What's a good passive income source?

These ETF/ETN you can put money into and get high monthly yields.  But these are not going to grow your investment just give you good dividends.  Sort of like buying an annuity.  Where you are ok with putting the money in and not worrying if it shrinks.  If you know for sure you can just leave the money there and hold the shares no matter what.

QYLD, RYLD pay about 12%

USOI pays about 30%

A safer one with growth and dividends is SCHD but only pays around 2.9%

There are other etfs you can look at some around 6-7% yields.

• Thanks 1

Whisky at trade prices on the Whisky Invest Direct website. Easy to sell but now actually more difficult to buy due to the shortage of new 'whisky' coming onto to trading platform.

This is whisky that is priced per litre and held in bond. Not bottled or whole cask whisky (which is more of a speculative investment)

As a consumable commodity it should (and has) kept up with inflation very well.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Precisely

I was able to move here at a relativley young age (43) just by having rental income from property I owned in London. It also gives me just enough to do without being bored, but not the hassles of a fulltime job.. Plus you have the added bnus of capital growth. However, a word of warning, We've had the benefits of very low interest rates since 2009, but I think those good times are rapidly coming to an end

• Like 2

RE, rentals, land (buy low, sell higher)

If don't mind working a bit, the markets, but it is work/time put in, researching.

That's what got me retired early.  RE, rolled into the market, then liquidated.  Moved to TH.

Then RE here in Thailand, house & land (no rental), allowed living here rent free, with a house for the wife after I c r a p out, basically all free from RE investing here.  Takes a bit of effort & research, so not while you're sleeping.

Of course if not married, RE is a bit risky here / TH.  Not a fan of the condo market myself, but should be a buyer's market.  Personally unless extremely experienced, I'd stay clear of that TH market.

So the markets and certain sector funds.  If having no morals, then defense contract funds or stocks, same with oil, energy stocks/funds.

Invest in Nigeria.  There's still many highly reputable businessmen including, among others, bank managers, governmental senior officials and many, many princes that are seeking partners to assist them in international transactions often involving several millions of dollars and all offering very generous remuneration just for using your bank account.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, London Boy said:

I was able to move here at a relativley young age (43) just by having rental income from property I owned in London. It also gives me just enough to do without being bored, but not the hassles of a fulltime job.. Plus you have the added bnus of capital growth. However, a word of warning, We've had the benefits of very low interest rates since 2009, but I think those good times are rapidly coming to an end

You don't own property- you  have a mortgage. But your point is relevant- guess you'll just have to put your rents up. However,  this is problematic as enery prices  are rising

• Like 1