Lack of gratitude in a Thai relationship

Kenny202

42 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I don't think I made generalizations so much as generalization's of a particular type of person. I think it is ok to make generalizations about certain things if it is generally the case...Isn't it? 

Your comments, which I thought were interesting,  were looking at what happened in some of your relationships and you seemed to wonder if it applies more generally. I was not criticising you for attempting to do this. 

I was making my own broader theory, noted that my theory is a generalisation, and .. well .. that's that. 

I went back and looked at my post and one bit is supposed to say they don't really care as long as they get what THEY want. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

Ok so how about if the women are doing really well in this life, much better than others, they are becoming concerned that the next life is not destined to be an improvement, so they create a 'normality' surrounding farang generosity to keep the balance of hardship and suffering on the right track ????

6 hours ago, 2009 said:

Some people are just worthless and should be avoided.

Typically, the ones who try to search out farang for a relationship fall into this category. 

I also think they treat each other this way too. So it ain't just us.

It is more prevalent in people coming from the low socioeconomic places.

'Some people are just worthless and should be avoided.'

I thought you were talking about worthless foreign men!

Edited by The Hammer2021

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you notice a pattern?

You let it happen!

IMHO many Thais are great in adapting to different situations and different people.

And they are used to the fact that there is, in any given situation, one person who is in charge and another person who follows that person who is in charge.

If you make it clear that you are in charge, then they will do what you tell them to do.

And if you are not in charge then guess what. Then they will lead and tell you what to do.

In your case it is obvious that you are not in charge...

I remember one of my favorite bargirls. She was perfect for every customer - just in different ways.

I.e. when I was with her, she played the naughty schoolgirl. When she was with other guys then she looked and behaved in other ways. Other clothes, other make-up, it sees she adapted perfectly to whatever the guy was looking for. And I am pretty sure all of us customers though that the version which they saw was her true self. Like: for all those others she plays a show. Only for me she is like she really is. Yeah, sure.

naughty_thai_schoolgirl.jpg

Been trying to get the mrs to dress up like this for years, got this ones phone number? ????

Edited by proton
  • Haha 1

Good relationships require mutual respect, and gratitude on both sides for taking care of each other. Just providing support and expecting gratitude from the receiving part does not suffice. Taking care goes beyond money.

Edited by Klonko

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Most people here show sincere gratitude for any crumbs I might deign to throw their way. 

But, still, I never require them to genuflect, overly, in public. 

I hear some of the Soi Cowboy bars have a special corner for the ladies to genuflect.

• Haha 1

Idk if anyone else agrees but I think OP, respectfully, might be too soft.

For me, it's important to set boundaries and create an atmosphere of instability and scarcity - demand and supply - you are the scarce resource, she, the Thai girl, is a source of abundance. At any time, she must be made aware, you can swap her out for another girl, with no emotional toll on yourself. 

To create these boundaries, early on, you have to say "Hey, watch your <deleted> mouth, don't talk to me like that'.

OP, by treasuring your girls and treating them well, you have demonstrated that they are the valuable resource and you are one of abundance - even thought hat'snot true.  Some men can never be 'bad boys', step into the role of the dominant, confident male and you will always be served. 

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I think finding a good woman requires a proper qualification process. 

Take your time finding one, and keep your standards high. You owe that to yourself. 

Agree 100%. It was two years before I moved from casual to committed.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Brian Nose said:

Idk if anyone else agrees but I think OP, respectfully, might be too soft.

For me, it's important to set boundaries and create an atmosphere of instability and scarcity - demand and supply - you are the scarce resource, she, the Thai girl, is a source of abundance. At any time, she must be made aware, you can swap her out for another girl, with no emotional toll on yourself. 

To create these boundaries, early on, you have to say "Hey, watch your <deleted> mouth, don't talk to me like that'.

OP, by treasuring your girls and treating them well, you have demonstrated that they are the valuable resource and you are one of abundance - even thought hat'snot true.  Some men can never be 'bad boys', step into the role of the dominant, confident male and you will always be served. 

I understand the point you are making and it has some validity regarding an element of respect in a relationship 

However I personally would happily overlook the failure to experience displays of gratitude, which I don't seek anyway, than subject my lovely wife to the impression she is little better than a takeaway meal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

Been trying to get the mrs to dress up like this for years, got this ones phone number? ????

I found her (picture) on the internet.

But there is an easy solution: Buy your missus whatever uniform you like and ask her to make you happy. After all, that why we have girlfriends and wives. 

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

I understand the point you are making and it has some validity regarding an element of respect in a relationship 

However I personally would happily overlook the failure to experience displays of gratitude, which I don't seek anyway, than subject my lovely wife to the impression she is little better than a takeaway meal

It's really not that at all. In my humble experience, women seek boundaries like children. They feel secure when boundaries are clearly delineated. 

For example: 

Woman: "can I have $200 for shopping"

Man: "of course darling"

Woman (in her head): 'really!? <deleted>'

Next month: "give me $300 for shopping"

Next year: "I want to go on vacation with some men from work. You promised me we would go on vacation!"

If you think this example is stupid  - I'm using a real example of a friend. 

BTW. He let her go on the vacation. The pictures she posted on Facebook were mortifying.

I don't blame the girl - I blame the guy. Treated her like a queen before she ever earned it. 

I knew her, she wouldn't have dared do any of that <deleted> with me and she'd be a lot more content. 

It's not because I'm young, rich and good looking but because I demonstrate a dynamic of:

'I'm more valuable than you, be careful,  or you'll lose me'.

What dynamic you are demonstrating is something you have to think about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

Is it a lack of display of gratitude, or a lack of gratitude? Important distinction. 

If it's a lack of gratitude, you can be dropped for a 'better' man at any moment. 

5 minutes ago, Brian Nose said:

Treated her like a queen before she ever earned it. 

What do you mean "earn" It?

He picked her, so the won whatever game you think they are playing.

He needs to "earn" his right in the land of Alpha Males!!!!  10,000 baht for dinner or he will not earn her affection.  Then she must earn his affection.  Then they will fight to see who will earn what and who has earned this and who must earn that...

This is not the right approach when thinking about women you like.  

7 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

What do you mean "earn" It?

He picked her, so the won whatever game you think they are playing.

He needs to "earn" his right in the land of Alpha Males!!!!  10,000 baht for dinner or he will not earn her affection.  Then she must earn his affection.  Then they will fight to see who will earn what and who has earned this and who must earn that...

This is not the right approach when thinking about women you like.  

Well, you took the word "earn" to it's most ridiculous extent. 10/10

First farang wife, in Oz, never said thanks (or please) once in many years after marriage. Also quickly snatched things out of my hand; e.g. documents. money and just getting some jam from the jam jar, before I'm finished she'd strongly snatch the jam jar away and put it somwhere out of my reach. Before marriage not a problem.

Thai wife always polite and pleasant, always please and thank you.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Sorry but i have not read all the replies nor the long OP heard it all before, the more you give the more they expect, my missus does say thank you for the smallest things, I do give my wife a monthly allowance even now and payed for the land and made a small house but where i wanted to live, but anything she wants she buys not me, easier for me to budget , though she has her own small salon, sewing, and selling food, work ethic is what she has, and she is still helping to support her adult kids who also have good work ethic.

I would never move to 'Their' village and from the very start told her not to tell her extended family up north she had a falang boyfriend/husband, I've  never met them nor do i want to.

After the death of my friend last week she has closed her shop to help me with all the arrangements, and now here I am sitting in hospital with a skin infection, while she sleeps on the floor next to me, not only does she help me but the also others in the ward. Yep she IS different and I am a very lucky man indeed.

You have it good, fellow Brian.

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That was the moment when I told her I have enough of this. Go to your village, think about your behavior. I don't want to see you. Maybe two months later I let her come back. And she was again a nice girl, and she didn't complain all the time. 

Nice move! Great decision. This thread was feeling a little 'simpy' until I read this.

If you don't want to be treated like garbage, just don't date trash cans.

Simple as that, dear OP ????

A country girl from Isaan - brought up in a dodgy family and then sent to a redlight district to siphon as much easy money as possible - simply doesn't see the world the way you do. She doesn't have the same values, expectations, dreams, etc... She doesn't want to be saved or loved; she want you to be the tool that will enable her sick delusion of grandeur in which she is the superstar of the village - admired by neighbors and praised by parents.

I know this pains many farangs but Thailand isn't great because of its brainwashed people or conservative culture but because it is cheap. I'm not saying you won't find nice people there but they won't be especially nicer than in Europe or Australia.

My humble take on all this: don't get married in Thailand, don't invest in Thailand, don't buy a house in Thailand, don't open a bank account in Thailand, etc... Rent an affordable place, have fun, work online for a western company, use an international bank to access your money, get yourself a decent health insurance and that's it ! Honestly, don't even rent a motorbike unless you absolutely must ????

Being pragmatic is often seen as being cynical but in the end, it's the right way to go if you wanna have a smooth ride - it's all about finding the optimal balance between risks and benefits and understanding that Asians don't give a damn about your christian-oriented mindset (idealism is a western concept).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

If you don't want to be treated like garbage, just don't date trash cans.

Simple as that, dear OP ????

A country girl from Isaan - brought up in a dodgy family and then sent to a redlight district to siphon as much easy money as possible - simply doesn't see the world the way you do. She doesn't have the same values, expectations, dreams, etc... She doesn't want to be saved or loved; she want you to be the tool that will enable her sick delusion of grandeur in which she is the superstar of the village - admired by neighbors and praised by parents.

I know this pains many farangs but Thailand isn't great because of its brainwashed people or conservative culture but because it is cheap. I'm not saying you won't find nice people there but they won't be especially nicer than in Europe or Australia.

My humble take on all this: don't get married in Thailand, don't invest in Thailand, don't buy a house in Thailand, don't open a bank account in Thailand, etc... Rent an affordable place, have fun, work online for a western company, use an international bank to access your money, get yourself a decent health insurance and that's it ! Honestly, don't even rent a motorbike unless you absolutely must ????

Being pragmatic is often seen as being cynical but in the end, it's the right way to go if you wanna have a smooth ride - it's all about finding the optimal balance between risks and benefits and understanding that Asians don't give a damn about your christian-oriented mindset (idealism is a western concept).

So, you want to be a westerner doing only westerner things in Thailand?

What has Christianity got to do with it?

You eat westerner food only?

Very strange post.

Why not just stay in your westerner country?????????

1 hour ago, Brian Nose said:

It's really not that at all. In my humble experience, women seek boundaries like children. They feel secure when boundaries are clearly delineated. 

For example: 

Woman: "can I have $200 for shopping"

Man: "of course darling"

Woman (in her head): 'really!? <deleted>'

Next month: "give me $300 for shopping"

Next year: "I want to go on vacation with some men from work. You promised me we would go on vacation!"

If you think this example is stupid  - I'm using a real example of a friend. 

BTW. He let her go on the vacation. The pictures she posted on Facebook were mortifying.

I don't blame the girl - I blame the guy. Treated her like a queen before she ever earned it. 

I knew her, she wouldn't have dared do any of that <deleted> with me and she'd be a lot more content. 

It's not because I'm young, rich and good looking but because I demonstrate a dynamic of:

'I'm more valuable than you, be careful,  or you'll lose me'.

What dynamic you are demonstrating is something you have to think about. 

Everyone has an opinion Mr. Nose

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I found her (picture) on the internet.

But there is an easy solution: Buy your missus whatever uniform you like and ask her to make you happy. After all, that why we have girlfriends and wives. 

You ever think if you picked the right one, you wouldn't have to fantasize about dressing her up like a clown?

• Haha 1