Lack of gratitude in a Thai relationship

Kenny202

2 minutes ago, 2009 said:

There are countless stories like this on here. Seems common in the farang-Thai relationship.

And do the people the OP describes sound worthwhile people to you?

You should be aware that in low socioeconomic areas there are way more social social problems and abuse, right? There have been research papers written on that 

You have said it "Stories". ????, so many of which are unsubstantiated.  I left believing in fairytales behind when I was a young child but clearly some people never ever really grow up.  Also this thread is about lack of gratitude in a Thai relationship, not about abuse which you attempt to deflect onto.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

To save others looking it up ????

gen·u·flect
/ˈjenyəˌflekt/

verb
  1. lower one's body briefly by bending one knee to the ground, typically in worship or as a sign of respect.
    "she genuflected and crossed herself"

You provided the polite definition of the word, I guess. 

41 minutes ago, 2009 said:

And do the people the OP describes sound worthwhile people to you?

This is certainly one issue.  The OP points out that they aren't "bar girls", as though that is the only group of people that could possibly be problematic.  They can still be opportunistic users.  He mentions them having kids and possibly seeing a foreigner as a last resort, which sounds quite likely.

If they're just using a foreign guy for money, bar girl or not, it will show in the relationship.  If "not a prostitute" is synonymous with "not a bad person", then you may not be exercising the best judgement.

Anyone who says "I stay with you" as a explanation of what they bring to the relationship is basically an employee.  Would someone be on this sub asking why their maid doesn't love them?

46 minutes ago, Excel said:

You have said it "Stories". ????, so many of which are unsubstantiated.  I left believing in fairytales behind when I was a young child but clearly some people never ever really grow up.  Also this thread is about lack of gratitude in a Thai relationship, not about abuse which you attempt to deflect onto.

How do you substantiate countless people's experiences?

Ever heard of financial abuse?

What about emotional neglect?

Maybe you need to reread the OP.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A couple of years ago my gf though it is a good idea to tell me all the time what mistakes I made in the past. Yes, I made mistakes and I apologized. But she still complained again and again. That was the moment when I told her I have enough of this. Go to your village, think about your behavior. I don't want to see you. Maybe two months later I let her come back. And she was again a nice girl, and she didn't complain all the time. That happened a couple of years ago and she still is 95% of the time a nice girl. Problem solved.

And if she would not have changed then we wouldn't be together anymore. I won't let a girl ruin my life - even if she can be nice if she wants to be nice.

I have always made that my policy. If the relationship starts off based on money or there are major psycho, jealousy, trust issues early on....they seldom improve....but every now and then there are extenuating circumstances like kids involved or maybe the threat of a huge embarrassing screaming performance at the front of your home. No reason to unreasonably suffer a bad relationship but sometimes you have to pick your moments. I find usually best to let them leave themselves in a fit of irrational rage and simply refuse to let them come back.

I am in a relationship now where things have improved over time and it has probably been worth some heartache. and about 95% is about as good as it gets in any relationship. Very wary of going back now after a split. If it failed before probably will again. Rarely does anything change much, not for any length of time anyway 

• Like 1