Foreigner Apologises For Catching Parrotfish Off Southern Island

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Sanook

by TNR Staff

A FOREIGN man wanted for having caught endangered parrotfish off Koh Phi Phi Leh Island, Krabi province, as seen in a TikTok video clip that enraged Thai netizens has now apologised for having done so, Sanook.com said today (August 13).

In the video clip that he has already removed he can be standing near the boat’s captain and holding three parrotfish and two other unidentified fish in one hand and showing a stabbed sea eel in the other.

In replying to strong criticism from Thais, the unnamed foreigner posted this message on his TikTok channel:

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/08/13/foreigner-apologises-for-catching-parrotfish-off-southern-island/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-08-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

4 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Seems to be more flak directed at this tourist than the officials who allowed Mountain B to remain open and it's grifting owner to finagle his way out of a jail cell.  

Thialand has its  priorities properly up the ying-yang.  

He was granted bail... No finagle about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Probably a few of you that disagree with me, I reckon you're the same as this Joker...........an unprofessional with no accountability. 

I agreed with you until I got to this part... You are overly sensitive and shouldn't give a rat's ___ if people disagree with you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

I agreed with you until I got to this part... You are overly sensitive and shouldn't give a rat's ___ if people disagree with you.

I don't give a rat's what you agree with, mind your own business, I wasn't talking to you. 

There's a reason I added that last sentence, to filter out the the unprofessionals and the unaccountable's. 

I reckon you're the sensitive one by your worthless comment. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

A professional Spearfisher who travels around the world

OMG, a professional that has no professionalism. 

Bloody lazy Spearfisher. 

A professional would have done his du diligence, checked with authorities etc. 

What we have here is a

Selfish, Showoff, Yobbo, Youtuber. 

These idiots can't wait to post their videos then cry when confronted for doing something stupid. 

Get a life, a proper job and grow up. 

Probably a few of you that disagree with me, I reckon you're the same as this Joker...........an unprofessional with no accountability. 

lol. Maybe wrong but it’s all on the Thai captain. If a Thai were standing there with couple fish it wouldn’t be a thing. Perhaps wind neck in a bit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, daveAustin said:
1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

Expand  

Put on ignore

It's he that sent me the antagonizing comment. 

It's me that should ignore. 

What an ignorant comment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

He broke the law????? They invent laws by the day. A few years back there was a raid in a bar in Pattaya as they were playing darts and that was forbidden. There was no law but was invented suddenly.. So nobody knows the law in the Thailand because it depends who is doing what and when and how....But foreigners are easy to blame, but Thai people don't have the same laws...

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Get him. :cheesy::stoner:

Quite so.

From the article.....".The department coordinated with Marine and Coastal Resources Office 10 in solving this case with the latter having found out that the fishing boat’s name is “Ewarin ” and the perpetrators are being pursued for legal action."

They make it sound like  he is major gangster?? He caught some fish? Amazing Thailand?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Aaaah, a hostile reply. 

It's the childish that reply aggressively. 

It's Obvious you are one of those unprofessionals that has no accountability. 

All I saw in your original post is 'aggression'.

And now a sophism is added. Aggressors are all children hehehe.

Might very well be that a professional spear fisher might not know and be able to quickly recognize all the fish in all oceans or any body of water.

And you would be a professional at identifying what all other professionals should know. Lots of work in there, particularly in Thailand....

Starting with lots of professional drivers here...

• Haha 1