Landromat in Pattaya in the soi Pothole area ?

Baron Samedi

Walk up soi Pothole to 3rd road cross over to the 7/11 opposite walk approx. 25 metres down towards Pattaya tai and there is one a couple of doors away from the now closed Boxing Roo bar ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, topt said:

I do my own laundry.......

Bought a machine 12 years ago and do my own ironing - used to do before I came here so why do I need to get someone else to do it. I have more time now than I did before and not as if it takes a lot of effort..............

Lots of options as you say if you don't want to do but perhaps be careful of overly generalising..........????

I think The subject of the thread is the whereabouts of a laundrette in soi Pothole not doing your own washing at home.

I can't think of worse waste  of time than sitting in a launderette or doing my own ironing especially in a service oriented  country where getting  such things  done is just a touch of relaxed luxury.

As for the whereabouts of launderette in Pattaya or doing  your laundry  at home. Why?

It's cheap to get  laundry done here but I guess some  people are too  broke or too  cheap Charlie to pay to have their laundry  done?

Ironing is tedious and remains  a women's job and as some places do excellent  cheap work with creases like razors why bother doing it oneself?

If someone has 'enough time' to do their own laundry  carrying their  dirty clothing  through  the streets  to a public  launderette, sort through their underwear in public, wait  for the  machines to go through  their cycles, use a HOT-AIR dryer - then walk home......I feel sorry for such  people. I get having a machine  at home and using it  occasionally  but ironing or  going  out to a laundrette like Otteri...no way...Unless of course they  offer a service wash and ironing!

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Does it provide  an ironing  service? Does the OP know there  are dozens  of excellent laundry services provided on nearby every soi in Thailand.  Cheap and excellent  service

He is asking for a laundromat. I see that as simply a shop with machines and you sit there watching your own stuff go round and round. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

One of the many tiny little every day things that make living in Thailand  easy and simple- multiple  choices of laundry services with ironing at cheap price. No need  to hang around clamouring hot damp machinery mindlessly  killing time watching the stains of your past  rotate.  What a waste if time in  Pattaya of all places! I wish the OP would explain his motivation  for doing  his own laundry?

Stain Boxers? ????

9 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I wish the OP would explain his motivation  for doing  his own laundry?

Since there are laundromats everywhere in Pattaya these days, I don't think they cater to the OP only, but I know, everyone that doesn't agree with you or your ideas is wrong

• Like 1

One of the many tiny little every day things that make living in Thailand  easy and simple- multiple  choices of laundry services with ironing at cheap price. No need  to hang around clamouring hot damp machinery mindlessly  killing time watching the stains of your past  rotate.  What a waste if time in  Pattaya of all places! I wish the OP would explain his motivation  for doing  his own laundry?

I do my own laundry on soi bukhao before action street. Pretty simple, put washing in and go have breakfast across the road. Go back and put in dryer for 20 minutes. Washing done within an hour instead of waiting 3 days to get it back 

• Like 2

Now why should anybody explain their personal motivation to do or not to do something to you????????. You do things differently - good for you ( and you, too, do not owe anybody an explanation for your choice(????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Does it provide  an ironing  service? Does the OP know there  are dozens  of excellent laundry services provided on nearby every soi in Thailand.  Cheap and excellent  service

Ask him......

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Hi @Sheryl what do you think about that? 555

Using a laundry is something you do when you first arrive, noobie, then you either have a machine in your condo or go to Otteri type places. Anyone who gets their socks and pants ironed needs help 555

Anyone still wearing socks needs help definitely... pants are an option when outside.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bang saen guy said:

Never found a laundry here that could iron worth a damn. Always have to redo it

If you provide the girl with hangers then they normally do an ok job.

For me it's a laundry over a laundromat. By the time you buy the washing soap, sit there and wait for your washing and drying cycles to finish and then iron the stuff and how much do you save?

30 minutes ago, Watchit said:

If you provide the girl with hangers then they normally do an ok job.

For me it's a laundry over a laundromat. By the time you buy the washing soap, sit there and wait for your washing and drying cycles to finish and then iron the stuff and how much do you save?

Laundromat is something like 40THB for 9kg and then some.

Laundry is like 40THB for 2 t-shirts and a pair of pants.

The appeal of the laundromat seems pretty obvious to me.

True, you gotta wait for a bit but quiet frankly if you have internet, it's pretty easy to use your time managing your online stuff, watching a movie or giving your opinion on Aseannow.

I don't know. People are just different from one another I guess....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

Laundromat is something like 40THB for 9kg and then some.

You forgot the drying cost or do you take it home wringing wet and hang it out yourself?

Almost sounds to me like you have an interest in this laundermat but i'm probably wrong about that lol