Pattaya residents and social media upset about overnight foreign motorbike racers

snoop1130

Arabs or Martians, it makes no difference.  It is unacceptable act by individuals regardless of their nationalities.  Calling all Arabs names is unfair and serves no purpose other than creating a divide.  Arabs come from many different countries, and most are good and law abiding people.

Edited by Husain Tula
spelling mistake

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm sorry to hear that you lived in Saudi, hell on earth. 

I worked in Saudi for a few years, flying in and out every 4 weeks, I hated it.

I regularly saw the fun the boys were having on their motorbikes

I've also got a few photos of 10 year olds driving the family car with mum sat in the back seat. 

It's a strange place with strange people. 

IMG_20220823_052712.jpg

IMG_20220823_052508.jpg

My greatest hope is that I never have to visit Saudi, for any reason. That would be a life well lived. 

1 hour ago, connda said:

I see Arab-Hatred is alive and well on this forum.  Really.  You should check yourself and the overt racial hatred.  It's not a good image for this forum.

OK, post a link to either ONE positive arab or NIgerian story on Aseannow.  I'll wait. It's not about racial hatred it's about constant bad news about these people

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've also got a few photos of 10 year olds driving the family car with mum sat in the back seat. 

IMG_20220823_052712.jpg

IMG_20220823_052508.jpg

Then you'll  understand  why I find Thailand  so easy and why I have contempt  for the Thai bashers and neurotics who complain all the time. They know  nothing of thailand but live a a life of vicarious  fear through  salacious  headlines

11 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

sounds like you've never actually lived amongst his kind of people. I have, for 40 years, and I can assure you that their allegiance lies with their ancestral home and not where they have lived their whole lives. 

I came to Thailand to escape the sleeper cells that are starting to overrun the south west of Sydney. the deciding factor was when the counter-terrorism unit arrested a self-proclaimed sheikh who lived around the corner and who was plotting to behead tourists in the street. 

If it can be partial consolation, or perhaps a wake-up call, this is also the case in Europe.
To name a few: Germany, Denmark, Holland, Sweden, Belgium, England has already been mentioned. All Arab-Islamic neighborhoods. Where Islam is not religion, it is political identity. Not to mention France: a minister of the Interior who proposed to take back control of at least the first thirty out-of-control neighborhoods in France (thirty!) was fired. I myself, when I am in Europe, live in a neighborhood where at night, you are woken up by cars with very loud music: Arabic music. And where there are gangs (drugs and prostitution) of Arab-Islamic people. Very violent. You are right that these communities have a very hard time integrating. Islamists should have the courage to stoop even to the dark pages of their own past and present. Who knows, maybe in some time.

54 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

where Plod when this is happening.. hiding in the station..eh

From that "other" source

PATTAYA: Police cracked down on young motorcyclists from Middle East countries causing a huge public nuisance by illegally racing on the streets of Pattaya, making 30 arrests on Monday night.

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

IMG_20220823_052712.jpg

IMG_20220823_052508.jpg

Pictures are not from Saudi though.

16 minutes ago, Maejo Man said:

From that "other" source

PATTAYA: Police cracked down on young motorcyclists from Middle East countries causing a huge public nuisance by illegally racing on the streets of Pattaya, making 30 arrests on Monday night.

not stopped.. cracked down for them means they are probably having a meeting to talk about putting together  a meeting to discuss it read the article these pr...ks are running riot plods doing  nothing ...perhaps soon we may get a little pointing always good for a media photo eh

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

OK, post a link to either ONE positive arab or NIgerian story on Aseannow.  I'll wait. It's not about racial hatred it's about constant bad news about these people

Well, granted the Muslim and Arab world have a major PR issue at this time. But, there are alot of good Muslim and Arab people out there. I know some. We can't paint 2 billion people with the same brush. It tends to make us look a bit narrow minded. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, PJ71 said:

It's not a patch on what they get up to in their home countries albeit in cars.

They're not the only ones that do this, happens all over thailand with the locals.

Very true... throughout the Middle East whenever taking a drive outside of the city the roads are covered in tyre marks from burnouts and donuts....

We criticise driving in Thailand, but its much worse in much of the Middle East.

Driving is quite an aggressive deal and often more dangers. 

Thailands road stats are crazy high because of the amount of motorcyclists and also motorcyclists without helmets, whereas in the Middle East the roads are better designed, but the driving is utterly atrocious with hideous tailgating and very aggressive driving styles.... 

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

This action outraged numerous Thais and foreign tourists who resided close to the street or the rendezvous of these foreign racers, prompting a question of where the law enforcement officials were when they were needed.

Asleep.

Are the goats lying down because they have got sore asses?

Hard to feel sorry for the whinging Thais given the number of Thai boy racers that flog past my place on their bikes every f in night. Mufflers modified and engines screaming and they couldn't care less about the local area residents. Go you Arabs, give them some throttle.

5 hours ago, martand said:

If it can be partial consolation, or perhaps a wake-up call, this is also the case in Europe.
To name a few: Germany, Denmark, Holland, Sweden, Belgium, England has already been mentioned. All Arab-Islamic neighborhoods. Where Islam is not religion, it is political identity. Not to mention France: a minister of the Interior who proposed to take back control of at least the first thirty out-of-control neighborhoods in France (thirty!) was fired. I myself, when I am in Europe, live in a neighborhood where at night, you are woken up by cars with very loud music: Arabic music. And where there are gangs (drugs and prostitution) of Arab-Islamic people. Very violent. You are right that these communities have a very hard time integrating. Islamists should have the courage to stoop even to the dark pages of their own past and present. Who knows, maybe in some time.

no consolation at all sir. I've read a little bit about what's happening in Europe and I pity them. it boggles the mind that were expected to show tolerance to and intolerant ideology that seeks to convert us, kill us, or enslave us. or if we're lucky we could get away with paying jizyah tax.

I've never had the misfortune to live in a full-on Islamic State like Saudi or Iran but I did live in Jakarta for about 12 months all up over the years. also spent a tiny amount of time in hardcore Malaysian towns, eg. Kota Bahru. that gave me a tiny glimpse into how insufferable it would be to live under the control of the Caliphate.

hopefully Thailand doesn't lose its nerve like the West and open up their doors to full-scale immigration ????

Edited by Lemsta69
typos
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, cheapcanuck said:

I wonder if the residents would be just as upset if the racers were local?

Of course they would... and there have been numerous articles about such in the past... 

But.... who responds to those threads ???... they lack a certain ‘outrage trigger’......   they don’t quite provide the ‘kicker’ to stimulate primeval urge humanity has developed over the last 25 years to push ones index finger on moveable pointer then punch away into the nether of nothingness later to be claimed as ’netizen outrage’ !!!... 

18 hours ago, leither69 said:

Just another day in LOS, never seen a Thai driver who cares about other road users either!!

"never seen a Thai driver who cares about other road users either!!"

That comment  is an exaggeration- Just your own anti racism..Or you have seen  very few Thai drivers!

The majority  are polite and care about themselves,  their families,  passengers  and other people.

AND when you are a passenger?

With whom do you drive? Do you let them drive dangerously

My drivers  are very good, very safe  and polite.

On 8/22/2022 at 4:49 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Same in parts of London every summer. The Arabs are untouchable  They have full $ FULL support  from their embassies in Thailand and in the UK the police are too scared to approach them for fear of upsetting certain  communities. They effectively get away with public murder attempts  on international  authors too.

Rubbish. ????️

[NEEDS CITATION]

7 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

I wonder if the residents would be just as upset if the racers were local?

Probably.... it as been known. It was common around the North End of The Railway Line Bypass.... but it is forever dug up nowadays. 

23 hours ago, kentrot said:

Strange - not a helmet in sight and yet no law-enforcement around to collect fines .

I thought there was going to be a crackdown on ...... Never mind ???? 

Quality tourists ; right !!! 

On Suk road this morning at the U-turn near macca's.... had two thais on a scoot come flying past, the pillion with a helmet in each hand..... they hit the medium got all sorts of <deleted> up..... was amusing to see the helmets bouncing along the road !!