Nz 2nd worst country to live in

Sparktrader

Thailand was voted the 8th best country to move to:

8. Thailand: Great Finances, Social Life & Medical Care

Thailand excels in the Personal Finance Index (4th) — 70% are happy with their personal finances (vs. 60% globally) — and narrowly misses out on a top 10 spot in the Ease of Settling In Index (11th). Expats love their social life (69% satisfied vs. 56% globally), and more than half (52%) say that making local friends is easy, compared to 42% globally.

While Thailand also performs well in the Expat Essentials Index (18th), it lags behind in the Quality of Life Index (35th). Expats are happy with the culinary variety and dining options (90% vs. 77% globally) and the quality of medical care (85% vs. 72% globally), but 45% rate the air quality negatively (vs. 19% globally). Lastly, it lands among the bottom 10 in the Working Abroad Index (45th), which is mainly due to a lack of creativity (41% vs. 26% globally) and independent work (45% vs. 28% globally) in the local business culture. Overall, 77% of expats are happy with their life in Thailand.

https://www.internations.org/press/press-release/where-expats-should-not-move-in-2022-40279#:~:text=The Expat Insider 2022 survey,destinations for expats in 2022.

Move anywhere in the world with no money as an immigrant is not a good idea IMHO.

My relatives in NZ don't have a problem living there because again it's only the poor that suffer. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

I live in Thailand and had been seriously considering a move back to the UK mostly for my son's education and for a better family life (grandparents, lots of uncles, aunts, cousins). But now am unsure as I understand that the average energy bill in the UK will rise to aprox 500 GBP per month!!! Add to that the impending interest rate rises and rising food prices I honestly don't think I can afford to move back. Crazy times!

You are just making figures up and posting them as fact. It's really just nonsense. Perhaps half that is true....which of course is still too high.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Move anywhere in the world with no money as an immigrant is not a good idea IMHO.

My relatives in NZ don't have a problem living there because again it's only the poor that suffer. 

Being poor anywhere no good

$2.50 for fuel is high though

28 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Total dud. Most Nzers seem to live in Oz or about half.

Your statement is a bit over the top, but yes it is true that many NZ'ers are going to OZ for better wages, plus the probable law change that covers kiwis for health/social services while in Aussie.

But on the flip side NZ is starting to get many Aussie tourists now that travel is easier.

Edited by thainet
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Being poor anywhere no good

$2.50 for fuel is high though

I don't compare to UK £ anymore 38 baht a litre for diesel last time I filled.

Forget what petrol 91 was I just get 500 baht every 4 weeks for the bikes. 

9 minutes ago, thainet said:

Your statement is a bit over the top, but yes it is true that many NZ'ers are going to OZ for better wages, plus the probable law change that covers kiwis for health/social services while in Aussie.

But on the flip side NZ is starting to get many Aussie tourists now that travel is easier.

You have to be a resident to get medicare. Too many freeloaders as it is.

2 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

You are just making figures up and posting them as fact. It's really just nonsense. Perhaps half that is true....which of course is still too high.

The only "figure" provided was the 500 GBP per month for energy bills, and that figure is coming straight from the UK government. Inflation topped 10%, also according to the government. This is going to be a difficult winter for the UK and much of Europe.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hummin said:

Svalbard is good for both, and the majority of female workers there is from Thailand and the largest population of workers who is not Norwegian.

https://www.asiaportal.info/mayfrom-thailand-svalbard-migration-margins-an-magritt-jensen/

Can you pop over to Svalbard from Antarctica for a beer and a <deleted> then back again on Friday nights,

• Haha 2

I enjoyed NZ a number of times I went there; however, it has got very expensive. Many scenic wonders. Rotorua,  Wanaka, Otago Peninsula, Milford Sound etc.

It's said New Zealanders are more British than the British, a fairly accurate assessment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I enjoyed NZ a number of times I went there; however, it has got very expensive. Many scenic wonders. Rotorua,  Wanaka, Otago Peninsula, Milford Sound etc.

It's said New Zealanders are more British than the British, a fairly accurate assessment.

Mostly Scottish and Maoris

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2022 at 12:12 AM, Kwasaki said:

As my Dad (oldest of 11 children who grew up in the Great Depression in the US) used to joke:  "Money isn't everything, but it sure helps." But a majority of them worked their way up to very successful careers.  My 6 Thai in-laws who I sponsored to come to the USA maybe 10 or so years back did OK.  But they got jobs, worked hard and enjoyed life. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 11:35 AM, Bruno123 said:

I'm not making them up. That is what the industry experts are predicting for next year.

• Like 1