He is not going to be charged with treason.

I already posted a list of multiple potential felony charges. 

But in my opinion and many others he is indeed a notorious traitor of historical consequence.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2022/7/28/23282170/donald-trump-treason-capitol-attack-january-6-committee-insurrection-2020-election-big-lie-2024

Judas, Benedict Arnold and Donald Trump

How does our former president compare to other famous traitors?

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I'm guessing after 6 years of the most intensive investigation(harassment is more accurate IMO) by multiple agencies and most of the press, if Trump had committed any charge-worthy crimes we would have heard about it long ago.

A real shame that all Presidents are not treated equally, and an equal interest into their potential crimes, whether in the US or abroad.

He couldn't be indicted while he was president. Wait and see now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Correct. 

Its interesting to see how the media can give a false impression whilst still stating facts .

Like if a sports crowd spent 90 minutes cheering on their team , then they missed an open goal and the crowd booed for 1 minute and the media  headline  was "Crowd boo said team" , even for it was just for one minute out of the 90 minutes 

52 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

"Within hours of President Trump's decision to restrict travel from China on Jan. 31, top Democrats and media figures immediately derided the move as unnecessary and xenophobic -- and they are now beating a hasty retreat from that position as the coronavirus continues to ravage the economy and cause scores of deaths.

Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden led the way, quickly attacking what he called Trump's "record of hysteria, xenophobia and fear-mongering" after the travel restrictions were announced, and arguing that Trump "is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-media-change-tune-trump-attacks-coronavirus-china-travel-ban

Faux news! Lol! You can check Biden's speech, he never talked about China. This was all made up by Trump.

The rieason Biden and Pelosi called Trump xenophobic was about the so-called "Muslim ban" announced a few days before, just like they did for the previous Muslim bans, I.e. Pelosi speech on 27 January 2020

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/12720

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Which, of course, is much better than the morally corrupt criminal leading the "reality challenged".

Tut tut. You shouldn't be so mean about Joe and Nancy like that. Or is it the other way round?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its getting quite similar to Christians awaiting Jesus to come back .

"It wont be long now" 

No it isn't. 

Former President trump is right now under active criminal investigations by both the Department of Justice and in Georgia. The Georgia case may be the easiest to prove. 

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Trump's brand is extremism. He lit the fire. It is time that he face prison for his multiple crimes. Otherwise any president will be able to get away with anything. 

As we can all see now.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He was the C-in-C of the armed forces of the US. There are laws against "traitoring" (treason).

"Acts of treason are punishable by confinement for fifteen to twenty years, and confiscation of property, or death penalty."

Military Crimes Code

IMO he richly deserves the ultimate punishment for trying to turn the US into a dictatorship.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No it isn't. 

Former President trump is right now under active criminal investigations by both the Department of Justice and in Georgia. The Georgia case may be the easiest to prove. 

The district Attorney for Georgia who is trying to get a case  together to charge Trump,  Fanni Willis (pictured below) , is a Democrat who has participated in raising money for the Democrats .

Is She seeking justice or is She attempting to use  the laws to prosecute her opponents ?

Are her prosecution attempts political ?

The Jolt: DA Fani Willis on Trump grand jury probe: 'This is not a game at  all.'

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The district Attorney for Georgia who is trying to get a case  together to charge Trump,  Fanni Willis (pictured below) , is a Democrat who has participated in raising money for the Democrats .

Is She seeking justice or is She attempting to use  the laws to prosecute her opponents ?

The Jolt: DA Fani Willis on Trump grand jury probe: 'This is not a game at  all.'

The jury will decide. 

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

He was the C-in-C of the armed forces of the US. There are laws against "traitoring" (treason).

"Acts of treason are punishable by confinement for fifteen to twenty years, and confiscation of property, or death penalty."

Military Crimes Code

IMO he richly deserves the ultimate punishment for trying to turn the US into a dictatorship.

Yes, but that only applies to members of the armed forces . 

The people at Capitol hill protests were not members of the military , so the treason allegations do not apply in this case .

Has Donald instructed the Army to take over C.H , then that would have been treason , but as he didn't do that , its not treason 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Let's see what the courts say. Certainly a judge has agreed that the case merits a Grand Jury investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/07/27/trump-georgia-investigation-explained/

"In January, Willis asked a judge to convene a special grand jury that has broad investigative powers. In May, 26 people were chosen to serve."

Edited by Phoenix Rising

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The people at Capitol hill protests were not members of the military , so the treason allegations do not apply in this case .

Has Donald instructed the Army to take over C.H , then that would have been treason , but as he didn't do that , its not treason 

I was talking about trump, not the insurrectionists. And let's agree to disagree on trump being a dirty traitor or not.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Just stop it!

I already addressed  this.

He is not going to be charged with treason.

I already posted a list of multiple potential felony charges. 

But in my opinion and many others he is indeed a notorious traitor of historical consequence.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2022/7/28/23282170/donald-trump-treason-capitol-attack-january-6-committee-insurrection-2020-election-big-lie-2024

Judas, Benedict Arnold and Donald Trump

How does our former president compare to other famous traitors?

How does this author expect anyone to believe his fact-starved opinion piece?

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I was talking about trump, not the insurrectionists. And let's agree to disagree on trump being a dirty traitor or not.

Did you not understand what I wrote ?

The protestors at Capital hill would have had to have been the military for the treason charges to be valid . 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"Dereliction of duty is a specific offense under United States Code Title 10, Section 892, Article 92 and applies to all branches of the US military. A service member who is derelict has willfully refused to perform his duties (or follow a given order) or has incapacitated himself in such a way that he cannot perform his duties."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dereliction_of_duty

The President is the Commander in Chief of the US Military, so I assume the UCMJ applies.  His watching the mob storming the Capitol without lifting a finger, or sending a tweet, to stop it qualifies.  After all, he swore an oath:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

The mob was preventing Congress from performing its Constitutional duties, and he happily watched it run wild.

It's amazing how many people are ok with Trump undermining the country in this manner.  It's clear members of the Trump cult put Trump before country.  Funny that some of them consider themselves patriots when they are obviously the opposite.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 11:28 AM, proton said:

Meanwhile liberal outlets ignore the whole country laughing at 'President' Biden ????

Most of the Western world (see U.S., UK, Italy, Germany...) currently seems to lack charismatic leaders, and the ones that once were very popular (Trudeau, Macron, Ardern) are in a weaker position now, and rapidly losing popularity.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Trump’s action certainly qualify as treason. 

8 U.S. Code § 2381 states: "Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Let's see what the courts say. Certainly a judge has agreed that the case merits a Grand Jury investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/07/27/trump-georgia-investigation-explained/

"In January, Willis asked a judge to convene a special grand jury that has broad investigative powers. In May, 26 people were chosen to serve."

Willis has been removed from the process , due to her hosting a fund raiser for Trumps opponent

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Did you not understand what I wrote ?

The protestors at Capital hill would have had to have been the military for the treason charges to be valid . 

The civilians broke so many other laws the Justice Department is struggling to keep up with properly identifying and prosecuting all of them.  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/jan-6-probe-expands-officials-worry-doj-resources-are-breaking-point-rcna40208

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"Dereliction of duty is a specific offense under United States Code Title 10, Section 892, Article 92 and applies to all branches of the US military. A service member who is derelict has willfully refused to perform his duties (or follow a given order) or has incapacitated himself in such a way that he cannot perform his duties."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dereliction_of_duty

The President is the Commander in Chief of the US Military, so I assume the UCMJ applies.  His watching the mob storming the Capitol without lifting a finger, or sending a tweet, to stop it qualifies.  After all, he swore an oath:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

The mob was preventing Congress from performing its Constitutional duties, and he happily watched it run wild.

It's amazing how many people are ok with Trump undermining the country in this manner.  It's clear members of the Trump cult put Trump before country.  Funny that some of them consider themselves patriots when they are obviously the opposite.

Although Trump did make a public video asking the protestors to stop protesting and to go home 

• Haha 1