MPs Reminded Of Being Representatives Of People, Not Powers That Be

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A PROMINENT ACADEMIC has reminded all MPs of the basic principle that they all have been elected as representatives of the people and not the powers that be who might possibly have the highly questionable electoral system retwisted.

This is what many people have been saying for a long time only the MP's are not listening and neither is the PM .........................LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Pichai apparently referred to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha who had allegedly masterminded the twisting in the voting process

Frankly, I doubt that the PM can mastermind anything, I think his creative process does not exceed the making of some second-rate songs and even that has petered out...

Nah, I believe he has been counselled quite effectively and he follows the advice he has been given, like a good General. That's why he remains "in power".

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

that they all have been elected as representatives of the people and not the powers that be

I think those 250 appointed Senators might have a bone to pick with this "academic"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.jpeg

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

"A PROMINENT ACADEMIC has reminded all MPs of the basic principle that they all have been elected as representatives of the people and not the powers that be."

Someone should emphasis this to the unelected PM, the other Chuckle Brother,  Anutin, and his soldiers of that fact.

On 7/30/2022 at 8:39 AM, worgeordie said:

In one ear , out the other comes to mind , the only time

the give a xxxx about their constituents is at election time,

and it's not Only Thailand. 

regards worgeordie

Election time?? What election time?? The unelected PM and his soldiers do not need an election while they have soldiers and guns.

regards possum

This topic is covered in the editorial column of today's Bangkok Post. In Malaysia it is now forbidden for an MP to change party between general elections; the editorial proposes similar legislation for Thai MPs. 

See the online version to view the article ( no link allowed).

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Election time?? What election time?? The unelected PM and his soldiers do not need an election while they have soldiers and guns.

regards possum

Remember how they got to where they are and the cycling mechanics which has been in order for quite some time. 

To this day, appears to be just a handful that recognize how things truly work. The tradition. 

On 7/30/2022 at 11:38 AM, klauskunkel said:

Frankly, I doubt that the PM can mastermind anything, I think his creative process does not exceed the making of some second-rate songs and even that has petered out...

Nah, I believe he has been counselled quite effectively and he follows the advice he has been given, like a good General. That's why he remains "in power".

Think your observation is right on the mark about him only being a mouthpiece. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2022 at 8:38 AM, klauskunkel said:

He's a pretty average person at best but thinks he's something special with an ego to match.

I encounter a lot of these types in upper management in companies I work with. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He's a pretty average person at best but thinks he's something special with an ego to match.

I encounter a lot of these types in upper management in companies I work with. 

Alternative paradigms of a twisted cognitive dissonance design. 

Very commonplace . One needn't look too far to witness these displays.

17 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"A PROMINENT ACADEMIC has reminded all MPs of the basic principle that they all have been elected as representatives of the people and not the powers that be."

Someone should emphasis this to the unelected PM, the other Chuckle Brother,  Anutin, and his soldiers of that fact.

Why? Since the PM is unelected, it doesn't apply to him.

We might recall as to how many of the majority MPs were hand chosen and appointed by way of the corrupted sleight-of-hand ruling party/elite. They always seem to find a way......with all the confusion that is associated with coups, constitutional changes, questionable judicial decisions, banned political parties and underhanded reconfiguring of the processes in general. 

Just another day at the office for the ruling oligarch. 

27 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

I thought it was clear to everybody that most MP’s are there only to look after their own (financial) interests, and those of anyone who pays them handsomely? Or did I miss something?

The universal mechanics of political machines the world over.