Letters and Statement from SCB bank for Visa Extension

I really really should know this by now but just wanted to check.

Will go to Immigration on Tuesday after I go to SCB for Letter of balance and printed statement,

Should I maybe withdraw 100thb on the day or the day before hand so the Bank book (savings) account is correctly updated?

I remember a couple of years ago they couldn't print off til the afternoon to match figures, but maybe that was Bangkok Bank not SCB...

Cheers

BBK !

Ps Phuket branches I'm talking about ....

When you deal with clerk ask for letter and also make 100 baht deposit.

Explain you want the deposit then followed by letter.

Should be 100+100(deposit) baht.

Regarding bank statement.. which method are you using?

Money in bank? ..should not require bank statements.. photocopies of bank book pages should suffice.

Income method you need bank statements.

Some banks cannot provide bank statements "on the spot" not sure about SCB.

Edited by DrJack54

Did mine at SCB. Very easy. Didn’t need to do a deposit. Just asked them for a statement and letter for immigration. Done immediately. BKK seems to take longer from what friends have told me. Good luck 

• Like 1

I keep 800,000+ in an SCB fixed deposit. I go to the bank and tell them I need a bank statement and letter for immigration for my retirement visa extension. It takes about 15 minutes to create the documents and the cost is 400 baht (200 for each document). I also make a copy of my bank book. 

I have never made a small deposit on that day as others have mentioned. My last extension was in July in Phuket. 

In case of using a fixed deposit account there is NO STATEMENT needed. Only a bank letter declaring the money has been on the account from till.... On a fixed account there mostly no transactions during the year, except the yearly intrest. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, easydoor said:

In case of using a fixed deposit account there is NO STATEMENT needed. Only a bank letter declaring the money has been on the account from till.... On a fixed account there mostly no transactions during the year, except the yearly intrest. 

You will still need to make a small deposit on the day you get the letter.

my application was rejected a few years ago because of this.

I had to go back to the bank and make a small deposit and get another letter.

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Money in bank? ..should not require bank statements.. photocopies of bank book pages should suffice.

KTB does- that's what I have had for last 3 extensions 

5 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

While you had your bank data rejected, I've always- for the last 10 years- used a Fix Deposit Account and NEVER have I had to make a deposit.  The updated bank book and letter were all that has been required.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Immigration will want the bank account up to date so will need some account movement on the date of letter application.

Some do, some don't (as with everything concerned with immigration). I just had to update my book on the day, no deposit or withdrawal required. The letter was dated the same day, but they didn't want to see if I'd made a withdrawal in the hour since I got the letter.

Note to the OP: why only draw 100? You'll only be drawing again soon after, wouldn't you? Why not draw a practical and usable amount?

Edited by Bangkok Barry

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

On retirement extension and money in the bank.

Phetchabun have required me to provide a 12 month bank statement and copies of passbook for the last 3 years (all pages right back to 2014, what the h### 2014 has to do with a 2022 extension don't know), previously, back as far as 2006, only the book was required.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverlomsak said:

On retirement extension and money in the bank.

Phetchabun have required me to provide a 12 month bank statement and copies of passbook for the last 3 years (all pages right back to 2014, what the h### 2014 has to do with a 2022 extension don't know), previously, back as far as 2006, only the book was required.

Thanks.

Another rubbish immigration office to add to "The List"

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Note to the OP: why only draw 100? You'll only be drawing again soon after, wouldn't you? Why not draw a practical and usable amount?

I withdraw 1,900 Baht from the ATM, update book on same machine, then go into the bank as soon as they open to get the letter, and now a statement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

For Fixed deposit account for THB 800.000  + one Doesn't need a deposit  One needs a Letter for Immigration and depending on the immigration office one may need copy of the deposit book and signed by bank official to prove that the funds were in the account the Whole time .

• Confused 2

40 minutes ago, digger70 said:

For Fixed deposit account for THB 800.000  + one Doesn't need a deposit  One needs a Letter for Immigration and depending on the immigration office one may need copy of the deposit book and signed by bank official to prove that the funds were in the account the Whole time .

Not where I apply for extension.

Your office may differ from the norm.

17 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

I really really should know this by now but just wanted to check.

Will go to Immigration on Tuesday after I go to SCB for Letter of balance and printed statement,

Should I maybe withdraw 100thb on the day or the day before hand so the Bank book (savings) account is correctly updated?

Just did mine at SCB

Your statement will show the last transaction on the day before your request.

On the day it cannot show movements because the day isn't completed.

As long as the sum on your letter is the same as your updated bank-book that is fine.

Update your book to the latest transaction and ask for the letter to show the same.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, easydoor said:

I've just done my marriage visa with a fixed deposit of 400,000.

IO wanted a one year statement and bank letter letter plus bank book copies.

They also asked for the book at the office.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

I keep 800,000+ in an SCB fixed deposit. I go to the bank and tell them I need a bank statement and letter for immigration for my retirement visa extension. It takes about 15 minutes to create the documents and the cost is 400 baht (200 for each document). I also make a copy of my bank book. 

I have never made a small deposit on that day as others have mentioned. My last extension was in July in Phuket. 

In CHiang Mai they want to see the back statement printout and letter done within the last week. I always do a copy of the bank book for the year, and they want to see a transaction on the day of the retirement extension, so I need to do a withdrawal and an update of the bankbook before heading to immigration.

• Like 2

At the HHIO (Hua Hin Immigration Office) they want to see the Visa account bank book.  I go the day before to our SCB branch to get the statement and letter.  I also deposit 100 THB to show activity and update.

Terry

( a few miles south of Hua Hin )

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Some do, some don't (as with everything concerned with immigration). I just had to update my book on the day, no deposit or withdrawal required. The letter was dated the same day, but they didn't want to see if I'd made a withdrawal in the hour since I got the letter.

Probably because this account is only used for extensions

4 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Not where I apply for extension.

Your office may differ from the norm.

Up till  year before last I only needed a letter from my bank .Last year we got a New Chief at the Imm office so I had to get the Bank to make the copy from the Term deposit book and they had to Sign that. No deposit needed only a book update from the ATM. 

Going to find out in a couple weeks if anything has changed .

Due for an extension Mid September.  :wai:

• Like 1

400k for one week for Custodian Visa as defined by Phuket Immigration Volunteers website.

Or being Family member (Father) to Thai children: 

2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national

(applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children):

On 8/12/2022 at 7:34 PM, DrJack54 said:

34 minutes ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Think I'll try without, if Immigration complain then  it's the re-visit to local branch with 100thb and update docs

Think that will work.

Many years ago at my first extension (CW, realize you are Phuket) the io wanted to see "activity" ....my partner ran off to bank and deposited 100baht.

The fact that new balance did not match letter that was done previous day was of no concern..

Edit: laugh emoji.

Hope it doesn't work

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

On the morning of the day that the visa will be renewed one can also transfer in or transfer out either 50 or 100 Baht electronically to the account before going to the bank for the letter so that the account already has some activity before getting the letter issued. This can be done without any transfer fee to or from any other Thai bank account using the internet banking app. It can also be done using a friend's account or another bank account you have at another Thai Bank.

Alternatively you may also be able to log into your own bank's internet banking app in the morning and then simply do something like a cell phone service top-up for 20 Baht from the account and this should trigger some account activity on the account so that the passbook can be updated with a current balance entry on that day.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The fact that new balance did not match letter that was done previous day was of no concern..

Yes, I believe that's correct, at least as far as the BKK CW Immigration office is concerned.

For someone with 800,000+K in the bank dealing with BKK CW, you can get the bank letter any time up to 7 days prior to your visit to Immigration.

But apart from that, the IOs at BKK CW in my experience always want to see that your bank book has been updated the SAME day as your Immigration visit, presumably to ensure that you still have a sufficient balance on the day of your visit.

it's not a problem for them if the listed balances on the previously issued bank letter and the bank passbook updated the day of your visit don't match... just so long as they're all at or above the 800K amount required.

By the way, people usually think of making a deposit on the date of the visa letter issuance in order to cause some account activity for passbook updating purposes, but an account withdrawal is also perfectly acceptable in this instance.

If you have an account with exactly a 800K THB balance which has been sitting there for a year, then it is likely that at least 100 Baht in interest was earned over the 1 year period year. So a withdrawal of 50-100 Baht shouldn't cause the balance to drop below 800K if you prefer to actually withdraw rather than deposit.

• Confused 1