A closer look at the new education bill that will shape the future of Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

'Shaping the Future' in Thailand means keeping the Sheeple dumbed down as much as possible in order that nothing changes at all; the Rich will continue to get richer and the Poor will get poorer, it's happening around us right now and unless the Sheeple get up and fight it will still be the same in 100 years time as Thailand moves further back into the Dark Ages whilst their Neighbours continue to move forward !

What is it with people using derogatory terms to describe individuals, Students are not Sheeple and neither is anyone else...

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, ozz1 said:

How about getting the kids to school first they have had 2 years off and they get more holidays than a rockstar

My 12 year old goes an extra hour  each day to help make up for all the lost time before?

6 hours ago, connda said:

As usual, everything about "Education" in Thailand ends up as hot air.

Thailand wants indoctrination centers where kids will magically learn STEM.
But learning STEM requires effort on the part of the students and skill on part of the teachers.  At the end of the day, all they end up with is the same indoctrination centers that they have now with a lot of lip-service paid to actual learning.

And little concern of an overall curriculum and protocol that continues to promote a patronage system as well as a vacancy of instilling and encouraging independent and critical thought.......especially at the mid-to-higher levels. 

It's schooling and education - not rigid and subliminal militarism.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So they will be teaching common sense approaches to situations, and no such thing as a loss of FACE since that is one of the major issues that creates a learning blockage.  Without loosing FACE as an issue students will start to open up and try even if they fail.  Pick them up, dust them off and send them forward to try again without the criticism FACE creates......

Wow, good points and big assumptions.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

The issue has always been the control of the masses by keeping them ignorant and  un-educated. It remains to be seen if this latest proposal will change anything.

It hasn't changed anything the past 30+ years.

Keeping the majority of the populice uneducated makes it easier to get away with corruption.

Aside from the Thai's with a college education that work in the cities, the rest of rural Thailand is uneducated as it can get.

My brother in law is a good example. Went to grade 4, dropped out of school to work in the fields. Cannot even read or write Thai.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

The issue has always been the control of the masses by keeping them ignorant and  un-educated. It remains to be seen if this latest proposal will change anything.

Keeping the majority of the populice uneducated makes it easier to get away with corruption.

Aside from the Thai's with a college education that work in the cities, the rest of rural Thailand is uneducated as it can get.

My brother in law is a good example. Went to grade 4, dropped out of school to work in the fields. Cannot even read or write Thai.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

One can only hope. We pulled the GFs daughter from school and I sucked up the cost for an International school.

Good for you, and good luck to your step daughter for a good future aided by good education.

1 hour ago, KIngsofisaan said:

You are critical of the Thai education system and you use an example of someone who dropped out of school ?

All Children in Thai schools are taught how to read and write 

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are critical of the Thai education system and you use an example of someone who dropped out of school ?

All Children in Thai schools are taught how to read and write 

That's the policy, it doesn't mean it happens or is productive.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

One can only hope. We pulled the GFs daughter from school and I sucked up the cost for an International school.

You wont regret it that's for sure, if your personal budgets are ok then that's the only way to go, I know from experience with my own daughter. Has cost me a relative fortune but worth every penny to her and to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Uneducated Thai teachers will never be able to educate Thai students.

The teachers here in Isaan at our local elementary school, none of them can speak 1 word of English.

Do you converse with the Teachers in the Thai language  ?

• Haha 1