Four armed robbers force wealthy French man and wife to lie on floor in 2M+ nighttime robbery in NE

webfact

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

correct,  a decent 2.5m concrete block perimeter fence and iron gates would be a good start. 

Plenty of trees to block out an easy house view,  maybe a few false guard dog signs outside,  a few cameras high up in tree branches that are unreachable ..

The residence looks pretty new from the Photo, so unless one buys the mature trees and bushes and has them planted it does take a while.  Pinhole cams are very inconspicuous as well and can be added to a server off-site for collecting information and video. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

If they can't be seen they are not a deterrent.

I mean up out of reach ....   they can be seen but not easily reachable ...   Also,  put a couple of those fake dome cameras on the front corner of the house ...

image.png.e8cd7b7a201f5a0c75d13c14a766af73.png

32 minutes ago, rumak said:

i have a wonderful place with a rice field view .  Never had any problems with robbers .............

hut-rice-field-thailand.jpg

a few years ago I stayed two nights in a place like that. down at the southern end of Muang Chumphorn. mate's wife's dad's place out in the jungle.

3 dogs, a shotty and a .357 Magnum was old mate's idea of home security ????

• Like 2

I'll go out on a limb and call his days are numbered if he stays in this relationship.  What's next?

Teeruk, you have life insurance???

Pharken oath it was an inside job.

Edited by Straight8
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

U-tube search for "ปล้นบ้าน" or "home robbery" did turn up a couple of similar "home invasion" type robberies over the last several years where: (1) the victims were at home at time of robbery and  4-5 man team used guns or knives to coerce victims. Third video only involved one robber, and not clear if victim was at home at time of robbery. Last video relates to OP story.

Thai family robbed at knife point in home by team of robbers:

Chinese tourist robbed at home at gunpoint by 5 man team:

Capture of solo burglar who burglarized 69 year old female millionaire's home (not sure if she was home at the time):

News clip on current story about French guy home invasion:

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

Who goes upcountry and flaunts such wealth??????   I once considered building a 100 million dollar mansion in Nan, but after one second I realized why draw all this attention to myself.

Look at me, I'm rich!!!!!   Inside, I have lots of rich things!!!!

This is why I live underground off the coast of Pattaya in a submarine.   safe.  for now.  

Does it have an Engine??

2 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

then 8 dancing girls to keep you amused

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would expect rich people to have a better driveway.

As for keeping large amounts of money lying around in your home .... never a good idea in any country.

I can understand a few watches for someone in the business, but why would anyone want to keep 1.5m baht in the house? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I see so many sad, negative foreigners, everyday. 

Everyday you see this?    You walk around and say, "hey, sad falang!!!"   "hey look, negative falang?"

or you read troll comments online?   

My happiness meter is 105/100, unmatched!!  Happiest person on Earth!!!  I stare at a tree, river, and another tree!!!

I only see positive, happy soi dogs all day!!!  If I thought people here were actually negative and sad, I would be clever enough to stop coming here!!!  That makes no sense!!!  Why swim in an ocean of sad, negative falangs?????   lol

Hold on, I see a sad, negative falang in Tesco......another one!!!!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

It's a beautiful house.

Lawn is a bit untidy though. I imagine that will get quite muddy after a downpour. Hope he's got enough money left to lay grass and a hard driveway.